[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst vegetable.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: Celery_1.jpg (1MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
Celery_1.jpg
1MB, 2272x1704px
Worst vegetable.
>>
Does celery actually have any culinary uses besides mirepoix and anorexics pretending to "finally be healthy"?
>>
>computer load up celery man
>>
Worst thread
>>
eh peanut butter and celery is pretty good
>>
I just use it as a vehicle for ranch. I'm under no illusions of it being healthy.
>>
>>7430888
Celery tastes good. Chopped celery is a typical addition to soups, stews and roasts. Sliced at an angle, it makes a nice stir-fry vegetable. It is also tasty when served raw, cut into convenient strips and served with dip.

If you want to know more about celery, consult your local library.
>>
>>7430878
I've never liked the stuff, especially raw. At best, it's tolerable when in soups or stir-fry.
>>
Only good when simmered or slow cooked beyond recognition
>>
>>7430878
I despise the stuff raw but in soups, mirepoix and sauces it's fine.
>>
>>7430878
I used to hate Celery,then I went to College and ate a ton of shit that was fucking terrible. Now I can't get enough. Braised Celery is the best.
>>
I like celery in soup and the leafs add good flavor, but I think its not a vegetable I want in my fridge at all times. There are plenty better.
>>
I love celery, the taste and texture are fantastic. I usually eat it with onion or ranch dip, or chopped up with some onion in tuna salad, but if it's just sitting around I'll gladly eat it plain.
>>
>>7430878

Celery is my nemesis as well, op. I might actually prefer to eat a raw potato.
>>
>>7430891

underrated
>>
>>7431333
Raw sweet potatoes aren't bad
>>
File: colonel_klink.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
colonel_klink.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
>not wanting to give a nice crunch to your egg, tuna, or chicken salads
>>
File: 1449105857252.png (444KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449105857252.png
444KB, 800x600px
>>7431397
>eating egg, tuna, or chicken salad
>>
You fucking people are hopeless. Just sell your pots and collect mcdonalds coupons.
>>
>>7430891
kek
>>
Cilantro thread?
Cilantro thread.
>>
>>7430919
>Celery tastes good
I don't think a shitload of people would agree with you on that there hot opinion fampai
>>
I never liked cauliflowers. I mean, why bother when you have superior broccoli?

Also celery/cilantro/parsley/coriander is shit.
>>
>>7432519
>implying /ck/ actually owns any pots or even cooks
>>
>>7430878
Kill yourself, my man
>>
>>7432673

Because roasted broccoli is shit compared to roasted cauliflower. Also cauliflower is great with cumin or in curries
>>
>>7430878
literally just use it as part of mirepoix and still get all those load gains
>>
I've been making a smoothie recently with a kiwi, a banana, apple juice, some greek yoghurt, and some celery.

The pepperiness of the celery is great with the kiwi flavour.
>>
I can't get past the stringyness of it raw. Its just so absolutely revolting. Same thing with bamboo. Some plants we just shouldn't eat
>>
>>7430878
>Someone canĀ“t do a proper fond
>>
>>7430878
personally i enjoy eating celery, it has a statisfying crunch to it that makes me happy.

its a good filler food for if you're hungry but trying to lose weight. pretty good at filling your stomach with little calories. 3-4 stalks and you're good to go. if only my wife would eat it instead of hot cheetos she wouldnt be so fat :(
>>
>>7430878
I'd say it is one of the most important parts of soups and stews.
>>
>>7430878
It's one of the most essential ingredients in a good tuna salad as well as being really good in stews and pot roasts. It's also a nice diet food but outside of those few things yeah it's pretty mediocre overall.
>>
Who sells celery two stalks at a time?
And with that much bush?! Fuck.
>>
okra is pretty shit
>>
>>7433278
>he doesn't dry the leaves in his food dehydrator
>>
>>7432582
i agree with sinpai, celery is tasty

