[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is bottled water for real? Can anyone actually tell the difference?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: d-italian-bottled-waters-dpv.jpg (863KB, 918x568px) Image search: [Google]
d-italian-bottled-waters-dpv.jpg
863KB, 918x568px
Is bottled water for real? Can anyone actually tell the difference?
>>
>>7356631

when you're in china or south america, you can certainly tell the difference between bottled water and poisonous tap water
>>
>>7356631
It really depends on where you are. Tap water is good in some places, not so good in others and downright sketchy elsewhere. I'm drinking tap water right now and consider myself lucky to live in a place where the tap water is good. Not everyone is so lucky.
>>
I live below an old quarry so all of my water tastes like blood (iron), yeah it fucking does.
>>
>>7356650
This. The tap water in my city is garbage, I've poured some bottled water into a glass and compared it side-by-side, and just at a glance you can tell a difference in how it looks compared to the tap water.

But I've been to lots of places with perfectly good tap water that I drink the hell out of.
>>
>>7356631

water in my city is fine, but i filter and chill it anyway because why not.

Though personally I enjoy the taste of seltzer water so I buy it at the store. Love dem bubbles.
>>
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/for-the-people-of-flint-hope--and-clean-water--remains-elusive/2016/02/06/1a6013c0-caa0-11e5-88ff-e2d1b4289c2f_story.html
>>
Ask a water sommelier.

http://www.businessinsider.com/i-went-to-a-water-tasting-with-a-water-sommelier-and-it-was-not-nearly-as-crazy-as-you-think-2015-6
>>
>>7356631
The water in your image is carbonated, so if you can't tell the difference then you've got brain problems or your tap water is horrendous.
>>
>>7356656
Same here, the water that comes out of the taps here is so fucking cloudy and disgusting. I forgot to switch out the little filter in my water bottle and after some time, a little rock formed in it from all the crap it managed to filter out. I really gotta buy a filter for my tap at some point too.
>>
>>7356811
Thankfully where I live the tap water is good, but I have gotten used to buying clean water from when I lived in Mexico. I pay 3.75 to fill up my 3 5-gallon water jugs. Theres 8 of us in the house and we only have to refill the water like every 4-6 weeks.
>>
>>7356631
Europe? No you won't tell the difference.
3rd world? Tap water can literally kill you.
>>
>>7356631
ı live in bursa turkey man ı rarely go other places but the tap water from where ı live is the pure healing pot compared to others it tastes like heaven
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
Enjoy your expensive tap water.
>>
>>7357533
>mfw i live in sacramento and we have some sort of carcinogen in our tap
>>
>>7356631
Bottled water serves two purposes:
>Saving people from shitty tap water
>Making restaurants money
In most of central and northern Europe, tap water is better than any bottled water you can buy.
>>
>>7357533
I mean I don't care for bottled water but to be fair it does say it's filtered etc.
>>
>>7357533
>purified by reverse osmosis
are you illiterate. do you even know what reverse osmosis is
>>
>>7357086
>8 people
>4-6 weeks to go through 15 gallons of water
I go through about a gallon a day by myself, what the fuck are you drinking
>>
>in upstate NY
I'd be dehydrated most of the time if I didn't have bottled water. Or I guess my mouth would get used to the hard water.

>in New York City
Bottled water is a waste of money

It all depends on where you are.
>>
>san pellegrino
You've never tried it if you think you can't tell the difference, or soda destroyed your taste buds. It may not be enough of an incentive to buy it but it's certainly not the same.
My favourite waters are vittel and the tap water of my grandfather's house. The tap water of my current place is pretty bland.
>>
>>7358580
>The tap water of my current place is pretty bland
Water is rarely remembered for its exciting flavour.
>>
>>7358589
Depends.
My current place's tap water is purified river water but at my grandfather's it's basically spring water.
Living in the mountains is nice.
>>
>>7356631
If you live in an area with shitty water you need bottled water, at least to drink.
>>
tap water in canada is fucking choice, so between flat water and tap water: no, not really, though some flat water brands like smart water have a distinct taste.

i can definitely tell the difference between carbonated mineral water and tap water though, and can distinguish between different brands of carbonated mineral water. stuff like perrier and san pelligrino really helped me quit drinking.
>>
>tfw when living in country with highest quality subterranean water sources in the world
>tfw your tap water > any other
>>
>>7356631
The plutocrats in Flint, MI can tell the difference.
>>
>All these Americans who think they live in a developed country but still have to buy bottled water

No but seriously, I went to visit family in Oregon and they had like big slabs of bottled water. I don't get it since Ausfag water is fine and I think most homes have their own filtration in the taps anyways.

Have any of you niggas tried that Black water? I mean gimmick aside does it have a different mouthfeel?
>>
>>7356631
In Flint you can.
>>
>>7358988
come on now. the gov said its okay to drink and bath in. so drink up! just as good as distilled water
>>
I'm from Finland and as far as I can tell, we have clean tap water.
Last summer, I visited the UK and noticed a distinct taste of chlorine in the water. I did travel around England and Scotland and everytime no matter the place I went to, there was always that hint of chlorine in the water.
Why does the UK have shit water, guys?
>>
>>7356631
To answer your question OP some bottled water taste different than others. I've noticed some leave a weird after taste in my mouth. Most bottled water in the US taste exactly the same. I've been to some third world countries and noticed a variety of different tastes in their bottled water. The grossest are the ones that leave a milky after taste.
>>
>>7359067
Cant vouch for the rest of the uk, but where I'm from in the south east, we have a lot of chalk in the ground, the water round here has a very distinctive taste and will utterly fuck a kettle in about 3 months with limescale. Some areas has water so chalky it's cloudy. Safe to drink from the tap, just not recommended
>>
>>7359136

South Downs water. I'm lucky in that mine comes from a reservoir (also south east), but I know that my area is an anomaly in the region for not having hard water.
>>
>>7359144
>tfw south florida aquifer
almost makes living in mosquito-mordor worth it
>>
>>7356631
Water in my area is super heavy, got a lot of minerals and calcium, so I usually like bottled and we get delivery for cheap.

That said, I don't mind tap and good tap tastes no different
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.