[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ck/, what is your go-to recipe for chicken?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: chicken in skillet.jpg (35KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
chicken in skillet.jpg
35KB, 500x332px
/ck/, what is your go-to recipe for chicken?
>>
Whole chicken, rub the outside, under the skin and inside cavity with butter or olive oil, salt, pepper. Stick some chopped fresh herbs, minced garlic and thinly sliced lemon under the skin. Stick half a lemon, a few crushed cloves of garlic and some herbs inside the cavity. Roast on a rack at 425 until done, about an hour or so usually depending on the size of the bird.

I also do the same thing with split breasts.

For legs and thighs, I like to season and sear them in a cast iron skillet and then finish in the oven.
>>
Sage and thyme, olive oil and worcestershire with a splash of soy sauce. Marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours, dredge in seasoned flour, pan fry, chop and eat with romaine, avocado, endive and feta.
>>
>>7477486
i bounce between 3:
1)egged & crumbed spicy chicken bits for wraps
2)butter chicken
3)chicken schnitty with veg or salad
>>
How is this called in english?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D_HQd5riNA
>>
>>7477486
let it be and gather it's eggs
>>
>>7477486
>/ck/, what is your go-to recipe for chicken?
Overnight yogurt chicken. It tenderizes it and permeates the flesh with flavor.
Chicken pieces, bone-in, remove skin (all breasts is fine, it does not get dry). Wash, pat dry, and arrange in pyrex baking dish. In small nonstick, saute several cloves of garlic in butter or oil, add garam masala, cayenne, salt, pepper, to warm through, and remove from heat to cool. To cooled mixture stir in a cup of cold yogurt, juice from 2 lemons with 4 Tbsp of zest, and about 1 inch grated ginger.

Pour over the chicken pieces, turning to coat, cover with wrap and refrigerate overnight.

How you do your garam spice blend is up to you. I vary what I am heavy on each time I make it. I also actually like to double the yogurt mixture to have "sauce" to pour over my rice, which cooks while the chicken bakes.
>>
Fry em, add olives and sundried tomatos and cream.
Throw it onto pasta.
>>
cook it

you don't have to, but it tastes better and doesn't give you wicked shits
>>
>>7477486
1) cook with other veges and rice with a soy sauce + rice vinegar + brown sugar + sesame oil + red pepper flake or cayenne + ginger + garlic
2) marinade with soy sauce and dijon mustard
3) marinade with taco seasoning and make a homemade burrito bowl.
4) make spicy chicken tendies or breaded chicken. egg/flour unnecessary. If you just have bread crumbs, cayenne, and paprika, youll have some yummy chicken.
>>
Poor man's sous-vide; Brine 5% 4 hours, rest 2 hours, then poach at 70°C until done. Idiot proof, no cleanup, very tender and moist. Maillard is overrated desu. Obviously you want to season the water, then cook something else in it
>>
>>7477486
frozen chicken
assload of paprica
bunch of garlic powder
bunch of onion powder
bit of chili powder
bit of cayenne pepper
make some rice
take out some cheese and tortilla
throw it in a pan for 5 minutes and eat chicken tacos

I eat this a lot
>>
Drive up to the speaker, say I would like a 10 piece bucket of the chicken and mashed potatoes and biscuits. Pull up to the window, get the food, drive off after paying. Any one can do it.
>>
None, because I'm not some fucking sociopath that eats animals
>>
>>7477506
Chicken à la King is the closest to it
>>
>>7477673
No, you're just a sociopath that eats vegetables and creates shitposts.
>>
>>7477528
>Maillard is overrated
You know you can cook it in the ghetto sous vide and then brown it off in a pan, right? If you want the browning I mean.
>>
>>7477673
Ignore this poster
>>
>>7477486
Garlic or mustard chicken.

Cut into strips, season
Add crushed garlic or mustard
Brown in pan, add bit of stoxk or water to deglaze
Cream, nutmeg, season
Ladle over rice

Simplistic comfort food from my long gone youth.
>>
>>7477486
Roast breasts in oven that have been rubbed liberally in Tony Chachere's.

Easy and cheap, serve with whatever sides you want.

I typically make mashed potatoes from scratch and steam broccoli.
>>
pepperjack and bacon in the middle
>>
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs

Marinated in cheap ass Teriyaki Marinade with a little soy sauce.

Fried with some sesame seeds

Served over brown rice

With broccoli
>>
>>7477511
You can't let it be AND gather it's eggs. It's one or the other.
>>
What I usually do is throw the chicken straight up in the trash.

Then I grab some hamburger meat. Shape into thick patties, generously season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Let sit for 30 minutes. Fire up grill, cook hamburgers for 2 minutes on each side. Apply choice of cheese and let melt for last minute.

Fill your bun full of veggies and condiments. Enjoy your chicken sandwich OP
>>
File: _20160316_083113.jpg (480KB, 2048x1461px) Image search: [Google]
_20160316_083113.jpg
480KB, 2048x1461px
>>7477497
I basically did this the other day. Turned out really nice, picture related.
>>
>>7477696
>>7477696
>>7477696
>>7477696
>>7477696
this.

