[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't Americans eat Eggs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: 5626726262362623.jpg (40KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
5626726262362623.jpg
40KB, 500x333px
>Oh dude lets whip up a carbonaraa man just like they do in italia
>wow bro a bit more cream alright
>eggs? really man what are trying to do
>WOAH BRO make sure those eggs are nice and cooked you trying to give me saalmonella or something man
>>
>>7468323
we think chicken period is gross
>>
Raw eggs are considered potentially unsafe all over the world so I don't know what the point of this shit thread is. sage
>>
We are fatasses who love cookie dough. We don't actually care.
>>
File: 1446782606494.jpg (71KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1446782606494.jpg
71KB, 960x640px
Decent shitpost, but could use some work
>>
>baby's first troll
>>
The US is the only place I know where all the eggs you buy are identical in colour. If you buy a pack of 6 eggs here, they will be 6 different shades of brown. Are they chemically treated, or just selectively picked for a market of tards? Not trying to imply that most of you guys would care, but clearly enough do.
>>
>>7468364
You can buy them, but they're more expensive
>>
>>7468364
White ones are pretty much identical, but the browns vary a bit with many shades.
>>
>>7468364
they bleach the shells outer layers off to make it "Clean". Why yank eggs always need refrigeration
>>
>>7468323
Yurocucks should be range banned. Literally never contribute anything of quality.
>>
>>7468768
Then why do they worry about salmonella more than everybody else?
>>
>>7468323
Combination of lifelong food safety propaganda and legitimate issues related to lower safety standards and factory farming.
>>
>>7468808

Lol, typical u.s.a cuck.
>>
>>7468323
>words that have never been spoken since the dawn of mankind

Brava, OP! You sure know how to take things that have never happened, and will never happen, to a new level!
>>
>>7468335
Raw eggs are considered unsafe in the developing world a bit like how they usually don't pork because its "haram".

Raw eggs in developed countries are perfectly safe to eat hence why many dishes call for raw eggs
>>
>>7469638
Nope, raw eggs can contain a variety of bacterial pathogens. Hence why it's illegal to use raw eggs in ready-to-eat products all across the developed world.

"Many dishes call for raw eggs" does not lead to the conclusion "raw eggs are safe to eat". You are a moron.
>>
>>7469638
>raw eggs is just a religious taboo like haram meat
fucking retard
>>
>>7469657
Nobody said that, dumbass
>>
>>7469651
>Nope, raw eggs can contain a variety of bacterial pathogens

Sure. And riding in a motor vehicle can cause a variety of horrible accidents. That doesn't stop us from riding in cars. Why should the relatively small risk of foodborne illness in an egg stop us from eating raw eggs?
>>
>>7468323
We don't vaccinate US chickens against salmonella so it's a potential threat
>>
>>7470002
Why, afraid they'll get autism?
>>
File: drump on audism.png (199KB, 1176x690px) Image search: [Google]
drump on audism.png
199KB, 1176x690px
>>7470009
top fucking kek
>>
>>7469651
So along with cheese, beer, wine and pizza we can now add mayonnaise to the list of products you can't get in America.
>>
>>7468323
Don't Europeans have anything better to do than sit around and hate Americans?
>>
>>7470031
Can't speak for everyone, but you gotta admit that you folks have a lot of very weird rules, especially for a country that takes so much pride in >mu freedom and how you are always prepared to take justice in your own hands with your billions of guns…

That said:
It's also pretty common in Europe to be a bit wary about raw eggs.Normally, if you do something requiren a raw egg, you make sure to get the freshest one, and be really carful to not get any parts of the shell into whatever you are preparing.
>>
>>7469651
>this is what americans actually believe
>>
I had no idea yuros were this stupid, kek
>>
>>7469651
>MUH 1 in 20000 RISK GOYIM ALWAYS OVERCOOK YOUR EGGS TO SULFUR

fuck you soccer mom. daily reminder there's trillions of ~pathogens~ growing on and inside you as I type this and there's not a damn fucking thing you can ever do about it. It's called an immune system, start building one.
>>
>>7470016
I hate my fucking country.
>>
>>7470189
choose between a crook and a crazy man, every single election cycle
>>
>>7470130
If there was a real danger of getting seriously ill from eating undercooked eggs, carbonara would not be nearly as popular as it is. There would be an epidemic in Italy. The risk of contracting salmonella in most civilized countries is as negligeble as with any other food, cooked or uncooked.
>>
They think were stupid
Lfmoa so dumb
>>
File: nigel farage.jpg (7KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
nigel farage.jpg
7KB, 250x238px
Are Europeans the NEW and IMPROVED Australians?
>>
Eggs make me fart.

