[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fake Olive Oil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: sad_olive.jpg (60KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
sad_olive.jpg
60KB, 600x456px
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/dont-fall-victim-to-olive-oil-scam/

>Mafia controlled
>Cheap generic brand oil (sunflower oil) with added chlorophyll and beta carotene

Hey /ck, how does it feel being cheated your whole life?
>>
Jesus, you're just finding out about this? What rock have you been living under? I haven't bought italian olive oil in maybe 15 years
>>
>>7476151

>"I haven't bought italian olive oil in maybe 15 years"
>>Italy one of few places to find legitimate olive oil discussed in link

I've been living under the rock that watched a 60 min episode from a couple weeks ago.
>>
>>7476158
Sorry, I don't own a television, but why would you travel to italy just to avoid counterfeit italian oil? Are you one of those new jersey "eye-talians" who thinks that a thing is automatically better if it came from italy? There are like 40 other countries that produce perfectly good oil, the united states being one of them.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>carb addicts think italians make good food
>>
>buying anything other than cheap plain vegetable oil at Walmart

you're being scammed.
>>
>>7476149
This is not news. Nor should it be a revelation that any cheap shit you buy at the supermarket is likely to be garbage. Source your fucking ingredients carefully.
>>
File: smirk.gif (424KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
smirk.gif
424KB, 480x270px
>>7476169
>the united states being one of them.
>>
>>7476534
dumb animeNEET
>>
>>7476158
So you take a trip to Italy to visit your favorite olive orchard every time you want to buy olive oil?

Most of the '''''''''italian'''''''' ''''''''''''''''olive''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''oil'''''''''''''''''' sold in the US is either faked, mafia-controlled, or both.
>>
>>7476149
>mfw I am italian and just recently we had an oil scandal about fake oil
>>
>>7476149
Get olive oil from Spain or California
>>
>>7476580
It happens every year. And that's an improvement. It used to never happen because no-one could investigate the problem.

Now if you folks actually did something about it for once.
>>
File: 1457577323921.jpg (31KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1457577323921.jpg
31KB, 600x900px
>>7476149
>mfw I own land with olive trees, some people I pay pick the olives and I oversee them being crushed into oil in a local refinery

Feels good being italian.
>>
>>7476820
>Now if you folks actually did something about it for once.
>you folks
government and mafia here are close to being the same thing
the fuck can we do about it
>>7476825
>>mfw I own land with olive trees, some people I pay pick the olives and I oversee them being crushed into oil in a local refinery
how much for a litre
I need good oil
seriously
>>
>>7476856
Shoot both until problem goes away.
>>
>>7476871
america.exe
>>
What I do is not eat any macronutrient isolates. Whole foods 4 t3h win :D :D :D
>>
>>7476470
You an EU player . add me /users/m0die
>>
olive oil is so funny, as a "health" food you see fatties dousing their food with it
:labored breathing: its good fats

same shit as wine
:liver noises: it's heart healthy

nigger, no, just shut the fuck up for a second. Nobody says you should be going out of your way to eat olive oil, the recommendation is if you insist on putting garbage into your body then olive oil is one of the less bad kinds of garbage. Same for the wine, nobody is telling you to take up drinking so you can get your glass of wine in, but if you have lost control of your life and are drinking every day as it is, wine is the way to go with it

know what's sad though? drinking 2 alcoholic drinks a day is considered moderate drinking
>>
>>7476944
Alcohol may be beneficial for those doing everything else wrong:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18791048
>>
>>7476825

>some people I pay

You mean African/Middle Eastern migrant labor?

>Feels good being italian.
I bet it sure does.
>>
I only buy Zatoun brand Palestinian olive oil.
>>
File: cor-100056.jpg (40KB, 312x526px) Image search: [Google]
cor-100056.jpg
40KB, 312x526px
>buying Italian "olive" oil
Not even once, OP. I buy pic related.
>>
>>7476944
>one square daily of 70%+ chocolate may be marginally beneficial
>everyone gorges on Hershey's
>"it's healthy tee hee"
A sysadmin I was working with would unwrap and eat a 60 calorie candy mid-sentence
>>
>>7476975

>Palestinian olive oil.

Good for you, it's about time the Palestinians build a reputation for themselves other than their bemoaning of perpetual victim-hood and stabbing attacks on regular people. I for one applaud their efforts to offer positive contribution to society.
>>
>>7476534

There are some great producers in Cali, don't hate. Cali has been fucking Italy on wine and olives for a long time now.
>>
>not getting chilean denominacion de origen olive oil
>>
>>7476998

+1 for California oil

Italy has been shit for a long time. Nothing there is really special anymore, with the possible exception of traditional balsamic vinegar, but the only thing they have going for it at this point is the whole "Nahuh you cant call it TRADITIONAL because it wasn't made in this specific hut in this specific provence" thing they're always whining to the EU about. And that's the only thing they have anymore. They can't compete on price, flavor, or quality, so all they have is regional bitching to protect their product.

