[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tequila

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

File: img_162014_Gall_500.png (101KB, 146x500px) Image search: [Google]
img_162014_Gall_500.png
101KB, 146x500px
Hey co/ck/s,

Looking for a suggestion for getting into tequila, and was hoping you guys had some suggestions. The target price range is €20 - €30.

Maybe something like pic related?
>>
File: india_amr6.jpg (433KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
india_amr6.jpg
433KB, 900x1200px
In return I bring you the tip of pic related: Amrut, a really nice drink that got me into whisky for the price of €32
>>
>>7393958
>"whisky"
you have brought the tip of a fedora, good sir! +1
>>
>>7393954
My experience with Quervo has been that it kinda sucks. But I don't know what's available at what price on bongland. Can you get Sauza or Cazadores? Those are the cheaper ones I like the taste of.
>>
Cheap and tequila don't really go together, at least in my experience. Tequila became really trendy a few years back and the prices haven't really dropped since then. Are you looking for something to mix or something to sip?
>>
I drink silvers because I typically enjoy shooting it (with lime juice added), and I don't like reposados, etc. for shooting. 1800 is almost exclusively what I buy, good all-purpose and not terribly expensive.
>>
>>7393986
I can get both for about $20 which is pretty cheap, would you say gold or silver?

>>7393987
sipping or the occasional shooting, not really looking for something to mix with

>>7394008
looks good, seems like I can get that for €30/$35 so might check that out
>>
>>7394041
Forgot to mention, Cuervo is butt. Ignore at all costs, unless it's like a special small-batch "artisanal" release, I'm sure they could put together a decent tequila for that.
>>
>>7394041
Hornitos, the upmarket variety of Sauza, is pretty good to drink straight and probably around €30.
>>
>>7394061
>>7393954
Beat me to it, Hornitos is good. Just make sure it's 100% agave.
>>
It should be noted that anything you buy should say "100% pure agave" or something along those lines.
>>
>>7393954

Eh, only thing I know is that you possitively want 100% agave like other anons mentioned.

Have fun, OP
>>
kirkland tequila is pretty dank 1.75L for $18, their anejo is pretty good too
>>
File: riazul-silver_2[1].jpg (21KB, 350x600px) Image search: [Google]
riazul-silver_2[1].jpg
21KB, 350x600px
>>7393954

for silvers

1800 is alright
so it hornitos

cabo wabo is better than either of those

but if you live somewhere where pic related is sold, it's the best
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
Regular Cuervo is garbage but Tradicional is okay, good value
Hornitos and Cazadores too
Always look for '100%agave' always avoid 'micro'
>>
File: corralejo reposado.jpg (79KB, 458x751px) Image search: [Google]
corralejo reposado.jpg
79KB, 458x751px
Get yourself some corralejo.
It's pretty smooth with a slightly sweet aftertaste.
>>
What's the taste of Tequila?
Why would I drink it instead of vodka?
>>
>>7393954
Just look for something made with 100% agave op. Cazadores is my favorite.
>>
>tfw such a lightweight that i drink 2 shots of jose cuervo gold out of a cup and its fuckin disgusting and im already feeling it
>>
File: Tequila-Avion-Entourage.jpg (90KB, 650x591px) Image search: [Google]
Tequila-Avion-Entourage.jpg
90KB, 650x591px
Tequila Avión.

Slightly cheaper yet smoother than Patron.

Git U sum.
>>
>>7395654
it doesn't taste like medicinal alcohol unlike vodka
>>
File: espolon_blanco__47136_orig.jpg (246KB, 422x1041px) Image search: [Google]
espolon_blanco__47136_orig.jpg
246KB, 422x1041px
I had a bunch of nice tequila one weekend after years of basically only ever having shots of the cheapest jose cuervo and that mezcal that's just as ubiquitous and it really turned me on to the fact that there's quality and variety in the range and I like that lingering agave flavour.

So far I've found this stuff to be at a really good place flavour vs price point vs availability-wise but I've yet to venture into the expensive stuff. Is Patron (the blanco in particular) all hype or is it really up there? I ask about it in particular because I know I can find it.
>>
>>7396744
How much is one bottle of patron 0,7Liter in the United States?
>>
File: teqla_her1.jpg (147KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
teqla_her1.jpg
147KB, 540x720px
>>7393954
I'll vouch for this.
>>
alcohol is not food, it is poison. stop with the never ending alcohol threads, spammer.
>>
File: patron-xo-cafe.jpg (49KB, 237x372px) Image search: [Google]
patron-xo-cafe.jpg
49KB, 237x372px
just get some patron, its popular for a reason. id suggest cafe
>>
>>7396791
Depends on which kind of patron you're talking about, but silver is around $40-50 for a 750ml bottle around here.
>>
>>7394069
>It should be noted that anything you buy should say "100% pure agave" or something along those lines.
This is pretty much all you need to know,e "100%" and "blue agave" to understand flavor. Tequila is a simple beast, it just needs to be completely unadulterated with other less expensive grain alcohol (the cuervo way). Tequila isn't restricted yet like champagne to a single growing region but if it were restricted to just one plant, it'd be the blue agave, or else it'd be mezcal with
>>7395346
>cabo wabo is better than either of those
Cabo is my smoothest favorite reposado, but the price for OP might be too high, in my inexpensive alcohol-purchase state (Florida) where we have Total Wine, Costco and other competition, it's usually more than Patron at $35+. Patron isn't especially good, just spends money on advertising promotions which runs up the price/demand.

