[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do with a LOT of garlic ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: white-garlic-45.jpg (132KB, 1187x830px) Image search: [Google]
white-garlic-45.jpg
132KB, 1187x830px
What should I do with a LOT of garlic ?
>>
Hunt vampires
>>
make a garlic fort
>>
Roast it then spread it on your gfs buttcrack
>>
Make garlic-centric dishes (Chicken with Forty Cloves of Garlic).

Roast a few heads and spread it on bread whenever you want a snack.

Pickle it.

Make garlic oil.

Walk around with a few cloves in your pockets at all times, and occasionally tell strangers to close their eyes, hold their noses, and try to identify the food you're putting in their mouths. Then you pop a clove of garlic in their mouth and watch as they try to figure out what they're chewing on.
>>
garlic war
>>
File: girls-road-trip.jpg (59KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
girls-road-trip.jpg
59KB, 600x399px
>>7454212
why do you have this abundance of garlic anon?
>>
>>7454223
Where the fuck do you live where people will let strange autists stick food in their mouths with their eyes closed?
You're fucked buddy.
>>
Try bagna cauda, you just won't stop.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/bagna-cauda-2827

Cook it very slow and eat it by dipping vegetables like celery, raw peppers etc.
>>
>>7454246

If you're wearing chef whites people tend to trust you with food; it's amazing really.
>>
>>7454212
Garlic salad, just add a couple heaping tablespoons of mayo and a few capfuls of vinegar. Stir to combine.
>>
File: 1376893103260.jpg (623KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1376893103260.jpg
623KB, 1920x1080px
>>7454251
>Walking around in chef whites
>Popping garlic in peoples mouths
>>
>>7454212
Acquire a fermentation box and make black garlic. Sell it to yuppies at farmers markets at an insanely high mark up. Or sell it to restaurants.
>>
Take a few heads of garlic.

Chop off the hairy bit and the top and remove only the layer on the very outside.

Place each one individually in aluminium foil, over in about 1-2 tbspoons olive oil, salt and pepper and wrap.

Place on baking tray in oven at 200*C for about 30 mins or more, you want them to look roasted and be completely soft to the touch (you should be able to squash them with a light pinch).

Toast bread.

Take individual cloves and squeeze the contents on the toast and spread, or just grab the heads of garlic and eat them straight like a filthy ass mofo.

Cooking them like this kills the smell for some reason. They end up tasting ridiculously sweet
>>
>>7454256
>>7454251
>>7454246
he's joking guys
>>
>>7454212
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/150654/thick-style-lebanese-garlic-sauce/

This, times a lot.

Then start putting it on everything. Burgers, make some gyros, dip some vegetables in it, put it on saffron rice, rub it on your nipples, top steaks with it, have it with your tendies, dip fries in it...

You get the gist.
>>
>>7454212
Sopa de ajo
>>
>>7454212
Chicken and 40 cloves.

Tons of roasted garlic for a spread.
>>
>>7454370
I was expecting an actual recipe. That's just minced garlic with olive oil and lemon juice.
>>
>>7454465
How complicated do you want to make it? Simple is best, man.
>>
>>7454223
>Pickle it.
This.

Pickled garlic with hot peppers is awesome.
>>
>>7454519
You are right. I regret my previous comment.
>>
>>7454465
You are hitting it with an immersion blender. It comes out almost paste like.
>>
Caraway mutton (or goat; lamb if you're a pussy) in garlic sauce.

Roast/braise 500g of garlic until golden, soft and mashable then set aside to cool. Alternately, you can steam it, but then you need to caramelise the paste in the pot and that can be a pain in the dickhole.

Wet 400-500g/1lb of boneless pieces of mutton in 2-4tbsp of buttermilk or whey then drip dry of excess liquid and toss with some tenderiser powder and salt; set aside.

Powder 4tbsp of caraway seeds and mix with 2tbsp of berbere or whatever brand of curry powder you like (I like Indian Head) then use it to coat the mutton and set aside to dry marinate, at least 30 minutes (up to overnight for particularly tough cuts of mutton). If you want, you can add some powdered chilli, as well. I powdere a single green lantern chilli and add that because it's supposed to have the heat equivalence of about six regular chillies (cayenne peppers for USicans) and I like its sweet and smoky flavour.

