[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Dairy Queen food any good? There are some around here and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: dairyqueen1_1.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
dairyqueen1_1.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
Is Dairy Queen food any good? There are some around here and I hear conflicting opinions. Some folk hold it as high up as Whataburger and think it's great fast food. But many people say it's terrible and if I eat it I'll get exploding diarrhoea. What's good to get if I go later? Looks like they sell burgers, hot dogs, finger baskets, tacos, nachos, chicken, and desserts.
>>
Chicken strip basket. The gravy is great. Have pretty good burgers as well.
>>
>>7424259
Like any place it depends on the people working there.
Last time I went the food was perfectly fine. Definitely closer to a Whataburger or Hardee's than a McDonald's or Jack in the Box. They are also incredibly fast, at leas the one near me.
>>
>>7424259
Dairy Queen has bomb burgers

Haven't had it in probably like 8 years tho so I don't know if it's the same quality
>>
>>7424259
DQ is the fast food place with the most discrepancy in quality between locations.

The one in my town is okay. They're not that fast, food isn't as good as it could be and they generally don't fuck shit up.

The one 30 minutes away has better food but they're slower.

The very best DQs are in the country, in my experience. Best one I had was driving from Houston to Austin, but can't remember where it was, just somewhere along 290.

I love their steak tendies. Their gravy is decent, but I add pepper to it.

Their burgers, when made well, are almost as good as Whataburger and definitely on par with Hardees/Carls Jr.
>>
>>7424283

This. The chicken strip basket with the gravy is God Tier fast food.

Other than, it's hit and miss. I'm not a huge fan of the burgers. Hot dogs are alright.
>>
>>7424259
I used to go to one because it was close to my school
It is honestly really fucking bland food.
The fries don't have any taste to them. The burgers are nice looking but nothing to write home about.
Only go there for the ice cream or drinks.
>>
>>7424259
It's great food. It actually tastes like it has been grilled.
>>
OP here, I've been told to try the steak or chicken finger baskets but I ate homemade steak fingers for lunch so I'll probably get a burger. Are there any meme burgers to order or avoid or should I get a basic bacon cheeseburger? Are the fries good? How are the tacos? They always advertise them here and I think it's strange.
>>
>>7424320
I always used to get a bacon cheeseburger. It was really good. Can't vouch for anything else
>>
File: 1266112605272.jpg (59KB, 357x402px) Image search: [Google]
1266112605272.jpg
59KB, 357x402px
>>7424259
I want the fast food shills to leave.
>>
>>7424259
The fries are 'meh' but the burgers are pretty good. Also, their ice cream selection is tits.
>>
>>7424259
I used to work at a dairy queen. They would have us cook up batches of frozen burger patties before lunch and dinner and put them in heating trays. Every single burger was "boosted" (microwaved) after it was assembled. They used powdered gravy and a large batch was made each morning. The chicken strip basket is pretty good, but I'd skip the burgers.
>>
File: dq-menu-cakes_round_02.png (788KB, 940x605px) Image search: [Google]
dq-menu-cakes_round_02.png
788KB, 940x605px
>>7424259
peanut parfait and chicken strip basket.

also their ice cream cakes if yr feeling whitetrash.
>>
what's up with DQ's signage. some say Brazier....others don't. what's the deal?
>>
Fried chicken, sawmill gravy, texas toast, fries, all for around 6 bucks.

Best thing on the menu.
>>
>>7424283
I'm 90% sure that the tendies are just sysco
>>
>>7425480

The DQ Brazier restaurants are a smaller concept that serve treats, hot dogs and hamburgers, but not the full hot menu.
>>
>>7425497
what isn't Sysco?

also red robin and dairy queen use the same supplier (both are next door to eachother in my town)
>>
>>7425517
shit! i've been missing out on the full menu?!
>>
>>7424283
/thread
>>
>$5 bacon cheeseburger lunch
>+$1 for a small blizzard
every fucking day when I'm working during the summer
would not recommend unless you're a ditch digger or a construction laborer
>>
>>7425471
Dude what? How are ice cream cakes white trash? If you haven't had one before, you are truly missing out.
>>
>>7427992
That crunchy chocolate stuff they put in them is awesome. I have no idea what it's made of.
>>
I had DQ when I travelled to Clapland and it was quite probably the worst fast food I've ever touched.
>>
>>7428002
Not sure, but if it's the same thing as what makes more run of the mill chocolate crunch, than I'd venture a guess that it's crisped rice.
>>
>>7428002
>>7428028

It's coarsely crushed Oreo cookies mixed with fudge sauce.
>>
Dairy Queen is mediocre-tier if you're not buying a "blizzard".