A lot.
>>
>>7470232
How can something be new and improved?
It can only be one.
>>
>>7468768
What? Why? Aren't eggs permeable enough to let bleach in? The fuck?
>>
>>7470273

I have no idea as to the actual reason, but my guess is that it's because people would sperg out if they saw the little bits of crunk that are often stuck to unwashed raw eggs.

>>let the bleach in
It's probably not literal bleach; but yeah, the eggs are washed with something.
>>
>>7469706
because we're supposed to be trained to drive so accidents dont happen unless someone or other was stupid and we can rest more or less assured because we have faith in each other but when it comes to our immune system we dont have any immediate voluntary control, i mean people traditionally dont choose to get sick on the fly so when someone says x or y could make you sick we tend to stay away from it especially if it's something as commonplace as an egg
>>
>>7470286

Yet motor vehicle injuries are many many times more common than illnesses due to uncooked eggs.

The real reason is that we're used to riding in motor vehicles so despite the fact that it's fairly dangerous it seems normal to us. On the other hand, raw egg dishes aren't very common here, so it's a rarity. We're not used to it. So even though the risk is much lower people tend to flip out about it.
>>
>>7470301
perspectivism, my friend, reality is just an illusion
>>
>>7468323
our masses are retarded and dislike 'dirty' things so our egg companies clean the bloom off the egg making it a potential germ hazard in the egg.
>>
>>7469651
er no if there was any risk we would have widespread illness. Italy and Japan would be absolutely fucked, but oh wait they aren't because its perfectly safe.

In the UK all eggs are cleared of salmonella before being sold, there aren't other risks you fatfuck
>>
>>7470410
United Kuckdom is fat as well, you're the fat man of Europe much like your Murican offspring lol
>>
>>7470410
>In the UK all eggs are cleared of salmonella before being sold
The chickens are vaccinated against salmonella but eggs aren't cleaned or refrigerated in the UK. In fact, you can't legally do that if you want to sell them to the public.
>>
>>7470009
how long before supermarkets stock autistic chickens due to the equality act smdh we need to leave the eu and bring back hanging toot suite
>>
>>7470539
its true

fucking fat people everywhere

t. work in a hospital
>>
>>7470410
>er no if there was any risk we would have widespread illness
Have you ever looked at statistics for foodborne illness? You clearly have not. Also, if eggs are so safe because of the government, how come you are legally required to use pasteurized eggs in commercial food such as mayo? It would actually surprise me if you even knew that you can pasteurize an egg while keeping it liquid.
>>
everything in America is poor quality, what do you expect from a country full of so many fat fucks. They've sold their farms to industries its disgusting. Can't wait til that whole fucked up shithole implodes and the rest of the world can be at peace.
>>
>>7470653
Calm down fatty
>>
>>7470627
The USFDA requires that eggs be washed and kept refrigerated. Washing them reduces the structural integrity of the shell and makes them more porous, and if you chill an egg and then allow it to heat up to room temperature condensation will form on it which can then allow the liquid and anything in the air to be absorbed through the shell.

American eggs are therefore safe as long as you keep them chilled, or don't but pasteurise them before use and tell people not to eat raw eggs.
>>
File: 500_sukiyaki egg.jpg (14KB, 280x168px) Image search: [Google]
500_sukiyaki egg.jpg
14KB, 280x168px
Raw eggs in Japan, all good.
Raw eggs in USA, better buy pasteurized.
>>
>>7470653
>Can't wait til that whole fucked up shithole implodes and the rest of the world can be at peace.

Peace is the last thing that happens when a hegemony ends.
>>
I'm in the US, and when I eat eggs it's mostly over medium or sunny side up. I've been doing this for my entire life, and neither I nor my parents have ever bought pasteurized eggs. Occasionally I even eat fully raw egg preparations rather than just "undercooked". I have never gotten salmonella.

The risk is seriously exaggerated.
>>
>>7470627
Do Americans believe this? Who cares about mayonnaise etc, that isn't an egg, it's an egg product.

Americans don't like to eat those eggs raw cos dey got dat salmoan ella gon be sick.

This isn't the case in countries which are developed.
>>
you know when there's sometimes poop on the egg shell?

sometimes when i'm lazy i just put the egg into the same water as my pasta or potatoes when im making food
>>
>yuroucks
>britcucks

kek

KEK

K E K
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.