[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way to make sloppy joes taste good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: sloppy_meryl.png (707KB, 595x595px) Image search: [Google]
sloppy_meryl.png
707KB, 595x595px
Is there any way to make sloppy joes taste good?
>>
Don't use Manwich
>>
>>7436181
I can think of no way to make the combination of sugary BBQ sauce and ground beef appealing, though my six year old self would have disagreed.
>>
>>7436181
If you even need to ask this you don't belong here.
>>
>>7436181
Make your own sauce, don't use canned shit.
>>
>>7436181
Big Mac
>>
>>7436181
Sloppy joes are for people that cant afford pulled pork sandwiches
>>
make sure you use free range slop and organic joe
>>
Don't eat breakfast and get really really hungry.
Also, add sharp cheddar cheese, makes it absolutely irresistable
>>
Put cumin in it.

Sorry, I meant "cum in it".
>>
>>7436243
>add sharp cheddar cheese
listen to this person
>>
>>7436181
BBQ sauce is in general disgusting, so you're out of luck. Get a regular burguer or something
>>
>>7436243
>>7436367
In fact, just leave out the sloppy joe and add more sharp cheddar.

Actually, just eat the cheddar.
>>
ketchup and mustard instead of whatever else
>>
>>7436181
Hot tamales will never be good.
>>
Americans are so fucking disgusting
>>
>>7436181
don't used canned garbage.

sauce:
>organic heinz
>splash of vinegar
>salt and pepper
>chili powder

chop up some onion and green bell pepper with your meat. shits good. don't forget the chili powder. I use ancho. I also mix a lil sriracha in there.
>>
File: Image_Heinz57Sauce_100th.jpg (839KB, 1140x3186px) Image search: [Google]
Image_Heinz57Sauce_100th.jpg
839KB, 1140x3186px
>>7436181

Heinz 57 is your friend here. If you absolutely need to use canned sauce, 57 on both sides of the bun can give it actual flavor.
>>
>>7436901
By the way, you put the sauce in with the meat and let it cook for a couple minutes. to achieve le perfect sloppy flavor.
>>
You should have a 1:1 beef to diced onion ratio.
>>
My "sloppy joe" is the following

1lb 85-90% lean ground beef
1/2 red onion small dice
1 med carrot
1 red bell pepper
ketchup
Worcestershire
salt
brown sugar
Apple Cider Vinegar
fresh cracked black pepper

Brown ground beef (As in brown, not "not pink")
Add in chopped veggies and cook on med-high heat stirring frequently until carrots are tender
Add 3T Ketchup, 1T worcestershire, 2t brown sugar, 1T Apple Cider Vinegar and salt/pepper to taste, then cook on low for 4-5 minutes or until starting to bubble/boil.
Turn off burner and let mixture sit for 5 more minutes stirring once or twice.

serve hot on toasted buns with the other half of onion sliced, maybe pickles.

I know it's heresy to put veggies in sloppy joe but you can stretch your ground beef and get one or two more sandwiches out of the recipe which saves money and it's really tasty and adds some nutrients to an otherwise devoid dish.

If you wanna make it fucking awesome, make some home-made coleslaw and put a heaping pile on your sandwich for that "Holy fuck why don't I just put everything on sloppy joes" taste.
>>
>>7436181
Why is everyone referencing the BBQ sloppy joe?

The straight tomato based variety was always superior

To make it better you could add cheese like the other anon said, maybe an herb of some sort, but really just get some good sides like tots, slaw, etc
>>
>How can I improve on the hamburger?
>I know, I'll grind the meat into a wet paste instead of frying it in one piece!
>I also need a name that will remind people of a redneck's bowel movement...
>Ah yes, 'sloppy joe'! Perfect!

American ''''''''''''''logic'''''''''''''' everyone
>>
>>7437115
woops. forgot to add the brown sugar in my post. never tried worcestershire for some reason, ill probably do that next time.
>>
File: 32656578.jpg (395KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
32656578.jpg
395KB, 2048x1536px
I learned from Chef John.

http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2010/03/sloppy-joes-recipe-video.html

I use tomato sauce rather than ketchup and honey in lieu of brown sugar
>>
>>7437175
>and honey in lieu of brown sugar

I don't know about that one senpai. can I ask why?
>>
File: an-ode-to-the-chip-butty_1.jpg (36KB, 705x397px) Image search: [Google]
an-ode-to-the-chip-butty_1.jpg
36KB, 705x397px
>>7437135
>Making a starch sandwich

Brit """""""logic"""""" everyone
>>
>>7436181
Its ground beef with sauce on a hamburger bun.

If you can't make that taste good then you're a bit hopeless. Both of those elements already taste good on their own, and its basically a hamburger. It shouldn't be that hard, just make everything by scratch and make it how you like it. Use decent beef, nothing fatty, and put some effort into the sauce.
>>
>>7437183
One of these is an /int/-tier regional poverty meme food and the other is an actual nation-wide delicacy
>>
>>7437189
actually they are both prison tier but at least there's some meat on a sloppy joe
>>
>>7437182
I don't like sweets but i fall for the sugar neutralizes the acidity in tomato sauce
>>
>>7437183
Nothing wrong with a chip sandwich, potatoes have all the nutrients to keep you alive and are one of the best calorie per growing space around.
>>
>>7436945
>>7436901
this
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.