[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

flavored oils?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

Picked this bad boy up earlier. Suggestions for use? What are some good flavored oils?
>>
Peel off that label to get the secret recipes.
>>
>>7391485
>white truffle OLIVE oil

I hope you didn't pay too much for that, OP.
>>
I'd suggest peeling off the tag for secret recipes, but I have a strong feeling you didn't buy that, an even stronger feeling that you didn't take that picture, and an even stronger yet feeling that this is just poor bait.
>>
File: 0218161959-1.jpg (887KB, 1840x2718px) Image search: [Google]
0218161959-1.jpg
887KB, 1840x2718px
>>7391530
>I'd suggest peeling off the tag for secret recipes, but I have a strong feeling you didn't buy that, an even stronger feeling that you didn't take that picture, and an even stronger yet feeling that this is just poor bait.

Bitch do, I look like I'm fucking around?! Also I paid 10 bucks for it.
>>
>>7391549

>not sure if it's better or worse that he was actually serious

Now peel off that label, go cut your nails, and show us those secret recipes already.
>>
>>7391549
why don't you season the oil and try it with some bread
>>
>>7391549
the misplaced comma makes it look like you're fucking around.
Show us the secret recipes.
>>
>>7391549

>other ingredients: olive oil, flavoring

But why wouldn't they just say "white truffles"??
>>
Pretty good with pasta or boiled potatoes.
>>
Can't peel it apart bruddas
>>
>>7391656
Throw it in the fucking trash.
>>
>>7391656

You were supposed to peel it first, and THEN go cut your nails...
>>
File: 1453475670372.jpg (27KB, 313x286px)
1453475670372.jpg
27KB, 313x286px
>He doesn't make his own flavored oils
>>
>>7391590
because it doesn't have white truffles in it.

"flavoring" literally means synthetic shit that can be like, petroleum byproducts
>>
How many truffles would I need to make my own oil?
>>
>>7391960
>>
>>7391530

>he doesn't decant his oil into a proper vessel
>>
>>7391549
Those fingernails. Op has butthole fingers lol.
>>
>>7391485
Add some to the butter you put on popcorn.

Seriously.
>>
>>7391485
>>7391590

Because it's cheaper to flavour a carrier oil with an artificial flavour than it is with real truffles.

Now, the flavouring in the oil is found in truffles. It's just produced synthetically. It's like how methyl salicylate occurs naturally in the wintergreen plant, but the methyl salicylate in pain ointment is synthesized.

And the natural and synthetic compounds, chemically speaking, are the same thing. So anyone who says it's bad for you because it's synthetic is a retard.

However, there can be hundreds of compounds in a given ingredient that can contribute to its aroma and flavour. In a synthetically flavoured truffle oil like yours, they only use a single flavouring compound that has been identified as the primary aromatic in white truffles. Comparatively speaking, the flavoured oil will taste one dimensional and lacking in complexity compared to the real thing.

It can still be of use though. As I mentioned already, it's delicious on popcorn. You can toss french fries with truffle oil, finely grated parmigiana, coarsely ground black pepper, and a little bit of salt. You can put it on pizza.

Just remember these oils are usually quite pungent. A little bit goes a long way, and more than a little bit can very easily ruin a dish.
>>
>>7392257
>>>7391485 (OP) (You)
>>>7391590
>Because it's cheaper to flavour a carrier oil with an artificial flavour than it is with real truffles.
>Now, the flavouring in the oil is found in truffles. It's just produced synthetically. It's like how methyl salicylate occurs naturally in the wintergreen plant, but the methyl salicylate in pain ointment is synthesized.
>And the natural and synthetic compounds, chemically speaking, are the same thing. So anyone who says it's bad for you because it's synthetic is a retard.
>However, there can be hundreds of compounds in a given ingredient that can contribute to its aroma and flavour. In a synthetically flavoured truffle oil like yours, they only use a single flavouring compound that has been identified as the primary aromatic in white truffles. Comparatively speaking, the flavoured oil will taste one dimensional and lacking in complexity compared to the real thing.
>It can still be of use though. As I mentioned already, it's delicious on popcorn. You can toss french fries with truffle oil, finely grated parmigiana, coarsely ground black pepper, and a little bit of salt. You can put it on pizza.
>Just remember these oils are usually quite pungent. A little bit goes a long way, and more than a little bit can very easily ruin a dish.

Would you believe it would be good on raw onion?
>>
>>7393201
That sounds like the kind of question someone who only has raw onion in their pantry would ask.
>>
>>7393220
I also have crackers
>>
>>7391485
The idea of flavored oil seems like a gimmick to me - the kind of products not really meant for use in the kitchen, but value added items people buy as gifts for a friend who is into cooking.

The only flavored oil I know that people who actually use is truffle oil, and it's kind of a cheat - a way to push a dish over the top. A few drops on white pizza, beef carpaccio or in a sauce/gravy can make the flavor more complex. But use it with care, because truffle oil is to truffles what jarred mayo is to homemade aioli. Like truffles aioli can make a dish more luxurious. Truffle oil, like jarred mayo makes things taste kind of cheap when used with enthusiasm.
>>
>>7391549
What the fuck is wrong with your nails? Are you a gremlin or something?
>>
>all this people bitching about OP's nails

I want women to leave /ck/
>>
>>7393351
Thanks bro. The only people I've ever heard talk about dirt under nails is mom's & old lady's at wendys
>>
>still hasn't posted fucking secret recipes.

Why are you still here Op?
>>
>>7394146
The labal is like glued together. I can't peel it apart
>>
>>7391876
>Muh food babe army
>>
File: snow_white_high.png (73KB, 245x260px) Image search: [Google]
snow_white_high.png
73KB, 245x260px
>>7394582
>>
truffles dont give off flavor if you put them into olive oil you fucking memelords
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.