[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Immersion blender or blender blender?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

Immersion blender or blender blender?
>>
>>7436858
Blender blender
>>
>>7436858
Depends what you want to use it for I guess, I have both because I use both. I use my immersion blender on soups and purees all the time which sucks to do with a blender
>>
A blender can do soups and crush ice. Immersion can only do one.
>>
>>7437133
My immersion blender has a grinder attachment.
>>
>>7437133
>Not having both

Blending soup fucking sucks with a normal blender. Takes so long
>>
>>7436858
If I could only have one I'd probably go with he immersion blender.
>>
>>7437221
What do you mean? It takes me ten seconds. Then another twenty seconds to clean.
>>
Fair warning: If you ever want to blend a cactus, buy a throwaway blender.
>>
>>7436858
Immersion blender so you can use it to make soap.
>>
>>7437221

it takes far longer with an immersion blender dude.
>>
>>7436858
I've had that guy in my cart for a while.
I'm pretty sold on the vitamix
>>
both have their purposes. the good thing about using a stick blender is you can work the soup right in the pot instead of pureeing in batches or waiting for said soup to cool down first. they're also good for things like whipping cream and beating eggs in a pinch. stick blenders are relatively cheap so you can easily have both types.
>>
I use them for different things...
>>
File: Vitamix.jpg (259KB, 1500x1441px) Image search: [Google]
Vitamix.jpg
259KB, 1500x1441px
>>7436858
Blender blender. Immersion blenders are under-powered, and not as versatile. Don't waste your money.
Go Vitamix or bust.
>>
whats a good immersion blender to buy?
>>
Both are good for different things, but the immersion blender is more versatile and definitely gets more use in my house.
>>
>>7437748
>>7437790

Fuck vitamix. Their jars/blades can't stay together. Google it--there have been multiple recalls on them.

Blendtec does not have this problem.
>>
>>7437756
this. There are pros and cons to both.

I like the fact that an immersion blender can be used directly in the pot, it's very convenient. Alas it cannot produce anywhere near as fine a texture as a proper blender can. Different tools for different jobs.
>>
File: 597-d-pm-400.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
597-d-pm-400.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>7437790
>Immersion blenders are under-powered

Not all of them are, anon. Just as your recommended blender (Vitamix) is powerful because it's a commercial model, there exist equally powerful commercial immersion blenders.
>>
>>7438245

>you will never own your own robot coupe immersion blender
>>
>>7438245
>shills for immersion blender
>posts pic of cement mixer
>>
I immersion blended a few cans of tomatoes for soup last week. Took me a couple minutes, then I pulled the beater end off, swished it in the dish water and rinsed it. Never get away with that with a full blender.
>>
>>7438451

This.

You simply can't beat the convenience of an immersion blender.

I don't think there's anything I do that I actually even need a blender blender for.
>>
>>7438451

yes you do.

immersion blenders are good for dispersing stuff but not good for pulverising them. they serve different purposes. but for my money i would vastly prefer a good pitcher blender
>>
Immersion blender and food processor

Blender blenders are worthless unless you have a bunch of middle aged women around that need to have margaritas and daquiris
>>
>>7438490

>Blender blenders are worthless

confirmed for not a real cook

they're one of the most useful tools in the kitchen

it's like none of you even know about fucking shear
>>
>>7438451
In 2 minutes I could pour the cans into the jug blender, blend them, and wash the jug.
>>
>>7438599

And it would be more work with zero added benefit.
>>
>>7438605

no it wouldn't

it's clearly more work to immersion blend
>>
>>7438605
>more work
Have I gone fucking mad? Why's everyone in this thread going on about how hard it is to pour stuff in a blender and wash the jug?

Everything you're ever going to put in a jug blender washes out with just 1 rinse of water. It literally takes 15 seconds. And I don't think holding a jug under a tap for 15 seconds constitutes a lot of work. Americans are so lazy
>>
>>7438615

>americans are so lazy

Where the fuck did that come from?

Way to shitpost.
>>
>>7438621
Need to add something controversial to get replies. No offence mate, it's just how this board works.
>>
>>7438605

>zero added benefit

you clearly know nothing about blenders
>>
>>7436858
Immersion blender all the way, nothing better for soups.
>>
>>7438634

I use an immersion blender on around 10 gallons of tomato/pomodoro sauce a week. What don't I know?
>>
>>7438644

that it's drastically inferior at blending things to a jug blender
>>
>>7438639

Nah, it doesn't get as fine a texture as a proper blender does. It is certainly easier though.
>>
File: stabmix_aufsatz22.jpg (19KB, 700x487px) Image search: [Google]
stabmix_aufsatz22.jpg
19KB, 700x487px
I'd probably get a mixer with an immersion blender attachment if I were you.
>>
>>7438644
>What don't I know?

How well they work for other applications, like crushing ice, making nut butters, making smooth sauces, and so on.
>>
>ITT: You faggots will argue about anything.
>>
>>7438769
Why are you greentexting
>>
>>7438769

Go back to your fast food threads.
>>
>750w immersion blender
>does everything under 10 seconds
>additional shit for chopping vegies or making Pb
>just 200pln/55$
What else do you need?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.