[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mixed vegetables

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

So I worked close to home and would go home for lunch and cook some frozen mixed vegetables by boiling them in water for 4 minutes. Now I have a new job that's not so close to home, but I still want to eat my mixed vegetables.

The office has a microwave. How can I do this? Do I cook them in advance using the normal boiling method, and then put them in the fridge until I take them to work? Or can I just put some frozen ones into a container, take that to work, and microwave them?
>>
Defrost them overnight, take them in a plastic container, nuke covered. You'll perfect the timing after a bit. Put on butter and salt, enjoy perfect steamed vegetables. Microwaving from frozen sounds like unnecessary hassle
>>
>>7401697

Frozen veggies don't come in steam bags where you live?
>>
I do this all the time, fill up a little tupperware container with frozen vegies the night before to dethaw in fridge and just microwave it at work the next day or like a minute with the lid loosely over it so theirs room for the steam to escape, works just like a steam fresh bag.
>>
>>7401713
OK, thanks, I'll give this a try.

>>7401714
They do, but I've never bothered with figuring out how to steam them, I just cook them in water (and put the remainder back in the freezer).
>>
>>7401731
Great, thank you, will try it. Do you add a little butter/salt after microwaving, or before?
>>
>>7401697
is this post real?

just microwave them for a while.
>>
>>7401751
Yes, it's real, sorry, I'm a microwave idiot, I basically never use it. I'm planning to just put the frozen veggies in a container in the morning, keep it in my bag at the office (so they should thaw out through the morning), and then for lunch just put it in the microwave for a minute or so. That should do it, right?
>>
>>7401697
you...you eat mixed vegetables for lunch every fucking day? your life must be misrable meng
>>
>>7401767
No need to thaw. And additional 45 seconds in the microwave will melt the ice.
>>
Either buy the steamable freezer bags that you can chuck in the microwave or put them in a microwave safe bowl with a little water and nuke it.
>>
1. Put vegetables in container/bowl
2. Pour in a teaspoon of water
3. Cover with damp paper towel
4. Microwave for 2 minutes
5. Lift towel and mix up vegetables a bit
6. Microwave for 2 more minutes
7. Drain water

WA LA
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.