Heat some butter in a pot; meanwhile, finely crush 2-3 whole, peeled, plum-shaped tomatoes of any variety in your hands. Or grate them. That works, too.

Add the tomatoes to the butter as well as some minced chillies (to taste) and a fingerslength of matchsticked ginger and let do its thing a bit.

Add the mutton to the pot and sauté until coloured, but not cooked through; meanwhile, mash the garlic into paste.

Stir in the garlic paste and a bit of water, if necessary to cover the meat complete and set to high heat.

When it starts to bubble, lower the heat to maintain a bare simmer.

Allow to cook, relatively undisturbed, until the liquid is reduced considerably and the meat is very tender.

Off the heat and stir in some fresh chopped garlic chives and serve with several vegetable-based dishes and any soft flatbread. Injera is a nice choice. Alternately, it's nice served on top of caraway carrot pilaf (ask for recipe, if interested) with tomato salad.
>>
File: garlic.jpg (377KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
garlic.jpg
377KB, 1920x1080px
>>7454212
garlic bread
>>
File: garlic flowers.jpg (486KB, 2032x1990px) Image search: [Google]
garlic flowers.jpg
486KB, 2032x1990px
>>7454212
Grow some as plants -the flowers look quite nice. Onions too.
>>
>>7454360
I do that with my cock though
>>
Bury them in a field 5 feet apart from each other and grow a garlic forest
>>
>>7454253
jej
>>
Make garlic confit.
>>
>>7454617
They do look neat. I had some garlic that I didn't plant start growing in my garden. God damn squirrels burying shit in my planter.
>>
>>7454223
>Make garlic oil.
Enjoy your botulism.
>>
>>7454617
You can eat those flowers and use them as garnish, right?
>>
>>7454256
> not wanting to happen upon a wandering chef while out walking
> not trusting him to feed you some spectacular surprise
> not savoring a nicely roasted clove of garlic with your eyes closed
> not opening your eyes to find he's disappeared as if by magic while the garlic flavor lingers pleasantly
> not enjoying a moment of whimsy

It's like you hate living.
>>
>>7454994

I bet you're also afraid of alfalfa sprouts.
>>
>>7455029
Incredibly so.
>>
>>7455020

You've somehow managed to make it sound even more creepy than it actually is.
>>
>>7455032

Fucking millennials.
>>
>>7454223

>dude weed lmao
>>
try and beat my record of 16 bulbs

straight up your ass
>>
>>7454212
I use so much garlic. Garlic is life.
>>
>>7454253
>Mayo

Flyover plz go
>>
>>7455720
Babby boomer detected
>>
File: 7177934.jpg (10KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
7177934.jpg
10KB, 275x200px
>>7454223
What the fuck

>Walk around with garlic at all time
>pop cloves of garlic in strangers mouths
>>
File: 1445233633835.jpg (95KB, 753x857px) Image search: [Google]
1445233633835.jpg
95KB, 753x857px
>>7454223
?
>>
>>7454276
This is pretty much what you should be doing. Put a very thinly shaved piece of pear over the garlic and top with mozzarella. Broil it until the cheese is bubbling and brown.
>>
>>7454223

This right here, is the essence of culinary autism.

What the fuck did I just read?
>>
File: garlic-butter-fries.jpg (46KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
garlic-butter-fries.jpg
46KB, 450x450px
>>7454212
Make several hundred pounds of garlic butter fries.
>>
>>7457164
>I keep pictures of black men on my hard drive.
>>
>>7456336
Babby made a boom boom?
>>
>>7456321
Garlic IS life

Also op make delicious garlicky hummus
>>
>>7454223
>Make garlic-centric dishes (Chicken with Forty Cloves of Garlic).
Good Idea.
>Roast a few heads and spread it on bread whenever you want a snack.
Sounds nice.
>Pickle it.
Pickled Garlic is great.
>Make garlic oil.
Yeah why not.
>Walk around with a few cloves in your pockets at all times, and occasionally tell strangers to close their eyes, hold their noses, and try to identify the food you're putting in their mouths. Then you pop a clove of garlic in their mouth and watch as they try to figure out what they're chewing on.
What the fuck.
>>
>>7455002
Yeah, I use them to top veg/salad dishes regularly
>>
Brine/marinate
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.