[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Americans really eat this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

File: apple pie with cheese.jpg (153KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
apple pie with cheese.jpg
153KB, 1000x1000px
Do Americans really eat this?
>>
Yeah I gotta get me my daily slice of Julian's you piece of shit
>>
I tried it once because I learned about it on here. Before that I've never heard of it and nobody I've met has ever heard of it. I'm gonna go out on a limb a say that 99.98% of the apple pie eaten in America is consumed without cheese.
>>
>>7470755

It's certainly a thing in some parts of America but it's not as common as one might be led to believe.
>>
>>7470755
American here. No.
Just, no.
>>
>>7470755
Never heard of it. Could be good though. It's not like apples and cheese are a bad combo.
>>
It's only done in one or two very tiny regions, and though most people have heard of it, the vast majority of the country has never tried it.

So yeah, it's basically the same as chili without beans.
>>
>>7470755
It's ok, but I prefer fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on apple pie.
>>
File: tedcruz.jpg (75KB, 1160x936px) Image search: [Google]
tedcruz.jpg
75KB, 1160x936px
>>7470755
not often, but every fall as a kid i made an apple pie with maple smoked cheddar in the crust. People enjoyed it. Just putting cheap cheese on cheap over-sweet pie is American AF tho
>>
>>7470784
>cheap
Honestly the few people who eat cheddar cheese with apple pie usually use the aged stuff
>>
>>7470755
That looks like cheddar, it's supposed to be American cheese.
>>
File: 1454969063516.jpg (227KB, 1539x1323px) Image search: [Google]
1454969063516.jpg
227KB, 1539x1323px
>>7470791
That is not cheddar
>>
File: shutterstock_288297071[1].jpg (292KB, 1000x604px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_288297071[1].jpg
292KB, 1000x604px
>>7470793
I dunno man, whatever it is it looks too dark to be American.
>>
>>7470795
Cheddar is white
>>
>>7470793
>>7470795
It's definitely cheddar.
>>
>>7470793

Based on the context and the picture, it's pretty clearly cheddar.
>>
File: 1431054893648.jpg (795KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1431054893648.jpg
795KB, 1920x1080px
>>7470767

This.

I tried it because Travis orders it in a diner in the movie Taxi Driver.

Some Southerners swear they love it, I thought it was meh, confused the flavors.

I think even on a show like Chopped, if they hadn't heard of it they'd be like "wtf is this?"
>>
>>7470793
well it's not american either, as american cheese doesn't sweat.
>>
>>7470798
Except when it's yellow.
>>
>>7470798
Sometimes. Depends what kind.
>>
Never seen anyone do it in my life.
Seen people bake jalapenos into their apple pies tho.
>>
File: cheddar.jpg (35KB, 472x310px) Image search: [Google]
cheddar.jpg
35KB, 472x310px
>>7470801
>>7470802
Cheddar is white and crumbly, that '''cheese''' in the OP pic is definitely not cheddar
>>
>>7470854
>white
Depends on whether or not annatto was added to the cheese.

>Crumbly
Depends on the age of the cheese. Older cheddar is indeed crumbly. The younger stuff? Nope.
>>
>>7470854

Lol. Lmao. ROFL. Roflmao. Hopping into my Roflecopter and sending sides into the air.

Either decent bait or you truly know nothing of cheese.
>>
I tried it once. It was a weird blend of salty sweet richness. I'd rather just have a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
>>
>>7470870
alright faggot, calm down there. its fucking cheese
>>
Cheddar cheese on apple pie?

It's some shit people from Vermont do. Don't ask me why because I don't fucking know.
>>
>>7470990
Ai tried it once after hearing about it, using a sharp white cheddar. It wasn't bad but it was different.

It makes sense, though. Apples and cheese can be a god tier combo.
>>
>>7470990
>>7471305
Sorry, didn't mean to quote.
>>
>>7470798
All cheese is white, unless you add dye or mold.
>>
>>7470772

ISIS sleeper agent detected.
>>
>>7471329
this

They should serve it at the border to test who is a terrorist or not
>>
>>7470755
It's a weird regional thing. Almost nobody does it.

I've never tried it but apples do pair well with sharp cheddar (sharp cheddar croutons with apple parsnip soup is god tier) so it might be good.
>>
>>7470755
this could be really good with brie
i love apples with brie
>>
>>7471321
Or the cow has a diet rich in beta carotene.
>>
>>7470755
california fag here. Never even knew such a thing existed.
>>
>>7470755
I'm the number one American after Uncle Sam and I can promise you I wouldn't eat that trashy nonsense with your mouth
>>
>>7470755
Depends on the pie and cheese.
Most of the time it's safer to just order a la mode, but people manage to fuck that up sometimes. Band pie and ice cream that barely has any vanilla flavor and no egg in it is a travesty to a la mode and makes it underwhelming.
Cheese is even trickier to get right, though. You need to match it up with the pie, and not turn it into a sweaty mess like in that pic for it to be really good, so less places do it.
>>
>>7471673
Bland*
Band pie sucks too, though. They're always so socially awkward.
>>
I thought it was a meme like the no singles policy on /tv/
>>
>>7470806

It's an old-fashioned thing from diners and coffee shops 60+ years ago. American cheese slices-- like for your hamburgers and sandwiches-- is all there would be in those sorts of places.