Nothing outstanding, gristly burgers, and my least favorite fast food chain fires.
>>
Are the dairy products at Dairy Queen any good?
>>
Dairy Queen is like a worse Sonic.
Just go to Sonic.
>>
>>7428519

I think so. It's better than McD or Wendy's ice cream but it isn't as good as a legit good ice cream or custard place.
>>
I just ate 2 large peanut buster parfaits and 4 chili cheese dogs i require more it was goood i recommend bro
>>
They actually have to cook the food and it's staffed by pimply teenage tumblrinas so quality varies a great deal. if its good, it's a full tier above fast food into fast casual territory. if it's bad, it's probably going to give you food poisoning or crippling depression.
>>
>>7429052
Trust me, I worked at one for two months in my youth.
The burgers are cooked in these plastic trays, anything fried is frozen and goes straight into the fryer.
There's very little the chefs actually have to do, it's just like any other fast food resturant.
>>
>>7429052

The ones near me have a full kitchen with a walkin and all the burgers are cooked on the grill. maybe you worked at one of the tiny hut-sized ones?
>>
>>7429083
>chefs
>>
>>7424259

I think it's horrible. It's never made me sick, but all their food has this peculiar oily taste. It's odd because I eat fast food fairly often and I've never had that same greasy flavor elsewhere.
>>
>>742425
The sauce they put on the spicy chicken is actually my favorite thing ever
>>
>>7424303
Pretty much this. Used to get burgers there during college and they were really good for fast food. That was more than five years ago though.
>>
I enjoy it. I'm not a dessert person, though, so for sweet stuff I can only speak for the strawberry sundae, which I like. The burgers do taste more like something you'd get at a cookout, and I'll get them when they have a deal on the double cheeseburgers, which is often. I assume they have some liquid smoke in their patties or something.

But, as everyone has mentioned, depends on the staff. The Popeye's near me tends to have drier chicken than almost everyone I've been too, despite being busy, staffed by black ladies and gentlemen, and in the south.
>>
look who owns it
>>
>>7424259

It's overpriced and their ice cream has a hint of artificial sweetener taste. You can always find a place that does it better than dq and probably for less.
>>
>>7428494
Nailed it.
I even prefer the Costco ice cream cone.
>>
>>7424259
>Is Dairy Queen food any good?

If you like it.
>>
>>7431431
This. Theres an ice cream place in the same mall as DQ and they actually sell ice cream unlike the soft serve they do at DQ. I only go to DQ if I really want a blizzard or for their oven bake shit.

But even then I might as well go to an actual restaurant and get a brownie ala mode
>>
The one in my town is great. I get the flamethrower burger with onion rings and a blizzard once or twice a month
>>
File: 1408403151569.jpg (103KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
1408403151569.jpg
103KB, 716x960px
My idiot friend decided to eat a flamethrower burger while we on our way to bonnaroo 2011 . He had to endure diarrhea at a music festival. Plus they are stupidly expensive for what you are paying for.
>>
>>7433446
Do americunts really put syrup in flapjacks?
>>
Its all shit, the soft serve is still decent but way too expensive. Heard their fries were okay but ive never tried those.
>>
File: 1384737227389.jpg (274KB, 1600x1119px) Image search: [Google]
1384737227389.jpg
274KB, 1600x1119px
>>7433496
flapjacks are pancakes you fucking muzzie
>>
>>7433446
This. Those flamethrowers taste good initially, but they turn your ass into water. Every time. Their fries and poutine sucks dick too.
>>
I don't live in the USA and DQ only serves ice cream here.
>>
>>7424259
>Is Dairy Queen food any good?
the one in my area is quite good. Smashed me finger in their snappy new door though
>>
File: 1400464263884.jpg (145KB, 326x750px) Image search: [Google]
1400464263884.jpg
145KB, 326x750px
The mushroom burger is good, but pretty salty. I dig the hotdogs every now and then. The food takes longer than BK or McDonald's, but it's usually better.
This thread has inspired me to drive to the Queen right now and get a burger. Really fucking high off of this brownie, but it's only a mile away.
>>
>>7433683
>>cones or dipped cones
They aren't even pretending to call that ice cream. I doubt they legally could.
>>
I haven't eaten there in over a decade, but I used to get flamethrower burgers like almost daily. Holy shit were those good.

I also used to eat cookie dough blizzards and requested extra cookie dough 100% of the time. I've wanted to have a banana split for a long time though.

I wish I could eat like I used to. Growing up sucks dick.
>>
>>7428528
Yes, because we all live in California

Also, the Ultimate Burger from DQ is pretty fucking good.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.