I use it is roasts like he said and of course gotta have celery with your wings
>>
>>7430888
Good celery that isn't nearly white and has a darker green has an excellent flavor.
>>
>>7430891
Can I get a printout of "oyster smiling"?
>>
That's not kale
>>
File: Artischocke-201020039798.jpg (100KB, 700x628px) Image search: [Google]
Artischocke-201020039798.jpg
100KB, 700x628px
>>7433282
You can deep fry cauliflower, it tastes quite good. Pic related however I can't stand.
>>
>>7433915
Agreed, Artichoke is a meme vegetable. I mean only 10 percent of the damn thing is edible what a fucking joke.
>>
>>7433915
>>7433922
As someone who adores artichoke in everything because of how fleshy and good it is

I will agree that it is a meme and that I tried to prepare it a single time and it took nearly 2 hours to boil? And it was still shit?
>>
File: cabbage.jpg (244KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
cabbage.jpg
244KB, 2048x2048px
I'm happy you guys aren't shitting on this veggie
>>
>>7433928
2 hours? I think you over cooked it.
>>
>>7433936
Literal poverty food
>>
>>7433936
I'm cool with cabbage for the most part, except for it making my apartment smell like shit for a week.
>>
File: cardi o cardoni freschi.jpg (182KB, 1600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
cardi o cardoni freschi.jpg
182KB, 1600x1063px
>>7433922
Do you have long-type artichokes where you live? There's little of them that isn't edible. You cut about a half cm down from the tip of the lowest petals, scoop out the choke and the rest is edible. That simple.
Round ones like the one in >>7433915 are good only to dip in mayonnaise or oil and scrap along your teeth then argue over who gets the heart.

There's also cardone, which looks like celery fucked an artichoke. The ribs are prickly and need to be peeled, but once you do that, the whole thing is edible and tastes of artichoke.
>>
>>7433959
>good only to dip in mayonnaise or oil and scrap along your teeth then argue over who gets the heart.

Fuck, this was my childhood. My mom and I used to do this while watching movies and we'd just split the heart in half. I'm sad now you fucker.
>>
>>7433968
My childhood, too. We split the heart, too, but we would joke about who'd get the bigger piece.
One of the things a fondue set is good for is keeping round artichokes warm while you eat it and watch TV.
>>
>>7433922

you fuckers don't even know what "meme" means anymore.
>>
File: 1.jpg (162KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
162KB, 1500x1500px
ICEBERG FUCKING LETTUCE

Won't even use it for salads.
>>
>>7434342

Dank Imbroglio, Meme Chaplain.
>>
>>7434342
You really need to get banned for posting that same shitty macro image in every fucking thread.
>>
>>7434362
This.
>>
>>7431397
thats what pickles are for
>>
>>7434339
Has good crunch good on burgers
>>
>>7430878
leeksspin.com
nigger get on my level, shits CASH
>>
>>7432582
>>7430919
>tastes good
I actually used to like celery but now whenever I eat it raw it tastes intensely bitter and I can't help but recoil from the terrible taste. Shit sucks fambo
>>
>>7430878
if you get good fresh celery, it is very crisp and tastes great. i like to eat it with hummus
>>
>>7433406
For what purpose.
>>
>>7436248
Celery is in the same family as parsley and cilantro. Throwing away the leaves is a waste of herbs.
>>
i enjoy everything posted so far, raw.
i do dislike almost all fruits and only drink them via juice thouugh so theres that
>>
>>7437596
except parsley and cilantro are ass
>>
File: fucked up cucumbers.jpg (252KB, 598x398px) Image search: [Google]
fucked up cucumbers.jpg
252KB, 598x398px
God made a mistake.
>>
>>7439856
I dunno. I kinda like bittermelons. I wouldn't eat it raw though. Good for soups.
>>
>>7430878

I'm probably gonna get some flak for this, but I cannot stand shiitake mushrooms.
>>
File: celeriac-celery-root-250px.jpg (71KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
celeriac-celery-root-250px.jpg
71KB, 250x249px
I've always preferred the celery root in cooking: firmer crispier so doesn't go "mushy" in soups, STRONG celery flavor good chopped raw in salads, PERFECT in with a beef roast
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.