/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Healthy Recipe Images, Plz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 1385319936350.jpg (871KB, 1126x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1385319936350.jpg
871KB, 1126x1001px
Ok, /ck/.

I'm sick of my dinner choices. It's always the same things.
>Digiorno's pizza (filling and cheap)
>Buffalo chicken sandwiches
>Grilled chicken sandwiches
>Stuffed clams with baked beans and buttermilk biscuits
>Halibot's Chicken Pot Pie with baked beans
>Spaghetti (beef, ground turkey or sausage)
>Progresso's Soup

Only meal I make with effort is Cajun chicken Alfredo pasta.

Give me ideas for healthy dinner recipes that are also filling, preferably in image format. I'm the kinda guy who needs to eat a lot or else I can't sleep/get restless. I'm probably 230 lbs, and I need to lose wight.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (763KB, 1195x1035px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
763KB, 1195x1035px
The most important thing is to learn to cook. You can eat much better this way.
>>
>>7487582
>Pizza : takes 30 seconds to call for delivery and 30 seconds to deal with the delivery guy
>bottom picture : spend two hours in the kitchen

I mean sure bottom one is more varied and better than a crappy pizza, but it's silly to argue about price when one doesn't require any work compared to the other.
>>
>>7487612
If you're that lazy, just do Blue Apron
>>
>>7487622
Not saying that I'm lazy, just saying it's disingenuous to say that "X is better than Y because X is 5 dollars cheaper" when Y takes 4 hours to do. Time has value, there's a reason why we're paid by the hour.
>>
>>7487629
There's also the 100% tip.
>>
>>7487582
Where the fuck do you buy a whole chicken for $0.37?
>>
>>7487572
>potatoes: only white/red/sweet

what other kinds are there
>>
File: 641.png (562KB, 872x406px) Image search: [Google]
641.png
562KB, 872x406px
>>7487685
Purple
>>
>>7487669
Stop going to whole foods
>>
>>7487572
Make the Cajun chicken, skip the noodles and Alfredo sauce. Slice the chicken and top a nice green salad with it. Make your own balsamic vinegrette for dressing.
>>
>>7487691
OP, here. Dude, I go to Hannaford, it's about $9-10 for three chicken breasts. I can slice them in half for six chicken sandwiches when I grill them.
>>
>>7487582
This is well intentioned and the point is fairly well made but ... how do you get $0.34 worth of coconut milk? $0.32 worth of eggs? I get that these could just be per serving, and makes a large quantity, but like someone else said it's also a LOT more time consuming. And, depending on how much you're eating that pizza could and should also be worth more than 1 meal.

But, I appreciate the humor in a 100+% tip.
>>
>>7487582
$0.03 for saffron threads o i am laffin
>>
>>7487759
I had a post written but I realized that the picture was probably made for shitposting.

If the 100% tip didn't give it away the bananas, saffron, and potato do. Especially the bananas since $6.75 of bananas would be almost ten pounds where I live. And that's ten pounds of bananas for the one meal. Not for the week or so.
>>
>>7487582
Hi, I'd like to purchase .32 cents of eggs!
>>
>>7487669
>>7487835
They took the bait!
>>
>>7487582

>Mutton 0.03
>>
>>7487572
There's this very big guy who looks like an olive skinned Homer Simpson that cooks one big meal he eats throughout the day, look for his videos as they're posted frequently.
>>
Try salmon + veggies in foil. Hard to fuck up.
>>
>>7487572
Bump, need some more, please.
>>
>>7487835
>he can't figure out how to purchase $0.05 worth of vermicelli noodles
Typical Blue Apron customer detected
>>
>>7487582
tipping 101% of total cost
>>
>>7487572
>Only meal I make with effort is Cajun chicken Alfredo pasta.

There's your problem. Learn to cook - stop following guides off of 4chan and start watching non-US cooking shows, youtube channels that focus on technique rather than recipes (if they are demonstrating a recipe without using words you're not learning), buy cookbooks that are written by chefs not TV personalities, make a dish you have never heard of before, etc etc.

You already have the dietary knowledge to eat well, now you need to learn the technical skills to make it tasty.

If you're a true fitizen you'll understand that gains take work and effort, the same applies to eating tasty food.
>>
>>7487582

Can you please tell me how you buy three cents worth of peanuts?

>cooking is the kitchen is cheap, just after receiving a small loan of a million dollars
>>
>>7487582
Fantastic point, terrible image. My best friend spends like 40-60 bucks on food per day; eats breakfast and lunch out, and orders dinner in. She makes fantastic money at her job, but how she justifies spending more on food than rent is just crazy.
>>
>>7487629
>there's a reason why we're paid by the hour.
>not earning a salary
DUDE WAGE SLAVES LMAO
>>
>>7487572
>white rice
>healty
>no proper whole grains like wheat berries
Shit/10

Make stews, use lots of vegetables. They're plentiful, delicious, and you can easily adjust things to make shit more interesting. Oh and stop using these shitty image guides, they're usually crap
>>
File: Uyr6Bfm.png (313KB, 796x1765px) Image search: [Google]
Uyr6Bfm.png
313KB, 796x1765px
>>
>>7487572
Potato leek soup
>>
>>7487572
I've made the first two of these and they're good places to start. The third is on I'm going to try this week.

Green Curry from Hot Thai Kitchen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIbKVpBQKJI

Stir Fry w/ Jamie Oliver (and knife skills too)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z_d0soK1cI

Stuffed Roast Chicken w/ Gordon Ramsay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BLXYuc4YB0
>careful with the added salt on this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BLXYuc4YB0
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.