[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are his videos good or is he just a meme chef?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: fr.jpg (71KB, 1025x523px) Image search: [Google]
fr.jpg
71KB, 1025x523px
Are his videos good or is he just a meme chef?
>>
>>7398736
What the fuck is a meme chef?
>>
>>7398740
A chef who is popular.
>>
>>7398736
I hate him as a person, but he does make some decent videos. His eggs are good, but any mook who knows french style eggs knows what he's teaching already. In fact his vids are so basic you can get the info elsewhere. If you like him, bonus that you can get it from him, I guess.
>>
His britbong shows are good. Gordon Behind Bars was pretty interesting.
>>
>>7398745
Why not say a pop chef?
>>
>>7398745
I don't think you know what a meme is.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
I've made his beef short ribs recipe a few times, it was terrific

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnxLau7m600
>>
He's no Marco.
>>
>>7398794
He may not know what a meme is technically, but he's spot on for how it's used.
>>
It's kinda hard to learn from Gordon's videos because they're over-edited and he doesn't tell you anything about quantities. Marco Pierre White's knorr videos are a lot better.
>>
>>7398883
I agree with this post. Nothing to add, really.
>>
His cooking is solid and he knows how to set up successful restaurants.
>>
his video on honing blades is so fucked. not only was his technique and tools questionable, he in no ay mentioned wiping the blade down to remove metal particulates. i bet he and his producers would rather let you eat metal filings than frighten their viewers. saged all his videos after that, even though his thanksgiving turkey looked great
>>
>>7398903
I always run my blades under the tap after honing.
>>
>>7398883
My exact thoughts. Chef John is way better than Gordon Ramsay in terms of making instructional videos.
>>
>>7398736
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xwoE56JPy8
i really liked this one
>>
>>7398903
>>7398909
>metal particulates
Literally a meme. You've got more dissolved metals in a couple millilitres of tap water. Check your faucet mesh, you'll see precipitate.
>>
>>7398880
> for how it's used
*on 4chins
>>
>>7398736
I just love how his voice intrinsically makes everything sound dire.

>>7398883
I sort of agree with this. They're clearly made under the assumption you halfway know what you're doing already, and in that context the visuals of the food being made should be more than enough, but the cuts jump around so much it's often hard to tell exactly how much of something he puts in.

I made the chili once; it was pretty cash.
>>
>>7398736
His videos are great because he expects you to at least know basic cooking skills instead of babying you with ten extra minutes of how to stir.
>>
He has some great sex tips, but his normal videos are a bit too over edited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwnrWzgUP2w
>>
File: dfassdf.gif (2MB, 300x227px) Image search: [Google]
dfassdf.gif
2MB, 300x227px
>>7398986
>>
>>7398941
first off, i use a kettle, so i know precisely my particulate content, and the effectiveness of my filter

second, no, the amount of metal from honing a blade is huge. almost a palatable amount. try honing an edge than running a white cloth on the edge afterwards. you will have silver streaks as if you were cleaning it of motor oil

wash your blade like you wash your ass. make sure theres no shit streaks still coming onto the cloth
>>
>>7398986
Funniest shit I've seen in days
>>
>>7398736
His videos are comfy as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke_xYIhYPTw
>>
>>7399152
I know they're comfy, honestly' they're nice to listen to, but is the food good?
>>
>>7399155
It took me a couple tries to get the pork done right, and I thought the basil was too much, but it makes for a very good meal.
>>
>>7398750
Why would you hate him as a person? Look at his shows with kids, he's actually very kind and helpful to people unless they should know better (i.e. restauranteurs and cooks).

>>7399066
>first off, i use a kettle, so i know precisely my particulate content, and the effectiveness of my filter
Lol wat
>>
>>7398790
Because then the popularity would have nothing to do with internet. Pop is pre-00s, basically.
>>
File: laughing padawans.png (561KB, 854x740px) Image search: [Google]
laughing padawans.png
561KB, 854x740px
>>7399187
>he thinks he's a cultural anthropologist
>>
>>7399183
>Look at his shows with kids, he's actually very kind and helpful to people unless they should know better (i.e. restauranteurs and cooks).

Link?

I know definitely his non-network shows and such are definitely more friendly and comforting;
>>
>>7398736
both
>>
Cooking things correctly doesn't take a chef you fucktard.

We make fun of people like jack because they've apparently lost their fucking minds.
>>
>>7399276
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsdLIpGsGno
>>
>>7399284
>Cooking things correctly doesn't take a chef you fucktard.
Being in charge of a restaurant kitchen makes you a chef.
>>
>>7399292
people wanting to eat your food makes you a chef
>>
>>7399292

I would care to disagree.

You're a glorified staff manager if you're not involved in the cooking.
>>
>>7398794
I don't think anyone really does anymore.
>>
>>7399284
people like jack are those retards who think just knowing to put things together makes you a great YT cook. that guys food probably tastes worse than it looks and its all full of sugar and cancer anyways
>>
>>7398883

I've read that it's because they're more video accompaniments to his cookbook recipes, which have the quantities. Probably doesn't apply to every video, but it does to most of them I believe.

Basically, he wants you to buy his books.
>>
He gets so overly excited its so cute.
>>
He's okay. He's clearly become a product of television but I don't think he's lost any of that drive that made him a great chef in the first place. As for his videos, his recent ones are very much bullshit but the older ones are less edited and more informational. Still, doesn't beat anything Marco Pierre White has.

But he's okay. He's an okay person. I think Boiling Point is as close to seeing the real Ramsay as you can get.
>>
>>7398880
No he isn't, meme means image macro to most people. The advice dog and assorted impact font using images and whatnot.
>>
>>7399155
>>7399164
I made this recipe and really enjoyed it. I didn't think the basil was too much but I do also think Ramsay sometimes only adds certain ingredients for colour, basil being the case here.

And I will say that I have made quite a few Ramsay recipes. Some have been quite ordinary but some have also been really good. The fiery lamb is pretty good, stewed aubergine, Moroccan lamb, chipotle sweetcorn, ricotta blueberry pancakes, black beans with feta and avocado, etc.
>>
File: 1300209391975.jpg (50KB, 356x480px) Image search: [Google]
1300209391975.jpg
50KB, 356x480px
>>7398736
None more meme.
>>
>>7399296
> people wanting to eat your food makes you a chef

No, that makes you a cook, maybe even a skilled cook.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (25KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
25KB, 1280x720px
>>7399684
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.