[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how did you start cooking? my boyfriend really wants me to cook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (32KB, 1269x178px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 1269x178px
how did you start cooking?
my boyfriend really wants me to cook for him but my family didn't really teach me how to cook, except for like really healthy /fit/ type food. My go to meal is basically a piece of steamed meat and a lot of sautéed vegetables. so how do I start branching out and cooking more interesting stuff?
>>
>>7326670
>how did you start cooking?
I found out that you can actually prepare food yourself and that you don't have to eat your parent's food forever

My parents' food is the reason why I thought I disliked steak, most vegetables, fish, and so many other things

>how do I start branching out
watch food network TV, particularly good eats because the show is literally for babbies
>>
>>7326670
Watch cooking shows a lot. I always cooked a little bit since I was a kid and my mom showed me how to make a few dishes, but I didn't really branch out until I moved out and started watching tons of Cooking Channel/Food Network shows. You see interesting stuff on TV, then you look up a recipe so you can re-create it. Whatever you do, don't buy a cookbook. 9 times out of 10 it'll be some garbage aimed at fucktards who can only operate a slow cooker.
>>
>>7326702
>>7326684
these. TV is great. people shit on shows like chopped and cutthroat kitchen, but I think they are great because they show what you can do with different ingredients, what tastes good, what mistakes are common, what things are good substitutes and workarounds, etc
>>
>>7326878
Chopped and cutthroat kitchen are awful for if you want to learn how to cook
People probably shit on those shows because of the awful judges
>>
>>7326670
Youtube.

Best thing since sliced bread.

Want to cook a Mezkin meal? Search youtube until you find some Mezkin you can barely understand making the shit you want to make.

Asian? Same thing.

Need to know the difference between sweating and sauteing veggies? Fucking youtube.

How to properly cook a steak? Youtube again.
>>
>>7326670
E,Neither,Z,E?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.