[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pasta Dough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: pasta dough.jpg (608KB, 806x617px) Image search: [Google]
pasta dough.jpg
608KB, 806x617px
Hey, does anyone have a nice simple pasta dough recipe that would use AP flour?

I know I should semolina or 00 but whatever, I have AP and am not gonna go buy extra flour until I get it down.

I have a pasta roller for when i get the dough made, but no stand mixer. So this dough I'll be making by hand or i could use a hand mixer (like the 2 beaters you plug into the drill)

So any one have suggestions!?
>>
>>7449069
Water oil flour yeast baKing powder salt
>>
>>7449075
Sorry could you be a bit more specific? I'm gonna be trying this tomorrow and I never done it before.

Links or your own stab at measurements would be appreciated!
>>
2 Cups Flour
3-4 large eggs (about 2/3rds cup)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon oil
Mix.

It makes about a pound of dough.
>>
>>7449113
If I made this tonight, could I wrap it tight in wrap and pop it in the fridge till tomorrow? I know I'll have to let it sit out to get to room temp before I run it through the machine and cut, I just want to know if I can make the dough tonight ahead of time.

Thanks for the numbers!
>>
>>7449075
>baking powder
what
>>
>>7449142
Yeah, it should last until tomorrow.

That recipe's dough lasts about 24 hours refrigerated.
>>
>>7449211
Or baKing soda either or
>>
>>7449275
why are you putting any leavening agent in pasta dough
>>
100 grams of flour
1 egg

/thread
>>
>>7449142
it's better to make it the day before you roll it out.. the dough need time to relax after the kneading...
>>
>>7449142
The yeast will rise
>>
>>7450769

truth
>>
>>7449310
I want to know why he keeps capitalizing just the 'k's.
>>
>>7449310
I'm not that anon, but i know that ramen requires a high alkaline. A substitute for Kansui is baked soda, (baked baking soda). Meme food aside, I'm not a baker, so I couldn't add more to the discussion.

>>7449075
Baking requires ratios, and I think that is what OP was getting at.
>>7449113
Nice.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY6mKVieHZc
i recommend subscribing, i get quite a few ideas from townsend and sons.
>>
>>7450769

This is exactly what I do and its scalable.

200 grams
2 eggs

But I add a pinch of salt

Also, its super duper easy to do it in a small cuisinart mixer.

Pasta dough mixed in mere seconds.

Just weigh the flour, you cannot guess with volume measurements.
>>
2 eggs
2 cups of flour
or
3 eggs
3 cups of flour
depending on how much you want

a small pinch of salt
a tablespoon or so of olive oil
tepid water

make a bowl out of the flour
put the rest of the ingredients in the center (eggs, oil, salt)
beat the eggs with a fork and mix them
pour your water into the center, the amount varies, try ~3 tablespoons or so to start and with practice you'll just sort of know how much to add
continue to mix with the fork, slowly breaking down the wall of flour and incorporating it as you go
once it's too annoying to mix by fork, start kneading by hand and incorporating excess flour by hand
if it's too dry, dampen your hands with a few drops of water at a time
if it's too wet, flour your hands/the board as needed
note that it's easier to work with wet dough than it is dry dough
knead for 5-10 minutes
let it rest, covered with cloth for at least 15 minutes before you start rolling it out

the fresher the flour, the easier everything is to incorporate
the same goes for eggs, but to a lesser degree
anyone talking about adding yeast or baking powder to pasta dough is a troll
>>
>>7457240

Cup is not a measurement for flour.

Its a liquid measure, for flour you have to go by weight.

1 Cup is not 100 Grams.

Measure out 1 cup of flour 5 separate times.

Then weigh those 5 'cups' they will NOT be 100 grams each.
>>
>>7457244
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uevI4-j-6A
>>
>>7457244
don't care

hardly anyone keeps a scale in their kitchen

measurements are less important here when you end up going by feeling anyway in regards to how much water you should add

suck my cock, fag
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.