[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

oatmeal and oats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: oatmeal_cookies_oatmeal.jpg (58KB, 580x362px) Image search: [Google]
oatmeal_cookies_oatmeal.jpg
58KB, 580x362px
Oatmeal is so god damn good, so lets talk about it. It pairs with literally any fruit, tons of savory foods, as bread or pure mush. I've been eating this shit for years every single morning and I still look forward to it every day.
So what do you put in your morning oatmeal? or whats some other ways to use it?

perfect oatmeal: honey, cinnamon, salt, almond milk, blueberries and a full banana. fuck that shits good
>>
Does it go well with anything that's not fruit or yogurt. I kinda wanna try it again but got bored of it after my second can.
>>
I'm quite plain when it comes to oatmeal, I just add a pinch of vanilla sugar
>>
pickled vegetables
>>
I throw in a tablespoon or two of raw cacao, cook it with milk, then add a scoop of protein powder. Tastes pretty good.
>>
>>7338382
try adding some peanut butter or an egg with avocado
>>
File: a.gif (577KB, 1162x1065px) Image search: [Google]
a.gif
577KB, 1162x1065px
these fucking meme cut oats. never again. they aren't even better and they take forever to cook and they're STILL chewy as hell.

anyway.. I put pecans/walnuts and maple syrup in my oatmeal usually.
>>
>>7338417
Reminds me of my brother, he adds peanut butter, chocolate milk powder and cubes of butter to his oats
>>
>>7338447
>chocolate milk powder

genius
>>
I love oats. Unfortunately right now I'm in the process of losing weight and am not eating carbs. I miss oat more than anything pretty much.

Anyways, my go to at recipe is with apples and pears. I peel an apple and/or pear and throw it in from the start of cooking. By the time the oats finish cooking the fruit is nice and soft but still holds its texture. I cook the oats in water but after I pour them into a bowl I add a little bit of cold milk and finish off with either honey or maple syrup.

Once a month I'll have it with a banana and nutella but that's almost cheating in life, it's like eating ice cream for breakfast.
>>
>>7338523
>Not eating carbs
Enjoy feeling like utter and total shit anon.

I soak my oats in water overnight if i get the chance and cook them in the morning. Honey, fresh berries banana and peanut butter all work well for me; I'm new to savoury oats though, so can anyone recommend something to get me started?
>>
Pumpkin seeds
>>
Stevia and cinnamon.
>>
Toasting oats and then mixing with fruit and yogurt is fantastic. Or you could just buy it already toasted I guess.
>>
- a ribbon of Nutella with lots of berries throughout
- as a dish with sausage, fried egg, tomato, like a British thing
>>
>>7338612
Does soaking the oats actually do anything?
>>
>>7338612
New to savory? Try oats with a poached egg, or some fried lardons. I sometimes mix some marinara and garlic into the oats when cooking, but many people don't like it. Also, oats are great with beer, though it's not really a breakfast food.
>>
>>7338612
Try a bit of butter and salt, oats tend to be rather savory alone, without sugar. Poached eggs are great. I suggest keeping it simple, I personally don't care for adding a bunch of shit to my oats, for savory: some butter, a few bits of bacon and a poached egg, maybe some onion, usually nothing more.
>>
>>7338665
Breaks them down and makes them creamy without having to use milk anon, it's a way of cooking them with nothing but water very quickly.
>>
I usually throw in some frozen blueberries and raspberries
>>
I did my first overnight oats yesterday, I'm pretty much converted to oats now.

Almond milk, quark, oats, chocolate protein powder.
For tomorrow I'll pass on the powder and use some honey.
>>
>>7339222
why does everyone use almond milk nowadays.
>>
>>7339230
I use unsweetened almon milk because the nutritional profile is pretty nice and I like the taste way better when used in shakes and now in overnight oats.
>>
>taking half an hour to make oats in the morning

how the fuck do people do it, I love the stuff but cooking it properly takes so long
>>
>>7339278
>water + oats in microwave for 2.5 mins
literally tastes the same as cooking it for 30 mins
>>
>>7339278
>how the fuck do people do it

They use either instant or "quick cook" oats.

Or, you cook it while you're doing something else. I cook oatmeal in my rice cooker. I set it first thing, then go take a shower, shave & various other morning tasks. Oatmeal is waiting for me when I'm done.
>>
>>7339278

It takes max 10 minutes
>>
>>7338612
>Enjoy feeling like utter and total shit anon.

I've been under 25 grams of carbs a day for the past 6 months. I feel pretty damn good. A few months left and I'll be at the weight I want to be at.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.