[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Banana pancakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: banana pancakes 2.jpg (259KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
banana pancakes 2.jpg
259KB, 1600x1067px
If you make banana pancakes, what do the bananas displace (from a standard pancake recipe)?
Should some other ingredient else be scaled back to make room for the bananas? I want the batter to be thin.
>>
>>7475701
I consider myself a comnoseuir of banana pancakes as they are de-fucking-liteful. Don't displace any ingredients. Cut the bananas thin and make sure you place the batter on the skillet and thin it out.. make them wider if you will. But don't compromise the integrity if a good batter. Remember pecans > walnuts
>>
>>7475709
I was going to mash up the bananas and mix it in.
>>
>>7475725
Do this and leave out eggs.
>>
>>7475701
2 eggs
1/2 cup of dry oats
2 very ripe bananas
brown sugar
vanilla extract
I also use honey

blend all the ingredients and leave the batter in the fridge for like 20 minutes until it thickens. then you are good to go. I find that they brown a lot quicker than normal pancakes so keep the heat low
>>
>>7476933
Doesn't it need milk or anything?
>>
>>7476996
nope. although you could add it im sure
>>
>>7477012
Cheers. I'll give it a try tomorrow I think. I can do some basic shit but haven't tried pancakes yet.
>>
>>7477012

on typical pancakes you know they are ready to flip due to bubbling around the edges. is this the same on these pancakes? I'd imaging they're more viscous
>>
>>7477119
its nearly the same. the only difference is the middles take longer than normal pancakes which is why id keep the heat low. im not going to try and sell them like they are the same tasting as normal pancakes though. its banana and oats. has a cakey texture and tastes a lot like bananas. i also added blueberries to mine and didnt even need syrup. was surprised how good they came out.
>>
>>7477046
let me know how they turn out
>>
>>7479103
Delicious taste, terrible shape. I need a lot more practice.
>>
File: 1452540806273.jpg (83KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
1452540806273.jpg
83KB, 640x479px
>>7475701
>banana
>pancake

Either do bacon and maple syrup, or mushy peas and ketchup
>>
>>7480407
nice. and yeah my advice would be to get your pan hot and keep the batter cold. so long as it still pours, the thicker the better.
>>
File: 2016-03-17.jpg (91KB, 698x930px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-17.jpg
91KB, 698x930px
>>7480436
Hmz, I had a second batch ready, regular recipe, and that turned out perfectly, pic related, especially considering it was my first time making pancakes.
Maybe I left it in the fridge too long or added too much sugar. I couldn't flip em and ended up with something that looked like scrambled eggs.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x960px
>>7480549
strange although I heard that the water content of the bananas could drastically affect the end product. I used maybe 2-3 pinches of brown sugar. and my bananas were very very ripe but just before the actual flesh turned brown.

pic related is the one I let my son make. like i said in an earlier post though, I don't want to sell them as if they are completely the same as normal pancakes. they are definitely different. but if you liked the taste it may be worth trying again.
>>
>>7480581
Yeah I added quite a bit more then a few pinches of sugar, and had my heat too low I think. The bananas were perfect, skin completely black with alcohol-y smelling mushy flesh. I eat em a lot in shakes so I have some overripe laying around most of the time. And the taste came through very nicely.
Thanks for your input, I will surely try it again!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.