[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

kale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: kale1.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
kale1.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
Is it really THAT good for you, or is it just a meemee?
>>
>>7366338
Why not look up its nutritional content and decide for yourself? The numbers ought to make the answer pretty damn obvious.
>>
File: 1448294073752.png (74KB, 156x199px) Image search: [Google]
1448294073752.png
74KB, 156x199px
>>7366341
because i'm a millennial and want everything handed to me
>>
Just eat spinach
>>
If your diet is halfway balanced, you get all of your required nutrients anyway, so there is really no need to eat these "nutritious" meme foods like kale and spinach. Consuming a hundred times your vitamin K and A needs doesn't do anything for your health. These kinds of foods are only required if the rest of your diet is total garbage (for example, a vegan who eats mostly white rice, oil and wheat).
>>
>>7366389

>"You don't really need to eat these nutritious foods if you already eat nutritious foods."
>>
>>7366338
It's just a meme.
It's good for you, but it tastes like such shit that you can get perfectly fine amount of nutrition in most diets that aren't pure fast food.
Until kale became a meme, the biggest buyer for it was Round Table Pizza who used it to decorate their salad bar.
Not as one of the ingredients, just as fluffy green filler in between the actual ingredients.
>>
>>7366616
Kale is delicious, just like pretty much every other kind of greens. I've been eating it all my life, and I will continue to eat it, whether kids on the internet brand it as a meme or not.
>>
>>7366389
W-what if I like kale..
>>
>>7366616
Least it isn't Chia level meme
>>
>tfw sitting after eating kale and see little undigested pieces of kale

FIBER
I
B
E
R
>>
>>7366338
My mom always puts it in the oven with salt and then they get really crispy. I dont know exactly how she makes them because the lives abroad but if you ont like kale you could try to make it this way its great eventhough I normally hate it
>>
>>7366632
people will tell you you are a liar and will insult you.
>>
I fry a wokful of kale with a tiny bit of garlic as a snack before I go out on the weekend. Feels good.
>>
I feel the need to point out the stunning and brave faggotry of OP.
>>
File: 1401175208686.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1401175208686.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>7366666
WITNESSED
>>
>>7366389

>thinly veiled assault on vegetable eaters
>implying the average american actually gets all the recommended nutrients
>implying kale only has vitamin a and k

nice try there kiddo
>>
>>7366616
I like the taste of kale.
>>
Kale is delicious as fuark.
But it is a winter green and needs to be exposed to temperatures below zero for the taste to really come through.
>>
My poor brother got named Kale. My mother was a memer.
>>
>>7366666
>tfw sitting
>>
>>7366658
Chia seeds are good
>>
>>7366389
>spinach
>meme food
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>7366338
It's very healthy, and what makes it better is that it doesn't taste as bitter as other vegetables with the same nutritional content.

Also, many traditional European dishes use it so it's not a meme in Europe.
>>
File: 1453597836342.jpg (62KB, 555x503px) Image search: [Google]
1453597836342.jpg
62KB, 555x503px
>>7366338
Kale isn't _the_ healthiest food, but in terms of price and availability it is easily one of the most practical foods as a staple for a healthy diet.

>>7366341
Nutritional labels tend to only list the currently accepted essential nutrients, but a lot of why kale(and other leafy greens) are so healthy is because of all the other non-essential nutrients that have benefits(this is still a currently active field of scientific inquiry). So nutritional labels only gives you a part of the information. Having said all that, kale still rates pretty high in the nutrients-to-calories score.

>>7366369
Spinach is great too, I like to alternate between it and kale.

>>7366616
>Until kale became a meme, the biggest buyer for it was Round Table Pizza who used it to decorate their salad bar.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kale#Origins

>>7366658
Chia is actually healthy though.

>>7366666
Masticate harder.
>>
>>7366666
iktf

especially after a night of drinking, shitting the kale salad the next day is like shitting pure kale chunks

used to hit up this grocery store that had a salad bar that charged by pound. loaded it with kale, gorgonzola and sun dried tomatoes

it was cheaper than buying the items separately.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.