[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watering down wine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: manly sparkles.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
manly sparkles.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
Anybody else tried watering down their wine before? Ever since I've started drinking I've always found wine extremely unpalatable, and even after months of trying to force myself to like it because it's fancy, I couldn't abide it. It was a combination of way too much alcohol on the taste (which is funny because I love hard liquor most) and way too many sulfides on top of subtle notes of rotten fruit. In short, even the "good" wines were disgusting to me.

However, the other day I learned that the Greeks, in addition to adding water to their wine to get less drunk and sanitize the water (which I'd known before), also watered down their wines to make them taste better. Seeing as how I hate wine so much, I decided "what the hell" and bought some bottom shelf Taylor Port for five bucks. I mixed half a cup of that with a cup and a half of water, and it was a completely transformed drink. Not only was it refreshing rather than cloying, but the sulfide and rotten fruit scents were gone, and for the first time ever I actually tasted the notes of fruit that I always heard people I know rave about in good wines. This is amazing.

Anybody else tried this? If not, give it a try ASAP, you won't regret it.
>>
Spritzer.
>>
When I read the Golden Ass there was that bit where she would mix him goblets of wine with warm water and then snatch the goblet away from him while he drank and drain the rest herself. I thought it was kind of sexy so I tried to act it out with an imaginary parter while masturbating.

It's not that nice. Just tastes like watered down wine, oddly enough.
>>
This is why people hate America.
>>
>>7391274
I just Googled that, I guess this was a thing already and I'm just late to the party. Don't those use club soda though? I use club soda with my brandy for a brandy and soda, but I just used water this time. Is club soda tastier with the wine?

>>7391284
I thought it really improved the flavor, but maybe just the wine being watered down was enough for my bitch ass to like it.

>>7391285
It's not a thing here, at least where I've been. Can't knock someone for trying to discover new stuff.
>>
>>7391295
>It's not a thing here
I've seen people drink wine with ice.
>>
>>7391304
I've only ever seen chilled wine myself, though to be fair virtually no one I've ever known drank wine. Most opted for beer or some sort of hard liquor.
>>
>>7391263
This was a thing in ancient Greece because ancient wine was terrible.

If you're getting sulfur smell you can air out the wine a bit. Serving it at below room temperature, and not buying shit quality wine also helps.
>>
yes, this, totally sounds like a /ck/ thing.
>>
The Greeks also drank diluted vinegar on hot summer days, too. That doesn't mean it's a good drink.

The "notes of fruit" are usually found on young wines, not watered down industrial port.
>>
>>7391263
my grandfather would add grape juice to his wine, made it easier on his stomach. It tastes good desu
>>
>>7391659
romans would dilute their wine with water cause that made it safe to drink
>>
>>7391659
>Serving it at below room temperature
Tell me more?
>>
Here's another trick the ancients used to make wine more palatable: when making the wine, boil the grape must in a lead vessel, this will add a little sweetness to your wine. Give it a try OP!
>>
>>7393178
Serve the wine below room temperature
>>
>beer and wine made water safe to drink
there's not enough alcohol to sanitize the water, and they just didn't want to get drunk all the time.

you should try looking for wines with lower alcohol percentages, i've seen some that go down to 5% or so. maybe you'll like those more.
>>
Always, unless it's spectacularly tasty.

Except at a big dinner, I will have it straight.

example: Easter dinner, 30+ people, big to do. I grab a cup of ice and fill it with wine and seltzer and drink like that until dinner. Then I have a glass of wine while I eat. then back to iced wine until later, when the men switch to liquor and everyone gets hammered
>>
A friend of mine introduced me to adding a few splashes of lemon-lime soda to cheap white wine e.g. the kind that comes in large jugs or boxes. You want to add enough that it makes it nicer to drink but not enough that you can tell it's been heavily adulterated.

He learned that from the kids in France who do that during parties.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.