[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 17

File: PGTipsTeaBags.jpg (58KB, 604x448px) Image search: [Google]
PGTipsTeaBags.jpg
58KB, 604x448px
>be Asian
>go to England to study
>think British people are a nation of tea lovers
>think I will learn about tea from them
>everyone drinks these gross tea bags
>don't even taste like tea
>tfw I've been tricked

It's not tea unless it unfurls in the cup
>>
Only gutterpleb Brits drink bagged tea. The initiated higher class of Masonic brothers imbibe loose leaf.
>>
File: ducke.jpg (31KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
ducke.jpg
31KB, 303x303px
>>7396162
>>
>>7396154
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35595530

They don't even drink that much tea anymore.
>>
>>7396154
Asians drink bagged tea too.

2/10 apply yourself.
>>
>>7396154
We don't have the time to be pretensions about a drink made of dried leaves and hot water
>>
>>7396192
Coffee...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UsPRSrxmmI
>>
>>7396187
>We don't have the time to be pretensions about a drink made of dried leaves and hot water
As opposed to dried beans and hot water, you mean?
>fresh ground fair trade slow-roasted extra dark bean Sumatran arabica.

Not for me, I'll have a spoon and a half of Nescafe powder.
>>
>>7396209
>As opposed to dried beans and hot water, you mean?
To be fair though there is more than one way of making coffee.
>>
>>7396212
There is more than one way to make tea too.
>>
>>7396218
Name 7
I'll start you off
Tea
Tea with sugar
Tea with milk
Tea with milk and sugar
>>
>>7396226
>Coffee
>Coffee with sugar
>Coffee with milk
>Coffee with milk and sugar
Nigga, you can't even have Coffee with lemon. And I had blackcurrant tea last night, shit was cash.
>>
>>7396154
>It's not tea unless it unfurls in the cup
if you drink 15 cups of tea a day you're not going to be fucking about with loose leaf, you need convenience. maybe one cup of tea a day is about sitting down having a poncey moment where you can savour the taste, the other 14 are fuel and need to be delivered quickly. now fuck off you pretentious mong.
>>
File: Found_The_Problem.jpg (54KB, 600x379px) Image search: [Google]
Found_The_Problem.jpg
54KB, 600x379px
>>7396317
>if you drink 15 cups of tea a day
>>
>>7396325
my point stands. we are a nation of tea lovers and therefore drink a fuckload of tea. the more frequent the cups of tea, the less pretentious you'll be about them t b h
>>
>>7396226
ginger.
>>
>>7396349
fuck off cunt you're ginger
>>
>>7396325
15 cups is just getting started for the Irish.
>>
File: _88319126_food_since_70s-03.png (10KB, 624x436px) Image search: [Google]
_88319126_food_since_70s-03.png
10KB, 624x436px
>>7396176
This is outrageous, I hope it's not true.
>>
>>7396154
Tea in the UK is a calming activity with a nice reliable pay off not a drink
>>
>>7396154
Really it's tea dust. But that's on you for believing in national stereotypes.
>>
>>7396301
What does this mean?
>>
>>7396154
Yep, tea in the UK is almost exclusively PG Tips, Tetley or Twinings, which all taste the exact fucking same. Most people don't even know other types of tea past English breakfast, with the exception of some old people who drink Earl Grey, and people who drink Chamomile when they have the flu. 90% are genuinely oblivious to herbal tea, black, white, green, jasmine tea, etc.

In 10 years living in London, I shit you not, I have not come across a single place selling loose leaf tea. On the plus side, you can import tea from Asian countries for relatively cheap. And some stores are starting to stock nice infusion blends like Tesco's "Finest". English tea isn't bad if brewed strongly like PG tips but I prefer coffee.
>>
>>7396333
>drinking something good in moderation is pretentious and poncey
>drinking hoards of shit tea is civilized

Climb back into your cave you uncivilized fucking cretin. This is essentially the fat fuck's outlook of food - "it dun need to be good if I'm eating my own body weight :DD!"
>>
>>7396301
>Coffee with ice
>Coffee in cake
>Coffee as sweets
>Coffee with nut tasting stuff
>>
>>7396154
As already mentioned, this is bait. Asians use teabags too, if anything the fancier part of my regular supermarket has better tea quality than my local asian supermarket! I'd like to see stats by country though.

