[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your countries favorite foreign food? Here in Germany

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

What is your countries favorite foreign food?

Here in Germany people are big on italian kitchen. Constant tv adds and if your town is big enough for a restaurant you can bet there will be an italian restaurant.
>>
File: 1455126107816.jpg (77KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1455126107816.jpg
77KB, 256x256px
>>7392407
Isn't it actually turkish food? I spent a couple weeks in Germany and there were kebabs everywhere.

>if your town is big enough for a restaurant you can bet there will be an italian restaurant
Like pretty much everywhere else in the world.
>>
>>7392438
Turkish food is popular but doesn't go beyond the döner kebab.

Restaurants are rare and people never cook it themselfes.
>>
File: state foods.png (69KB, 985x581px) Image search: [Google]
state foods.png
69KB, 985x581px
In America it obviously varies from State to State, but overall the most popular foreign food is also Italian, which also happens to be the most popular foreign cuisine throughout the world.
>>
>>7392454
I thought americans are into mexican food

> fast food joints
> lots of mexican shor in the supermarket
> restaurants

and I have definetally seen more mexican food shops than italian ones.
>>
>>7392407
>because Italian food is the best food in the world
>>
>>7392454
Where's the fucking Thai?
>>
>>7392649

>carbs covered in cheese and anchovies

Well yeah, of course it's popular everywhere.
>>
>>7392407
Hell all, the USA is pretty big country so the answer varies not only by state but by county within states.

Overall for New York, probably Chinks and Italian.
>>
>>7392659
>cheese
actually not a massive factor in Italian cooking at all.
>>
>>7392654
The only decent Thai places in the USA are in NYC, SF, and LA. Everywhere else it's shit, the restraunts exist but they suck. Most in NYC suck too, but there are a bunch there so I can choose.

By sucking I really mean they suck. A good test is to order penang curry. If it's watery nastiness then it sucks and that's 99.999999% of the places.
>>
>>7392677
>Thai places
You could just change that to "restaurants" and it would still be right
>>
>>7392677
>restraunts
Why does /ck/, a board professing to be concerned with food and cooking, have so much trouble with this word?
>>
>>7392654
Another thing to look at is the condition of the restaurant itself. A lot of them are roach infested shitholes. From time to time one is pretty good, but that's damn rare in the USA.
>>
>>7392687
It's early in the morning and it triggers your faggotry, we do it for fun, get over yourself.
>>
>>7392687
What sort of an answer did you expect, faggot?
>>
>>7392687
Not him, but swype typing the word "restaurant" almost always comes out as something ridiculous so I just tap it out hastily

It's easy to have perfect spelling when you're on a full-size QWERTY keyboard all the time
>>
>>7392715
I like those old IBM ones. You can chuck those out of a window on concrete and they'll not only dent the sidewalk but still work. The clicky ones, that's when they were made in the USA and not farmed out to China.
>>
>>7392735
We had one of those when I was a kid. They made me extremely self conscious to type on.
>>
>>7392407
>germany
>not kebab
trash thread, idiot
>>
>>7392641
>I have seen more mexican food shops myself therefore there must actually be more in the country of the united states of america
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.