[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ceviche

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: ceviche.jpg (64KB, 525x294px) Image search: [Google]
ceviche.jpg
64KB, 525x294px
What's the best fish to use? Best acid? Seasonings? I want your personal favorites.
>>
>>7485017
Catfish + Kale + Tomatoes is my favorite if you don't want to spend much. If money is no object I'm a big fan of yellowfin tuna and mango.
>>
>>7485017
lime and salt, maybe some basil or cilantro if you must
>>
>>7485017
You shouldn't be making it if you had to ask

>>7485021
Catfish??? Kale???? Also, there's no place for tomatoes in ceviche. Will overtake the acidity you are looking for. Shitposting can cause harm to those unawared anon.

>>7485045
There's no place for basil in ceviche. Cilantro is a must tho.
>>
>>7485063
Not shitposting. Its in no way authentic but I used cherry tomatoes and it turned out well. I like a more traditional arrangement but I usually make another batch with something different to experiment and catfish + kale came out of that.
>>
>>7485063
Not shitposting. Its in no way authentic but I used cherry tomatoes and it turned out well. I like a more traditional arrangement but I usually make another batch with something different to experiment and catfish + kale came out of that.
>>
>>7485096
Nothing is authentic in ceviche I'll give you that, and kale might have it's place in it to contrast (arugula as well if you think about it). Catfish? well if you are fond of it, go for it. But tomatoes? No anon, you are just pushing it too far.
>>
>>7485017
Mahi-mahi is good. Patagonian Toothfish is too. Salmon is good. Yellowfin is good. Snapper is good. So is hake. Basically any sushi fish is good, though I would avoid tuna myself cause then you're just making poke. Chili peppers, lime, salt, white pepper, cilantro a little black pepper, a drizzle of olive oil or avocado oil; all of these can be good. Don't listen to >>7485063; he's a troll or an autistic "purist" who should shove off to the nearest sushi thread and stay there.

Basically, avoid fish that's too delicate, just because it'll fall apart. If it'll hold together for sashimi/nigiri, it's probably good for ceviche.
>>
Sea urchin ceviche at Dorsia.
>>
>>7485112
I see what you did there

>>7485131
Sea urchin should never be molested. Sea urchin has to be left alone. You don't mix sea urchin with other stuff. If you need to disguise sea urchin flavor, than you are not ready for sea urchin. Get ceviche instead.
>>
>>7485131
>implying you can get a reservation

who do you think you are, Paul Allen?
>>
File: a-tasty-flounder.jpg (257KB, 600x454px) Image search: [Google]
a-tasty-flounder.jpg
257KB, 600x454px
>>7485017
Flounder is good. Look up how that famous Asian dude javier in peru makes it.
>>
Shrimp, tomatoes, onions, cilantro and fresh jalapeños with of course a shitload of lime juice
>>
>>7485977
Flounder is great. Any saltwater fish not prone to worms (and usually from warmer waters) is a good choice. Mixto with some shellfish added is very good, too.

I lean Mexican when I make it, so it's red onion, salt, lime juice, a little serrano pepper and cilantro. Basically fish-amole.
>>
Swordfish
Lots of lime. Loads of black pepper. Loads of chili. Red and green peppers but do not tomato.
>>
The three most common fish where I live , Northern coastal Mexico, in order of popularity are,
triggerfish ( cochito )
shrimp
mackerel
>>
>>7486687
I meant most commonly used for ceveche
>>
>>7486688
ceviche, fuck me
>>
>>7485106
So Costa Ricans and Peruvians can put ketchup in their ceviche but actual tomatoes is a bridge too far?
>>
>>7486687
Where do you live?
>>
This deep water fish called a barrel fish, kindve a cross between a tuna and a grouper that lives on oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. Fuckload of lime, lemon, cilantro, salt, pepper, and jalapeño. Drain juice and serve over chips. Gets my dick hard. Tuna works good too. Keep it simple. Tomatoes are shit, so none of that.
>>
Red Snapper, Lime, Lemon. diced banana peppers, diced jalapeno, minced garlic, topped with cilantro and green onion.

Trigger fish, lemon, lime, apple cider vinegar chili powder, cumin, cayenne, jalapeno sometimes
>>7486687
Similar here.
>>
>>7485996
>flounder
>not prone to worms

Do you even fish?
>>
File: 070.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
070.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
Pimp ceviche master here, ill share a few of my favorite combos.

Tuna- Make a sauce by mixing 2 cups of soy with 1 cup of sugar, a quarter cup of rice wine vin, a bit of minced garlic, cook until the sugar disolves.Then add in lemon lime and orange zest, grated ginger and grated garlic, as well as some cracked peppercorns. let that sit for 2 days. Strain that out and the sauce is ready. Thinly slice tuna and lay out on a plate, give it a few squirts of the sauce, fresh lime juice, cilantro, chives, wakami, olive oil and coarse sea salt. This is more of a tiridito but its fucking dope.

Grouper- Fresh thinly slice grouper with olive oil, lime, chive, tomatillo, thinly sliced jalapeno, avocado, coarse salt, black pepper, cilantro and pickled cucumber, simple but incredible.

Bay Scallops- Cheap and plentiful, if you ever want to eat 30 creatures in one sitting this is the best. A few good dashes of a nice hotsauce, thinly sliced thai green chilies, lots and lots of lime juice, a bit of olive oil, sugar, salt, avocado, peeled and bruinoised celery and small cubes of cucumber, lots of mint and cilantro, celery leaves for garnish, and some chives, you can leave the abductors on the scallops if you want since theyre so small, but if you have 30 minutes to spare feel free to peel them all off, this one is really good but I stress that it needs a LOT of lime juice.
>>
Usually do scallops or some white fish. Never tried catfish.
>>
>>7488372
>Fuckload of lime, lemon, cilantro, salt, pepper, and jalapeño.
So you could put that on anything and it'd taste the same
either you like fish or you don't
>>
>>7489242
>Tuna

Fat and ceviche are fundamental enemies. Confirmed bait. Don't listen to this fucker. Ceviche is not sushi you pleb

If you are going to use fish, ceviche demands white flesh fish. So no sardines, tuna, etc.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.