>>7470803

It was an old-fashioned thing to do when Travis did it in 1976-- like 30 years out of date.
>>
>>7472197
Cheese on apple pie goes back to before the US existed.
>>
>>7470755
Salty/savory things on rich/sweet things has always been a thing. Back in the beginnings of America, people actually farmed, cooked, and preserved food. So you would have home-made crusts, fresh in-season apples, and crafted cheddar cheese.

Wouldn't even compare to a frozen denny's pie with kraft singles.
>>
>>7472205

May be, but a slice of American cheese on your Apple pie is an iconic 40s/50s diner thing.
>>
>>7470755
>lifelong American
>left coast because best coast
Never seen this irl
Never known anyone who has
>>
>>7472263
I wish the left coast would be cut off and let out to sea.
>>
>>7472269
Then we'd have a new left coast
>>
>>7472304
o shi!
>>
Cheese on apple pie is actually more common in Canada than America, but we don't use American processed cheese, of course.
>>
>>7470755
I'm 29 years old and this is the first time I've seen any sort of reference towards cheese on apple pie
>>
>>7472310
>we don't use American processed cheese, of course

As far as I know neither do Americans in most cases, I've only ever heard of cheddar being used.
>>
>>7473141

All that means is that you don't watch TV or movies, know much about regional American cuisine, or have otherwise been living under a rock.
>>
>>7472205
You're talking to people that think apple pie is American when apples aren't even native to the new world. They're idiots.
>>
>>7473206
No food is native to anywhere unless you think some sort of god put it there for human consumption. "Native" is arbitrary and does not exist.
>>
>>7473206

>he takes our memes seriously

Those of us that are educated know about the origin of many fruits. You're welcome for the tomato by the way, like that's not way more GOAT.

-New World
>>
>>7471305
>It makes sense, though. Apples and cheese can be a god tier combo.
this
use apple cider vinegar on your mac n cheese to cut through the fat
>>
>>7470755
This is what Ed Gein asked for and ate before confessing to murder.
>>
>>7470854
The cheese in your image is yellow.
>>
>>7473209
How silly. If an animal or piece of vegetation evolves on a particular land mass, it is native to that area.
>>
File: johnnyappleseed.png (194KB, 294x241px) Image search: [Google]
johnnyappleseed.png
194KB, 294x241px
>>7473206
>mfw
>>
>>7470755
No, never
>>
>British Dessert
>"American as apple pie!"

>Americucks
>>
>>7477225
It's not like niggers invented collar greens

They just associate it with their culture because it's remained a staple for so long.

Also, it's highly doubtful Brits were the first people to put apple in a pie
>>
>>7477231
Uhhh... excuse me? How does an AMERICAN of all fucking people think they any authority to claim what is authentic or not? Also cool it with the racial slurs, Adolf.
>>
>>7477236
eat shit
>>
>>7470755
I would think putting cheddar on a perfectly good slice of apple pie would ruin it. And yes Im a American
>>
>>7473206
>>7475115
Do you like Full English breakfast?
>>
>>7477236
>uses slurs
>gets upset when others use them
Fuck off and suck some moslem cock.
People like you really make the rest of Europeans like myself look terrible.
>>
>>7475115
you know tomatoes came from the Americas but its a staple of Italian cooking so its considered Italian
>>
>>7477996

You're a fucking retard.

That's not how things work.
>>
>>7478012
>howd i prerscivedd dat
>>
>>7477964
>would think
Try it, it really works
>>
I've done it, but I live in Vermont and almost all of the cheddar here is solid quality Cabot. It's fine, but like a lot of people said, ice cream is usually better. If it's not good cheese, it would really fuck it up.
>>
>>7477996
Tomatoes are not considered native to Italy. They are thought of as part of Italian cuisine, but that's entirely different.
>>
>>7470755
I put apple in my chicken quesadilla, and its fucking amazing.

Ive never put it on pie, but I could see why someone might like it. Its really not that weird
>>
>>7477964 >'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''cheddar'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
>>
>>7478078
Problem?
>>
Yurocuck here, I enjoy it actually
>>
>>7470755
Fuck that fucking little town. Fucking hour and a half drive outta san diego for pie just as expensive as in back in fucking civilization
>>
>>7470755
Texan here. Never heard of this before.

Do Yuropes really assume everything that goes on in the USA is country-wide? My state alone could fit the bulk of Europe inside it, each region of the US might as well be a different country as far as cultural shit goes.

This is the first I'm hearing of cheesy Apple Pie...is...is it good?
>>
americans will eat anything if its free
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 320x340px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 320x340px
>>7479021

Great post.

I'm totally triggered.

4 (You)
>>
Only plebs are repulsed by Fruit+Cheese
>>
>>7478592
Texas is roughly the size of Spain or France. By no means all of Europe. You get points for trying though.
>>
>>7470755
Flyovers eat this shit
>>
>>7479069

If you read the thread you'd know otherwise.

But congrats, you live in a big city, and are uneducated.

Please keep flying, we don't want you to land here.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.