>>7396187
If anything tea is the least decadent beverage to pursue as a beverage. Alcohol and coffee have more dependency associations. Wine and tea seem to be the only real classical beverages.

>>7396317
>>7396333
>15 cups of tea a day
Look up gong-fu, ignorant cunt. We are not a nation of tea-lovers, we were a nation of the industrious, who produced the bastardised Indian equivalent of China tea for mercantile purposes.

>>7396399
I think by calming you mean a "letting oneself go". The east asian tea ceremonies are calming in the reflective or meditative sense.

>>7396477
Coffee is used more widely as a culinary flavour but I think the drinks themselves have just as many different varieties as each other. It's a stupid comparison.
>>
>>7396451
>In 10 years living in London, I shit you not, I have not come across a single place selling loose leaf tea.

You're not trying very hard, are you? Shit, even if you lack all imagination, just go to Harrods.
>>
>>7396451
>In 10 years living in London, I shit you not, I have not come across a single place selling loose leaf tea.

We're you living at her majesty's pleasure? Fucking Tesco sells loose tea you plum nosed mushroom.
>>
>>7396154
To answer less arseholishly than the rest of this thread: they drink a lot of tea in England, like, loads of it. And almost all of them do, even the very poor, so tea is treated as a basic product, like rice or pasta: you can get nicer stuff for more money, but most people won't.

(England is however, probably one of the easier places to find high-quality tea outside of the places that actually grow it; the people who say they can't find it are trolls and/or stupid)

"Asian" is a vague term, where are you from?
>>
File: tetley.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tetley.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
this makes a fine of tea
quit being an insufferable snob
>>
What the fuck does """Asian""" mean in this thread? Turkish? Iraqi? Persian? Indian? Chinese?
>>
File: Lipton.jpg (704KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Lipton.jpg
704KB, 1500x1500px
>>7396671
Fuck out of the way, superior tea coming through...
>>
>>7396750

If they were from an Asian country that wasn't a shithole they would have specified.
>>
>7396162
you con't delete posts like this.
that was fucking gold.

mods are twats
>>
>>7396451
>90% are genuinely oblivious to herbal tea, black, white, green, jasmine tea, etc
they just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>7396154
>>be Asian
>>go to England to study

Well there's your problem right there.

Why the fuck would you go to the U.K. to study when the Japs and Chinese are superior to the U.K. in every way?

Regardless, the problem wasn't the tea bags, it was the tea. U.K. tea tastes like a dirty sock, which is why those inbred fuckers drown it in milk and sugar.

I've had tea all over mainland Europe, North Africa, Iraq and A-stan, and the product they had was always better than the typical shit in the U.K.. The reason is that the tea buyers and distributors skim off the best products for smaller scale distribution that they can charge a higher price for, leaving behind all the shit tea, which gets sold en masse to companies making tea bags and products for the U.K. market.
>>
File: redrose.jpg (84KB, 800x762px) Image search: [Google]
redrose.jpg
84KB, 800x762px
>>7396810

you move over plus you get a nifty prize in every box
>>
>>7396226

Tea Whisk (matcha)
Cold Brew (iced tea)
Hot Brew (iced tea)

And that brings us up to seven.
>>
>>7396451

Did you try the grocery store
>>
>>7396451
Tea with milk
Tea with sugar
Tea with milk and sugar
Tea with honey
Tea with lemon
Tea with honey and lemon
Tea with honey and milk
Iced tea
Iced tea without ice
Tea ice cream
>>
>>7396451
>In 10 years living in London, I shit you not, I have not come across a single place selling loose leaf tea
10 years without once going into a supermarket? where the fuck do you shop?
>>
>>7396527
>>7397059
Apart from >>7396862 type I mean. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, are there more types other than English breakfast in that kind of loose tea tin?