For a midrange shooter, I think you're making a mistake to stick to Silver. Need to graduate to somewhat aged, the reposados. Hornitos, Sauza, and another 25 brands are nearly equal in price, but that is going to vary on your location, your taxes, your import tariffs and so forth. Anejos are cigar sippers much as any good whiskey will vary on wood used, years aged and whatever blending liberties they take, and probably a little bit more special when you consider the cactus supply is a little more fragile than barley, wheat or rye. Then you're taking family reserves and gorgeous bottles like with grappa glass blowing creations.
>>
>>7397295

yum
>>
>>7394041
>gold or silver
Never buy anything labeled "gold." It has coloring added and it fucking disgusting, this includes - especially - Cuervo.

Espolon, Cuervo Silver, 1800, Cimmaron, Milagro are all good silver tequila's in between $15-$25
>>
>>7396744
Patron is definitely quality stuff, but it's not as good as the price suggests. There's better silver's out there for less.
>>
>>7393954
You might be able to get a Herradura or Patron Reposado for 30 eurobucks. Those are both pretty good.
>>
>>7393987
>Cheap and tequila don't really go together
So much this.
I can drink wells vodka or gin all day and not have a problem but bottom shelf tequila is the worst.
>>
>>7393958
DESIGNATED SHITTING DRINK
>>
Looking to switch from vodka to tequila, need something strong and unpretentious. The liquor store I go to now has a pretty big selection so other than the big name brands I wouldn't know where to start.
>>
>>7393954
tequila 101

you have 3 basic kinds
1. blanco tequila, white, like the vodka of mexico, people only like it in the same way people like vodka
good for mixing or shooting, don't buy expensive tequila if you are shooting it, only retards consider any kind of blanco tequila to be "premium", some are better for sure, but there is little honest couiseurship in blanco tequila
chilling this kind of tequila makes it more pallatable

2. joven
full of colors, flavours and shite, this should not even exist as a form of tequila

3. reprosado, more flavour, aged longer, darker colour.
better for everything except some cocktails, or mixing with soda/other trash
I buy jose, it's widely available and noticeably better than cheaper ones; yet is still affordable by most standards

4.anejo and extra anejo, aged and extra aged respectively so I'm lumping them together for use
I'm not an expert in aged tequilas, you can get very complex flavours in reprosado and anejo, often these tequilas are sipped in alternation with sangria (but it's up to you what you alternate with)

often shooters of cheap tequila do a ritual with salt and lime slice called a "sip-lick-suck" or "tequila slammer"(in some places this is a different thing)
this is done by wetting the back of your hand between thumb and index finger, sprinkling salt on the moistened area so it sticks , then you take the lime in the hand with the salt on it, and the shot in the other; in rapid succession you take the shot, lick the salt, then suck the lime slice

cocktails include a paloma (tequila, grapefruit soda, served on the rocks with a lime slice)
magerita ( 2 oz Tequila, 1 oz Lime juice, 1 oz Cointreau, served with lime slice and salt rimmed magerita glass)
tequila sunrise (tequila, orange juice, swirl of grenadine)
mixing with a range of fruit juices is fine, much better than vodka for this purpose

also notable is that tequila is distilled from agave, and in pure form is gluten free
>>
Cheers for all the advice guys! I'm gonna try out the reposado version of Hornitos. Maybe pick up a bottle of 1800 silver if I feel like shooting.
>>
File: tequila-sangrita.jpg (61KB, 400x375px) Image search: [Google]
tequila-sangrita.jpg
61KB, 400x375px
>>7401202
>Cheers for all the advice guys! I'm gonna try out the reposado version of Hornitos. Maybe pick up a bottle of 1800 silver if I feel like shooting.
Just start with the Hornitos.
Go ahead and store it in the fridge, and get your bag of _key limes_ and fun sea salt. Maybe a 6 pack of squirt, or some Pink Grapefruit juice and soda.

I'm gonna share that the lime+salt stuff is kind a fun ritual, but the real mexican who loves his tequila will be making a pitcher of Sangrita for chasing or sipping. I've been making it for years, perfecting the recipe a lil each time. Took some to a "tequila party" that had 130 brands from various guests, and it was a hit!
>>
>>7399529
>I'm not an expert in aged tequilas
Some folks call anejo tequila "weak whiskey" because the oak tones taking over the spirit. But Don Julio anejo is quite tasty.
>>
>>7402136
anejo tequilas are not for me, I find their palate too full of competing flavours; and I find the finish lingers too long (I suppose this is why chasers are used)

I suppose the "weak whiskey" comes from the white oak barrels, when people taste oak they seem to expect a lot of it, same goes for peat in my experience

maybe I will give it another go, my sangria is honestly sub par and I think I tried KAH which I don't know is recommended
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.