[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best cuts of beef for broth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (52KB, 800x478px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
52KB, 800x478px
What cuts of beef are best for making homemade beef broth? I know I need to use roasted bones, but what cuts would give me the best flavor? I'm not too concerned about texture because I add unflavored gelatin before canning it.
I use a lot of beef stock in my cooking, but I rarely cook beef. I would perfer homemade to store bought.
>>
Why do you add gelatin? enough should come out from the boiling
>>
>>7356653
Whatever's cheapest
I usually do neck bones and/or back ribs
>>
>>7356657
First off, you don't bring it to a boil. That makes it cloudy and muddy tasting.
Second, I'm only using a few bones and more meat. I value flavor over texture, you can add texture with gelatin.
>>
>>7356668
I make broth with more bones/less meat, bring it to a boil AND don't use gelatine and it turns out just fine.
>>
>>7356831
You can make your broth however you want.
That's not how I'm going to make mine.
>>
I'd imagine that the flavor that comes from rendering is the same as slow-cooked flavor. Shouldn't you just use fatty, tough cuts?
>>
>>7357378
I'm thinking that muscle groups that get worked more will have a beefier flavor; shank, round, brisket, chuck. You don't really want fatty cuts, too much fat can ruin the flavor if a broth. But you can reduce the fat by browning and draining the meat first.
>>
Cooks did an article that said they ahd the best bet with urger. More browning, more surface area, more flavor. But, that may have been for doing a quick beef broth...
>>
>>7356653
>Ameripeasants
>>
Whatever you use, brown them in the oven first.

I just but the cheapest beef bones the meat section has. It's stock, it's better than the bought stuff by virtue of not being 95% salt and preservatives.
>>
>>7359068
Actually I'm looking to make a broth, not stock.
>>
>>7359146

Take stock. Season it. Now you have broth.

The browning of the meat/bones is the same.
>>
>>7356668
>>7356840
>>7359146
You seem insufferable to be around
>>
i cin imagine more yogurt bein toastier den a can french fry for peaches or moere dangerous fur that mater
>>
>>7359147
Stock is made with mostly bones.
Broth is made with mostly meat.

>>7359170
0/10
Apply yourself
>>
bone in plate works well, as does the knuckles. The knuckles will give you the gelatin that you mentioned you add anyway. Bones off a prime rib will work as well, if you had prime rib for dinner the night before!
>>
>>7359202
We don't eat much beef, so it is not efficient to just collect scraps.
>>
>>7359189
There's no reason to be a cunt when asking for advice.
Why don't you apply yourself and google your question. I'm guessing you're here to be condescending.
>>
>>7359219
Oh and after about 5 minutes of googling, I'd probably go with brisket or chuck.
>>
>>7359219
>There's no reason to be a cunt when asking for advice.
Nice try, but I'm not acting like a cunt.
>Why don't you apply yourself and google your question.
I already did.
>>7357418
I'm thinking that muscle groups that get worked more will have a beefier flavor; shank, round, brisket, chuck.

>I'm guessing you're here to be condescending.
You guessed wrong.
>>
>>7359261
Lol ok certainly not being nice. You have your answer now, enjoy your beef broth.
>>
>>7359279
Aww, poor widdle anon. Someone wasn't nice to you?!?!
You should go tell your mom about it.
>>
>>7359334 (You)
>>
>>7359334
I didnt know autists were on /ck/
>>
>>7359348
Did you get here five minutes ago?
>>
I don't think it cost effective to make your own
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.