>>7396527
What type? I have seen the infusions they have like green tea, mint, etc. but none of it is loose
>>
>>7396879
Tea with milk
Tea with sugar
Tea with milk and sugar
Tea with honey
Tea with lemon
Tea with honey and lemon
Tea with honey and milk
Iced tea
Iced tea without ice
Tea ice cream
Tea Whisk (matcha)
Cold Brew (iced tea)
Hot Brew (iced tea)
Tea with cream
Tea with milk and cream
Just tea
Tea with skimmed milk
Tea with semi-skimmed milk
Tea with full-fat milk
Tea with semi-skimmed milk and cream
Tea with skimmed milk and cream
Tea with full-fat milk, cream and sugar
Tea with semi skimmed milk, cream, sugar and honey
Iced tea with sugar
Tea with honey
Tea without milk, cream but with some sugar
>>
>>7396665
well put lad. it's not that we don't like nicer tasting tea, but in most tea situations, like at work for example, if every 20 minutes someone's asking you if you want a cup, you're not going to go 'yes but make sure it it unfurls in the cup. and expensive leaves only mind.' you accept the shit teabags the office got in, and you let dave the mong from 2 desks over make it for you even though he always puts too much milk in. and you take one mouthful and forget it's there, then remember 20 minutes later when dave asks if you want another and neck 5 gulps of lukewarm pissy tea so your mug's empty and dave can make you another.
>>
>>7397094

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/browse/default.aspx?N=4293863438&Ne=4294793660

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/drinks/loose-tea?langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=7M%2BRO6MgJpm47gRD35K7zN8AbpPpjpuSmnRvM3gaoXLDepEL9MqZPrnCCk%2BZGBWAXASEAKnXb7Ol%0AwTDYqCB0YD7wwh1ayJOgrNOmAXGfp5HXlMvAtYBqIg3sR0F4GvLL&ddkey=http:gb/groceries/drinks/loose-tea

hope you're trolling. supermarkets have loose tea.
>>
>>7397104
I just keep a cup with infuser in, leaves in, pour in hot water, drink, pour in more hot water later, drink, pour it more hot water later later, drink, throw out, wash, repeat. How the fuck is this any more difficult than drinking literal dust? Cheaper quality loose leaf can be as cheap as 4 quid per 50 grams too.
>>
>>7396184

asian here

we do not

we buy freeze-dried pouches of dark green, curly fuzzy velvety leaves straight from the motherland
>>
>>7397102
Green tea and fireball whiskey.

Great for a relaxing drink or a house party with chill friends.
>>
File: db_file_img_2073_800x600.jpg (30KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
db_file_img_2073_800x600.jpg
30KB, 800x600px
>>7397116
got me this fun infuser for the office thinking i'd do the same thing but i cba with emptying it out so i ended up back on bags and dave's pissy offerings every 20 mins t b h
>>
>>7396317

>poncey
>mong

wow can this post be any more british

we get it Sir Charles, u drink 15 cuppas a day when you could just drink 1 cup of coffee but you like being an idiot
>>
>>7397116
>How the fuck is this any more difficult than drinking literal dust
do you not let other people make tea for you at work? try asking people who offered you a cup to 'fill up my infuser' and see how far you get lad
>>
>>7397128
No idea how this shit works, but if I don't want to take the time to rinse properly and am gonna drink more of the same tea I just grab pic related, turn it upside down over a bin 6 metres away, hit it a bit on the bottom so most the leaves fall in and add more, takes 2 seconds and doesn't taste like shit.
>>
>>7396495

>if anything the fancier part of my regular supermarket has better tea quality than my local asian supermarket! I'd like to see stats by country though.

that's because only white people buy the tea from asian supermarkets, White boy

see >>7397122
>>
>>7397136
Not a brit so no. If I worked there I'd probly just decline and do it my way. If it offends then that's too bad, but worth it.
>>
File: 51CHE5VbSdL._SX300_.jpg (19KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
51CHE5VbSdL._SX300_.jpg
19KB, 300x200px
>>7396862

goddamn that shit looks like tobacco

feels good being part of the tea-drinking master race (japs, chinois, darjeeling)
>>
>>7397136

have you ever tried saying "no thanks"

i mean you're acting as if you're being held at gunpoint by your coworkers to imbibe their shitty concoctions
>>
>>7397150
you'd be that foreign spastic who won't let anyone make him tea in pretty much any office over here tbph lad
>>
>>7397163
I don't really care to associate with people who get offended because I like to drink tea.

No one throws a fit here when I decline coffee, and I got a couple people into tea after I brought my own to drink.
>>
Company makes me a unique blend of loose leaf that nobody else in the world can duplicate.

How do I know that for sure?

I make then fart on the mix before sealing the container
>>
File: TWN-03483-3.jpg (339KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
TWN-03483-3.jpg
339KB, 1600x1600px
>>7397094
>Are there more types other than English breakfast in that kind of loose tea tin?

