[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work lunch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 20130612-201234[1].jpg (352KB, 1331x989px) Image search: [Google]
20130612-201234[1].jpg
352KB, 1331x989px
So /ck/ the time has come for the health kick I have been putting off.

Need some Ideas for healthy snacks/lunch to take to work.

No mega expensive shit, not a poorfag, but I probably have some jew in me somewhere.

Been thinking along the lines of couscous salads (one tub, easy as fuck to make), but I can only really eat it when heavily flavoured.

What do you guys take to work?

Pic semi related, kind of stuff I will end up taking because I am lazy and unimaginative.
>>
>>7424092
a serving of couscous is about 20% of your daily cals, so a tin of tuna mixed with some lemon and herb couscous would be about 26%.
Its filling and really quick and easy. You could replace the couscous with canned chickpeas for around half the calories, and they can be flavoured in a huge variety of ways. Add a little fresh spinach leaves and its pretty good.

Thats the problem with healthy eating/ weightloss. As much as people say its tasty, it is a trade off, an alternative to the tastier foods.

Metcalfes popcorn is great, its airpopped and they do salted & sweet, honey and wasabi flavours that are great. There about 5% of my daily cal when I need a little extra.
>>
>>7424092
Also beef jerky, not the honey barbeque glaze type stuff the original ones, is relatively low calorie and really high in protein.

non-fat greek yoghurt is really low cal and ridiculously high protein and so is quark and icelandic yoghurt.
>>
File: sandwich.jpg (271KB, 2553x2592px) Image search: [Google]
sandwich.jpg
271KB, 2553x2592px
>>7424092
that isn't lazy at all.

i pretty much eat a PB sandwich at work every day.

sometimes leftovers. i don't know who can be bothered to actually cook lunch though.

i'd much rather put that effort into dinner, then relax and enjoy it.
>>
>>7424107
if you're doing beef jerky, especially to be healthy, you really should make your own. also check out tabouli salad
>>
>>7424114
I'm not exactly trying to be healthy, its just a good convenient way to hit my protein when I'm not quite there. I usually get biltong so its less salted.
>>
>>7424107

Forgot about jerky, have to make it myself because it is really expensive in the UK but I make awesome jerky if I do say so.

The zero fat greek yogurt, is that not filled with lots of sugars to compensate for loss of taste from the fats.

The couscous was just an idea, I don't rally like it plus I was hoping to reduce the amount of carbs and sugar I eat as apart from that I eat well
>>
>>7424110

I miss PB.

Can't take it into this job as technically a food production facility :(
>>
>>7424119
for buying jerky, my goto is robertsons. it's a lil pricey but so good
>>
>>7424092
i thought couscous was smaller?
>>
>>7424129
It normally is, but there are some larger ones. the only variety I can find looks like bird seed.
>>
>>7424120
Yeah, same here. Jerky is a very occasional treat.

Nah, and if your worried about that then go for icelandic yoghurt like skyrr. Its always on sale at tesco and the only ingredient is milk. About 55g protein and 16g sugar if you eat the whole 450g.

Any sort of bean or grain works well for a quick lunch, mixed bean salads and such are really good.
>>
>>7424129

Yeah I read the article this was attached to. This is big jew couscous made from semolina instead of drum? Durham wheat? idk
>>
>>7424092
>>7424129

I can solve this couscous dilemma. OP's photo displays "Israeli Couscous". It's different that what you would normally see labelled as couscous in the store. It's bigger and rounder
>>
>>7424131

Cheers will have to give that a look into that yoghurt.

Yeah that is the sort of stuff I am going to end up taking.

Been reading about the paleo diet, besides all the buzzwords and bullshit, the science makes sense to me (more than the others)

but that virtually eliminates carb intake to tubers and nuts (which I can't take to work)
>>
>>7424092
Try asking Google, problem solved.

Next question.
>>
>>7424157

Herp a derp.

I asked /ck/ what they take to work.

Why did daddy wreck your little buthole and not kiss you after?
>>
>>7424165
Ask Google, it saves your searches.
>>
>>7424173
>ask google
tl:dr I'm a neat who doesn't work and has mommy fix lunch for me
>>
>>7424179
Yeah, Google already knows everything about you.

Next question.
>>
>>7424173

Credit where credit is due, you made me laugh.

But so did the thought of you cryng because daddy doesn't love you.

also this >>7424179
>>
>>7424187
As I said, Google already knows everything about you.

Glad you are willing to share some of your life though.
>>
>>7424191
then why does google have to wait for me to ask a question instead of emailing or texting me suggestions?
>>
>>7424193
They don't like to do the leg work. Plus you are willing to share, obviously.
>>
>>7424157
If everyone just used google then a forum for discussion of food wouldn't really be necessary would it?

Feel free not to answer questions you dont want to, but thats sort of the point of this board.
>>
File: haveyou.jpg (46KB, 222x414px) Image search: [Google]
haveyou.jpg
46KB, 222x414px
>>7424157
Replying to every thread on the front page with the same bullshit answer makes you a total and absolute moron. Don't reply anymore shit-for-brains.

In regards to OP, leftovers.
>>
>>7424219
Google it fuckstick.
>>
>>7424206
It isn't necessary for a stupid topic like this, that is for sure.

Google it lazy fucking bum.
>>
>>7424285
Im not OP btw, but I'd consider helping someone eat healthily be more interesting and useful than another beer general, or the endless discontinued foods threads
>>
>>7424298
And here you are, not helping anything. Great job anon!

Hey OP, Google it.
>>
>>7424310
perhaps you should google how to make us take you seriously
>>
>>7424310
I already replied first in the thread, now I'm just pseudo arguing with tards
>>
>>7424325
Google has all the answers you need.

>>7424329
Proofs?
>>
I usually just take what I would eat ordinarily if I didn't have work, usually excluding soups. I've taken a myriad of salads, pasta dishes, bakes, and rice dishes. I have found that foods that require both a knife and fork or more troublesome, though, as I don't use plates. I just eat out of the tupperware that I brought the lunch in.

This week I'm bring rice with chicken and different vegetables. Last week was a beef roast and cauliflower salad. I've done spaghetti with anchovies, olives and capers; baked fish with parmesan and green bean salad; mackerel nicoise-type salad, tomatoes and eggs with rice, couscous with baked salmon and mint salad, stir fried green beans with rice, pasta padahn, and so on.

In terms of time, I usually cook up a big batch for dinner, and the rest of the servings are for lunch (and then I cook a batch of food for the rest of my dinners). Provided you don't use salt, or add salt just before you eat, you can usually even dress your salad days before eating.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.