[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Absinthe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: absinthe.jpg (146KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
absinthe.jpg
146KB, 800x1200px
So I just bought a bottle of absinthe.

I don't drink too often but I've read how this stuff fucks you up beyond belief.

What am I in for?
>>
>>7384421
Absolutely nothing. It's categorically false that the amount of wormwood in absinthe can cause psychosis.
>>
It doesn't. It's exactly the same as other alcoholic beverages, except absinthe tends to have a higher ABV.
>>
>>7384424
Incorrect. Op is a novice drinker who knows little about the effects of alcoholic beverages. He could be in for vomiting followed by a hangover followed by regret.
>>
>>7384421
Alcohol that tastes a bit like Licorice/anise and possibly some other herbs. There's no chance of getting any kind of fucked up other than drunk of absinthe.
>>
>>7384421
Don't be like me. Don't drink this stuff. Little green fairies fly out of bottle and mind control you. They made me kill my family and rape my dog. Now I post on 4chan from a prison library in between daily assblasting from 300 lbs, bald, one-eyed nigra named Tiny.

DON'T DRINK ABSINTHE!
>>
>>7384421
Absinthe fucks you up more because it is very high proof and is only consumed by dumb faggots who don't know how to drink.
>>
>>7384421

you're in for getting drunk if you drink a bunch of it
>>
>>7384421
>What am I in for?
wasting your money
>>
>>7384421
>I've read how this stuff fucks you up beyond belief.

It's 70% ABV, if you're getting fucked up on it then you haven't watered it down enough.

I hope you weren't looking for some sort of other effects because that was from toxins and heavy metals used to dye bathtub absinthe like two hundred years ago.
>>
>>7384501
I wouldn't say that, my buddy and I split a bottle once because we wanted to try it. Had it the traditional way with sugar lumps and ice water. Tasty but not exactly mind-expanding.
>>
It's high content so drink half the quantity you normally would. There are no special psychoactive effects
>>
>>7384421
Dissapointment, like when a girls asks you to take of your panties
>>
>>7384519
>>7384424
>>7384428
>>7384429
>>7384454
>>7384515
>>7384519
These are all correct.

My mother, of all fucking people, invited me to an absinthe party (or abby-synth, as she called it) years back. This was back when they 'reintroduced' it here in the states or maybe it was always here and just became popular.

She got the glasses, the spoons, sugar cubes, everything.

When prepared correctly it's kind of good if you like anise.

She had fun with it, though, and yeah, it's really strong if undiluted.

As mentioned before, any historical accounts of trippin' nuts were likely due to the very high ABV and heavy metal toxicity (likely mercury and/or lead).
>>
File: opie.jpg (18KB, 339x400px) Image search: [Google]
opie.jpg
18KB, 339x400px
>>7384531
OP has to learn.
>>
>>7384421
Try it without sugar as well as with. Don't bother tasting it neat. Well, maybe just try one sip to sample the alckie experience.
>>
The only thing I ever felt from absinthe was a slightly different type of intoxication. It feels more warm.
>>
>>7384421
>70%
>70°
Does this bother anyone else or am I just an autist?
>>
>>7384582
Apparently "Jacques Senaux 70°" is actually the name of the product and not an indication of degrees proof.
I don't think the EU even uses degress proof.
>>
>>7384547

Not mercury or lead. Copper.
>>
>>7384421
No hallucinations, but you will have literally the worst hangover of your life.
This is coming from a seasoned alcoholic
>>
Sugar was used in the olden days because the sheer bitterness of the herbs and shit quality alcohol used.

You may find this vid helpful and/or informative at least.

https://youtu.be/OxOGv6jHRKE
>>
>>7384421
It goes down smooth and its very strong alcohol.

That's how it 'fucks you up', OP

But if you wanna get blackout drunk that shit'll make you crazy. Especially if you shoot 'absinthe bombs' dropped in beer like some savage.
>>
>>7384561
No, no. Do it neat!

I suspect half the reputation it has was just people getting way fucked up drunk by doing this. Plus you piss off all the goth and hipster kiddies by 'doing it rong'.

Fuck your 'ritual' I wanna get destroyed.
>>
Just score some gel tabs & pair with your favorite liquor.
>>
There's not enough of the psychoactive ingredient to make you see anything.
But it's usually high proof so you get pretty shittered
Not worth the price
>>
File: 3244265659_927de3bc24.jpg (147KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
3244265659_927de3bc24.jpg
147KB, 375x500px
>>7385672
You're not going to get way fucked up drunk by watering it down to ~40% you cockgobbler.
The people watering it down with a bit of sugar were the people enjoying themselves with good company at garden parties, waiting patiently around an ice fountain for the glass to fill up drop by drop.
>>
be careful with it, once I injected 10 grams of pure crystalised absinthe. woke up on a bench with a sore ass and pee stained jeans.
>>
>>7384547
did you bang her?
>>
>>7384421
Absinthe is just a fairly strong bitter alcohol. There is nothing special about it. The historical accounts of it being some demon drink are all nonsense. Chemistry shows us that the stuff from the wormwood won't have any affect (though I understand it is a possible carcinogen). The reports of hallucinations and such were probably caused by heavy metals and god knows what chemicals that were used in making it in folks bathtubs and car radiators, just like moonshine and the vodka crisis in the early 2000s.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.