[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gas Station Food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 750x1334px
Is it delicious?
What does /ck/ normally pick up from the quick stop?
>>
>>7394302
Depends who is supplying it. I've had some pretty good prepackaged sushi and some really terrible.
>>
>raw fish sushi
>from a gas station
you are a braver (or dumber) man than I.
>>
>>7394302
It's almost always below average, never reaching above mediocre
It's not even the cheapest food out there, it's just the most convinient
>>
choco tacos were my gas station go to food when I was young now its mostly beef jerky.
>>
>>7394302
the only thing crappy bout supermarket sushi is the cheap out on the rice, and the texture of average normal white rice reaaally ruins the sushi roll.
>>
>>7394302
I worked at a gas station for a very brief time when I was in college. I wouldn't recommend getting anything other than pre-packaged food. Anything that is "fresh" is pretty much shit that people shouldn't be consuming.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 280x280px
In New Zealand there is a petrol station called Z. I think it replaced shell.

Z sells top notch cupcakes holy shit they are so delicious. Highly recommended.
>>
>>7394324
Yup, beef jerky is the shit. I tried Jack Links chicken jerky a few weeks ago out of curiosity. It's not bad.
>>
File: Jack-Links-Chicken-Nuggets.jpg (56KB, 466x500px) Image search: [Google]
Jack-Links-Chicken-Nuggets.jpg
56KB, 466x500px
>>7394335
their buffalo chicken nuggets sound pretty good. Did you just try their plain chicken jerky?
>>
boiled peanuts

chicken salad sandwich

those taquito-looking things that you immediately regret purchasing after the first bite
>>
mersa?
>>
>>7394302
Mine is well frequented so they get fresh donuts daily.

Coffee/drainks
Anything packaged.

The owner is hawaiian and sells homemade spam musubi his wife makes. Shits great. 2 for $3

Sure i could make it myself but they're nice people and i dont want a whole can of spam.
>>
>>7394436
Cute!
>>
Gas station corndogs are a staple when I road trip.
>>
>>7394302
Based off how that food is packaged and rolled, thats tsunami sushi and will be fantastic.
>>
File: hero.png (182KB, 231x429px) Image search: [Google]
hero.png
182KB, 231x429px
>>7394302
Delicious, nutritious, pork cracklins. Last year, I went on a roadtrip from the North East all the way down the coast and then over to Dallas, Texas, surviving on nothing but pork cracklins and Miller Lite.

I almost died.
>>
>>7394368
damn never seen chicken nuggets from jack links, i would kill for those
>>
>>7394309
Seriously. Unless you're in Japan or Hawaii where the 7-11 (or whatever convenient shop exists ) is abundant, I can't see gas station food being good.

I can't buy things like cold sandwiches and lunchables to snack on anymore. Some places don't bother checking expiration dates and let lunch meat/spread go bad.

Ive always liked those tornados from the Circle K. Overpriced (like everything else really) , but tasty. Their muffins are also nice tbqh. I don't think that the pizzas from Casey's live up to their commercials, but I do like their cookies (unless I'm thinking Huck's, but desu, I don't recall; I don't fill my tank often enough recently).
>>
>>7395822
Gas station sushi*

/polite sage

Actually, come to think of it, I wonder if gas stations/convenient Marts, regardless of brands have regional specific snacks/meals. I think I've only seen Kitchen Cooked Kettle chips in my area. I know they've expanded beyond gas stations and delis, but I wonder if they've moved beyond my state's borders.
>>
File: ls (1).jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ls (1).jpg
8KB, 250x250px
Simply posting the best of gas station cuisine
>>
>>7394302
the 7/11 in my town has pizza and fried chicken under heat lamps. it also has a grocery store style freezer full of pre made frozen foods and a microwave.

ill fuck up a chicken wing gas station pizza all day
>>
i do not live in usa but when i visited NYC, the 7/11's had this crazy vegan noodle meal which was amazing

(i am far from a vegan, it is just the only thing that didn't look like it had 3948938483 calories - something i needed after living the typical NYC life)

i am really envious of 7/11 gas stations in america, you guys have it so good ;_;
>>
I like to get either the cuban or italian sub from 711. If im drunk enough i put the nacho cheese and chili on it.

I have no shame.
>>
Never had anything bad from Wawa
>>
>>7396044
I haven't been to NY in almost 10 years so either they've really stepped up their convenience store game or you must have -really- shitty gas station food where you're from. No weeb but Jap convenience store food kicks the shit out of anything I've seen back home.
>>
File: 1429969481366.jpg (192KB, 1024x1249px) Image search: [Google]
1429969481366.jpg
192KB, 1024x1249px
>>7394368
eat these camping all the time, dank as fuck innawoods.

literally no reason to eat at home though, unless youre really fucked on time or a lazy sack of potatoes.
>>
Wawa and Maverik are GOAT. Whenever I go out east with the gf to visit her family, I almost always frequent the Wawa down the street from their house, usually for a hoagie and some jalapeƱo cheese bites. Back home in the west, Maverik is amazing. Their hottie pastrami wrap and Cuban hottie wrap are great. Also the breakfast burritos are amazing.

I could go for a maverik wrap right now but I'm not feeling a 15 minute drive.
>>
>>7397347
>An action packed trip to Detroit

Get shot at in real-time!
Experience the thrill of survival by camping at a bus stop!
>>
>>7394329
>>7395822
Worked at a Red Apple station for a long time and the deli / prepared food wasn't bad. Burgers, subs and chicken sandies the same as any fastfood. The tacos were all salt and spice so I didn't really like them but tons of people did. The 7in personal pizzas weren't great either, I'd go to the local spot in town for a slice on my break instead. Fucking killer egg rolls though, they were the perfect snack. The soups were great too. Most of the staff ate deli food at least a few times a week at least, some every day. There's real value in eating something fresh and warm in a store full of chips and jerky and shit.

Anyway I guess my point was that gas station food isn't always bad, it can actually be really good sometimes in fact. People work sort of hard to make it so don't just be a dick and say it's bad arbitrarily.
>>
>>7394302
>gas station sushi

Although that doesn't look terrible, I wouldn't.
>>
>>7398659
I've paid for and eaten worse.
>>
I'm near a couple big Cumberland Farms and they usually have some decent stuff. Bananas, pickles, really good pizza slices (might be Digiorno), little cups of chowder and a lot of sandwiches/salads/wraps.

When I have a long day at work I like getting something hot to drink because it's only 99 cents for any size
>>
I'll usually snag some breakfast sandwiches and coffee. I just traveled all over and the Holiday gas stations have awesome breakfast sandwiches and options. I'll snag trail mix sometimes too. Water obviously. Holiday's coffee is really good too, I'm pretty sure they're mainly concentrated to the midwest. MN, ND, etc. I miss leavin my hotel early and gettin coffee and sandwiches and driving to my next hiking destination. Good times....
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.