[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pâtés and Wine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: asdasdasda.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasda.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
So, I have these 3 babies my aunt brought from France and I wanna eat them with a few friends, but I dont really know what sort of wine would go best with each one or if they all ask for different wines.

Any reccomendaditons? Preferably not very expensive stuff, and general description instead of specific brands (Eg: A Malbec with a strong wood after-taste).
>>
A sweet white with the foie gras. Sauternes is a classic but rather pricey, a Riesling might be nice but be aware that really good sweet Rieslings aren't exactly cheap either. Rillette is sometimes rather salty and doesn't go too well with a sweet wine, I'd go with a half dry white for that.
>>
>>7424394
I don't mean to piss on your parade but these are from a can, it's not haute cuisine.
>>
File: babeth.png (593KB, 801x1225px) Image search: [Google]
babeth.png
593KB, 801x1225px
>>7424473
>>
>>7424448
>>7424484
Ahhh, good tips. I will look into finding wines that match.

>>7424473
I know. But it's something.
>>
>>7424394
all of meats will be somewhat salty and fatty. >>7424448
is right that a sweet classic wine would be best with the foie, which you should treat as a different animal. Sauternes is great, but there are other dessert wines that you could go with. A bit cheaper would be an Auslese, Spatlese or Eiswein. These are are German but you could also get a Canadian Ice Wine, but I would stick to looking at the Auslese or Spatlese if price is a concern. Tokaj is another option but it's a bit more intensely flavoured so it might be wise to skip it this time around.

For the others, you want something high in acid with some flavour to stand up to the strong tastes. For this I'd say Chenin Blanc (Vouvray), or a Pinot Noir from a cold region, Niagara or France (or Germany) served a little chilled. Sancerre is wicked choice, as is normal french Sauvingnon Blanc. Even an unoaked Chardonnay, not American.. never American.

Sincerely,

a guy who browses 4chan and is certed in wine from a couple international organisations
>>
>>7424522
also, from >>7424448, plain ol (Not Auslese or Spatlese) German Riesling is a safe bet too.
>>
>>7424522
Nice. I will look it up. I am trying to keep the prce of the bottle under 60r$. I am sure one of those will fit the bill.
>>
>>7424532
yeah theres no reason to spend that much on wine. Champagne is also a classic foie paring. Auslese and Spatlese are really on the cheap side. For my money get a Vouvray or Sancerre for the salty and an Auslese. This should run you about 40 bucks,
>>
>>7424547
I said R$. Meaning brazilian money. 60R$ is not that much, about 20us$. But will look into those sugestions.
>>
File: Captcha.jpg (90KB, 1040x793px) Image search: [Google]
Captcha.jpg
90KB, 1040x793px
>>7424547
I say this because Spatlese, Vouvray and Sancerre are very specific things with protected names. So theres no crazy rogue version. Also, Sauterns is amazing.

Just saw your updated post. So now we're in south america.

You could go with a Late Harvest Torrontés and a Cava. Some great Chenin Blanc and Muscat/Muscato come out of south america as well. Brazil specifically makes sparkling muscat which would be a home run with your foie.

Also also, look at this fucking captcha.
>>
>>7424593
I meant to quote
>>7424569

Also, a good bottle of sparkling could go with the whole meal, at home I wouldnt open multiple bottles for some rillette or something small, maybe a dinner party or something where you need wine for several people.
>>
>>7424593
>>7424598
That is one disgusting captcha.

Thanks for the South America specific tips. I was worried about how hard it would be to find European wines with good prices. The Chilean and Argentinean ones are much more reasonable,with prices almost the same as the Brazilian ones.

I may just buy some extra stuff to go along with the Pâtés too. Any cheeses that go well with the sweeter wines of the Foie Gras?
>>
>>7424634
you have such a variety of food already just go for whatever. Cave aged cheese is nice and I believe local.
>>
>>7424686
ah sorry you said foie. something saltier and rich, like a blue cheese, but ya know, local.
>>
>>7424693
high fat and full flavour
>>
>>7424699
My father makes a sick gorgonzola paste with garlic and ricotta. Maybe I will ask him for some.

But I will also look for cheeses to eat pure with the wine.

Thanks for the tips.
>>
>>7424724
No worries, I hope everything worked out!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.