Lowry's seasoning is good, but Tony Chachere's beats the shit out of it.

When I was on my serious fast weight loss mode, I ate nothing but spinach, chicken breast with Chacheres, and sweet potatoes.
>>
>>7477659
I tried this anon but the frozen chicken is like a solid block after 5 minutes. Maybe increase cooking time?
>>
place 1-4 chicken breasts on a paper plate. Microwave on high until done in the center, sprinkle some salt and eat. Yum.
>>
>>7477659
I 2nd this
>>
>>7477486
Honestly?
I eat a lot of lean chicken and am pretty lazy.

I mixed salt pepper and garlic powder into a shaker.
Usually just dump some on chunked raw chicken and cook it in olive oil.

Eat it with raw fresh veggies and im done for my meal.
>>
File: E8dR7VC.gif (1MB, 400x254px) Image search: [Google]
E8dR7VC.gif
1MB, 400x254px
>>7477673
>>
>>7478066
What the fuck
>>
>>7477486
Chicken breast - coated with crushed saltine crackers and fried in olive oil, served with sweet chili sauce and lemon.

Chicken thigh - General Tso's

Whole chicken - roasted with whatever blend of spices/herbs I prefer at the time.
>>
throw chechen in garbage

buy steak

cook for 1 minute on each side

server
>>
>>7477486
Anyone else gumbo?

Chop up onions, celery, and bell pepper. Put it in the slow cooker with some oil and let it cook a bit while getting everything else ready.

Make a dark roux and add it to the veggies, pour in whatever ratio of chicken stock and beer you like.

Brown the chicken with salt and pepper, brown some smoked spicy sausage, andouille is preferred, chop up the sausage and toss them in into the slow cooker. Chop up okra and add that too.

Add your super seekrit cajun seasoning mix and let it cook for at least a few hours but sometimes I leave it all day because I got things to do.

I probably skipped a step but that's how I make gumbo.
>>
>>7478065
well, you're supposed to thaw it, at least I do because generally I cut it up into small pieces with a pair of kitchen shears and then season it in the pan. It only uses 3 dishes by the time I'm done (pan, scissors, and plate, 4 total with rice cooker if I make some) and has a really low cook time/skill requirement.

It's not gourmet or anything of course, it's just easy tastes pretty good, doesn't cost much, is quick to cook, and not quite as body killing or stomach destroying as something like ramen noodles.
>>
>>7478066
triggered/10
>>
Cut to 1/2 thick

Marinate in evoo, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and honey for 15 mins.

Pan seared till blackened, finish in oven
>>
File: 20160316_190300.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160316_190300.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
>>7478407
Forgot pic
>>
>>7478259
Making gumbo in a slow cooker disgusts me.
>>
File: obama_cheese.jpg (63KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
obama_cheese.jpg
63KB, 800x531px
>>7477524
Underated post
>>
>>7477486
>half an onion, half a red bell pepper, half a green bell pepper, and a habananero
>put it in the food processor
>cook it in large pan with a little chicken stock
>add a shit ton of cajun seasonings, cayenne, and other shit
>get it real hot
>add rice
>cook starchiness and shit off of rice
>add enough chicken stock to boil rice in
>cover boneless skinless chicken thigs in cajun seasoning and salt and shit and olive oil
>grill chicken
>cut up chicken into small pieces
>add to rice mixture

eat the SHIT out of it
>>
File: 1453963929952.jpg (7KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
1453963929952.jpg
7KB, 200x195px
>>7478246
Dude.
>>
Usually, when I need something quick/can't be bothered to prepare something, I get a chicken breast, and dice it into bite-sized pieces.

I marinate it with Tabasco sauce, paprika, curry, (chinese) five-spice powder, and some salt. I toss into the skillet, and cook. Then I serve with some frozen vegetables or rice.
>>
1. Chicken Marsala: I simply take 2 cups of mushrooms, dice them up finely, saute them in Butter, set them aside, pound 3-5 chicken breasts until flat, dredge them in flour, then saute them in the butter from the mushrooms until cooked through. Then remove the chicken and set aside, add mushrooms back to the pan, add half a cup of water and half a cup of Marsala wine, some chopped parsley, and some salt. Stir well and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes and there's your sauce. Serve with sauce ladeled on top of chicken.

2. Six-can chicken tortilla soup: you can Google this and find it pretty easily. Do drain and rinse black beans, no matter what the recipe says. Also kick up the cumin/Chili powder a notch.

3. Chicken Picatta: like Chicken Marsala, except different. Lots of recipes available for this one.
>>
given that I make it as a main source of protein each week, I'd have to say that my go-to recipe for chicken is 5lbs of bone-in chicken thighs covered in store bought spicy sazon rub

not fancy, but delicious and helps me gain weight
>>
>>7478428
:(
>>
chicken breasts - katsu or stir fry
chicken thighs - honey sesame chicken or stir fry
whole chicken - quarter it and bake with potatoes
>>
>>7477506
chicken supreme
>>
>>7477486
chop it

salt pepper paprika curry powders.

high heat
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.