Same with parmigiano reggiano.
>>
>>7476997
Now if only settlers would stop burning down all the olive trees.
>>
>>7476856
You need about 4-5 kg of olives for a liter of oil.

My trees barely yielded me a bottle of oil this year. I blame my siblings on this since they kept watering their garden in summer.
So only 7-8 trees beared fruits instead of the 20-25 we have. The trees are quite young too about 8 years old
>>
>>7476856
I own an olive grove in southern Italy and bring my olives to a small place that produces good olive oil using exclusively olives from local producers such as myself, i bet they shop internationally.interested?
>>
>>7477035
This year eas shit for everyone mate,we didn't ever bother picking them.
>>
>>7477045
well it was better than the previous one where we had olive fruit flies
>>
>>7476975
>Palestinian olive oil.

Suave.
>>
>using oils ever
enjoy your obesity
>>
>>7477038
>>>7476856
I own an olive grove in southern Italy and bring my olives to a small place that produces good olive oil using exclusively olives from local producers such as myself, i bet they shop internationally.interested?

Wow. No kidding?
>>
>>7476944
you got something you need to get off your chest, anon?
>>
>>7477015

Point taken. Long as we realize that the settlers are a small but rabid percentage. They tend not exactly tote the moderate line.
>>
>>7477146
I'm just disgruntled because nobody ever takes me seriously
>>
>>7477126
Why would I be kidding. Sixty trees, used to be my grandparent's. The place is a coop of local producers, incidentally founded by my grandfather among others. We make enough oil to last one year for the whole family and we abuse olive oil.
>>
>>7476944
>Nobody says you should be going out of your way to eat olive oil

actually that's exactly what they're saying. the addition of olive oil to the diet is considered healthy in appropriate amounts, not unhealthy. you can't just have a zero fat diet.
>>
>>7477164
there should be naturally occurring fats in foods you eat. there isn't any good reason to be adding fat other than because you want to add fat
>>
>>7477164
>considered healthy in appropriate amounts
You've fallen for marketing. Adding fat to your diet will only make you fat. It is not healthy at all. You aren't starving. You eat probably 5 times a day. Do not add olive oil to your diet, fat-ass.
>>
>>7477015
why do you love terrorism, mahmoud? pallywood oil is literally the holocaust in a bottle.
>>
>>7477191
Jesus fattie calm down, I use olive oil all the time on salads and I've never been above 15% bodyfat in my life

Fat free is so 80s, I bet you think if you avoid eggs you can avoid exercise too
>>
This is news to me, and I'm at work so I can't watch the video until tonight.
Is there anyway of testing oils to make sure they're legit?
I just might start buying cheap vegetable oil from now on, what a load of shit.
>>
>>7476815
One of our names for our organised crime translates as "really big fucking octopus" because, much like a Nipnong rapemonster, it has its tentacles everywhere. There's no European country, Spain included, where crime syndicates haven't fucked with the olive oil. As for Californian stuff, when the price drops to a reasonable cost, I'll stick to what I buy presently.

As an Italian national living abroad, I no longer buy Italian olive oil of any sort. I used to buy Greek until that started to taste off, too. Then Croatian regular and pomace oils, but they started to taste off, too. Now, I get my OO from Muzzy countries exclusively. Say what you will about the kamekaze carpet-pilots, but their olive oil is legit.

>>7476149
The problem is that the olive oil meant for export gets mixed with non-olive oil in order to cut costs and increase profits. The reason they can generally get away with it is because most of the people in the countries the oil gets exported to have no idea what olive oil is supposed to look or taste like. In Italy, Greece, Spain etc where we know what it's supposed to taste like, we have different, more dangerous problems with adulterated olive oils, but I'll not get into that unless you're really very curious.

Suffice to say, unless you're getting it from a camel-jockey country, don't bother with imported olive oil no matter where you are. Ever.
>>
>>7477226
Just buy olive oil from Tunisia, California, Palestine, etc.

You can't just cast aside the world's greatest oil like that.
>>
Italian olive oil. Not even once.

I usually get Spanish or Greek.
>>
>>7477260
the world's greatest oil is solid and comes from animals
>>
>>7477252
This is very interesting information. Do you have any other industry issues because of the mafia/government connection?
>>
>>7477252
Huh, guess I'll join the Tunisian high quality olive oil meme train, then.
>>
That's why I get my olive oil shipped from a producer in Greece.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.