Twinings does more than one kind of tea ya ding-dong bong
>>
>>7397288
>Twinings
>does
>tea
>>
File: 1431635862105.jpg (129KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1431635862105.jpg
129KB, 640x640px
>>7397197
>I don't really care to associate with people who get offended because I like to drink tea
>>
>>7397122
>asian here
What kind? This still hasn't been answered.
>>
>>7397094
http://www.harrods.com/food-and-wine/tea-and-coffee/loose-leaf-tea?viewall=yes
>>
File: yorkshire-tea-2000858_2.jpg (194KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
yorkshire-tea-2000858_2.jpg
194KB, 850x850px
>>7396671
Move the fuck along.
>>
>>7397122
lies, i my asian gf buys tea bags and so do her off-the-boat parents. taiwanese, fyi

your bait-fu is weak, twinkie.
>>
>>7396154
>be Caucasian
>reading this shitpost
>>
>>7396495
>Wine and tea seem to be the only real classical beverages.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>7398166

>tfw he called me what my childhood bullies

I'm not white on the inside, bakka
>>
File: infuser.jpg (44KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
infuser.jpg
44KB, 800x800px
>>7397128
I had the same problem, until I got one with a clamp like this. Much less fiddly.
>>
>>7398199
git gud then fite me again, jackie chan
>>
>>7398208
Protip: Don't try to use this on one of your nuts.
>>
>>7396451
I'm guessing you never left the computer desk in your cramped, dark flat, with Dominos on speed dial.The only exercise you ever got was waddling to the door to pick up your grease bread, shoving damp notes into the delivery guy's hand, ''I-in England I don't have to tip, h-huh?'' spluttering from your acned jowls, then retreating to where the light doesn't burn your precious alabaster skin, right?

Fucking moron.
>>
>>7398234
Well, I mean, now I'm going to have to.

I closed it gently and it didn't hurt at all. I might buy a second one tomorrow and see what it's like to have one on each nut while masturbating.
>>
>>7398266
For Science!
>>
>>7398266
Don't do it man, I'm trying to warn you here.
>>
File: Tea.jpg (2MB, 2672x1503px) Image search: [Google]
Tea.jpg
2MB, 2672x1503px
Sup, tea/ck/ocks. Please help me choose which tea or tisane I want to drink right now. No fancy numbers like doubles or triples needed. I'll drink brew the first cup suggested.

Loose:

Twinings "English Breakfast"
Sloane Tea Company (STC) "Jasmine Snow Dragon" (Chinese jasmine green)
STC "Oolong Creme" (cream flavoured oolong)
STC "Jade Halo" (Chinese green tea)
STC "Silver Mist" (Chinese white tea w/ mint)
Genmaicha Supreme (Japanese green tea w/ toasted rice kernels)
Kenya Kangaita (Kenyan black tea)

Satchets:
Twinings "English Breakfast"
Twinings "Irish Breakfast"
Twinings "The Earl Grey"
Twinings "The Lady Grey"
Lipton "Acai with Blueberry" (flavoured green tea)
Lipton "Cranberry with Pomegranate) (flavoured green tea)

Tisanes:
Twinings "Pure Peppermint"
Twinings "Chamomile"

I also have a small brick of ripe pu-erh.

Thanks in advance for you help and consideration!
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (127KB, 903x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
127KB, 903x1000px
>>7396154
>be English
>go to Asia to study
>maybe tea will be okay
>nope
>condensed milk in everything
>no teabags just bagged tea (pic related)
>get a furry tongue from all the sugar i am forced to drink
also
>go into restaurant
>free tea served in a plastic cup
>so dry it makes you even thirstier

>ask for tea at cafe
>get iced lemon tea every single time

yeh fuck that
>>
>>7398274
>>7398314
Jesus died, and so will I.
>>
>>7396451
I had some loose leaf tea at a musuem in Edinburgh

Scots do tea better than the English quite ironic
>>
>>7398378

>go to a country
>only buy shit tea
>blame the country for having shit tea when in reality you're just buying the ones that literal hobos drink
>>
>>7398355
Twinings Earl Grey. Love that stuff.
>>
>>7398449
Thanks, Anon. I'll brew up a cup immediately. And thank you for not making me drink the shitty flavoured Liptons stuff my old housemate left behind.
>>
>>7398478
I will too, actually. Cheers.
>>
>>7396388
Media told us fat was bad so we switched to semi-skimmed, no one uses skimmed.
>>
>>7397094
London has a fucking China town you mong.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.