[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never eaten here before. How is it? Should I not waste

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Panera.jpg (3KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
Panera.jpg
3KB, 192x192px
I've never eaten here before. How is it? Should I not waste my time by going there? What should I get?
>>
>>7316741
its the starbucks of sandwich shops.

in other words, over priced hipster shit.
>>
Mediterranean veggie sandwich is great.. Lotta chopped peppadews in that
but its like $7.
and if you get any soft food, its the tiniest container... like, what youd put condiments in is what the food comes in, and its priced high. Not fast food quality by any means, but after spending $12, youll want to go eat an actual meal elsewhere
>>
>>7317059
Can confirm

I eat there if I have a gift card, otherwise not happening. They do have some tasty stuff, but yea it's way over priced. Over $10 for a small cup of soup and half a sandwich, or I can take my happy ass over to chipotle and get like 1.5 pounds of delicious for $6.50.

Also I'm salty that they took off the menu the chipotle chicken sandwich. Shit was tasty
>>
They sell apples there for like $2

an apple

It's right next to a grocery store.

how do they do this?
>>
>>7316741
Hello, Anon!
Panera Bread certified former grandmaster of line production worker here! I've made threads about the store before.

I'm tasked with the painstaking task of putting your orders together! With my quick wits and trusty monitor that displays the ingredients and build order of every menu item, we get your food out quicker than any untrained monkey could.

Fortunately trained monkeys are a food safety violation, so my job isn't at risk!

>>7316771

Is inaccurate. It's not the Starbucks of sandwich shops.

We serve more than sandwiches!

Still, the food is priced at a point that allows for serious consideration of getting food somewhere else.

Fortunately I'm here to give you some money-saving tips!

Salads are cheap! They might not seem cheap, but there's a secret that allows you to gets salads anywhere from 15 to 50% off!

It's called double-halving, and it's a bug in the register system that hasn't been fixed!

For maximum savings, you'll want to order a classic salad: I recommend our you-pick-two with the thai chicken flatbread and a half classic salad!

Now if you don't want to feel like a stickler at the register, you can order this online at panerabread.com!

The money-saving secret comes in ordering the salad. Get extra everything! On a classic salad, this is free! The register only recognizes meats and cheeses as additional charges.

If you're bold and do it at the register, ask for it in a whole salad container! Now you have a $7.58 salad for $3.79! Your total order cost will be $8.48, and this will only be 430 calories! This is excluding your free side (chips, an apple, or a piece of french baguette that will more likely than not be lukewarm from sitting out for an hour). Get a drink, and you'll have the option to get a pastry for 99 cents!
>>
>>7317078
When I worked there, our store was in a walmart parking lot. I noticed we sold banana's for 99 cents each.

I asked my manager "Hey, isn't it like 99 cents for a bunch of bananas at Walmart?"

His response was "Nobody's making them buy it here."
>>
We had a "PaneraCares" that fed niggers for free, ruined a good Chicago neighborhood. They had fucking bouncers to corral the bums and everything. Shithole shutdown last year and the niggers cried raycisms.
>>
>>7317072
>Chiptole

Overpriced as fuck and enjoy your salmonella.
>>
>>7317233
Is that one of those donation based "pay what you can" establishments? We have one of those and it's only open for like 3 hours a day.
>>
>>7316771
>its the starbucks of sandwich shops.
true
>hipster shit.
hipster?! more like soccer mom.
>>
Its a chain thats aimed at the middle class female market. The food is medicore, overpriced for what it is. Its slightly better quality than buying food at those cafe things in some of the nicer supermarkets. I would say they focus way more on i,age projection and atmosphere, its a place that wants to feel classier than it is, a place you go with your friends to sit around tweeting, taking #casualselfies and bitch about amy from yoga class, god she is such a fucking bitch seriously and her bag is so last year.
>>
they have really good bread

thats about it.
>>
>>7317292
Not even remotely. Specially if you don't bitch out and actually get all the sides, and extras of them as well. Just not the meat so your price won't go up. But let me guess you're like a meat, rice, and mild salsa kinda douche nozzle amirite

Try spending $6.50 anywhere else and get that quality and quantity of food. Not gonna happen.

As far as the salmonella goes. Shit happens some times, and then you deal with it. With them under a microscope and In need of repairing their image I would bet my ridiculous government pension that they are utilizing and implementing food safety standard like never before.
>>
>>7317380
I kek'd
>>
>>7317380
>god she is such a fucking bitch seriously and her bag is so last year.
Funny, but that's taking things a little too far. The kind of women who live in places where Panera is an option aren't in touch enough with fashion to know what's in this year. We're talking women whose smugness comes from the fact that they're at Panera instead of Dunkin Donuts, and they drove there in an SUV instead of a minivan.
>>
oh hay another panera thread

Former BTS (baker side manager, pretty much) here. Left for a reason.

Ask me anything about anything that's not the cash register.
>>
>>7317994
'nera is OK. My wife asks me to take her there sometimes. It's kind of expensive for what you get, usually I'd rather go somewhere else. Food is actually pretty good though.

The first time I went I tried to order chicken pesto in a bread bowl, but they said the pasta dishes were too big for the bread bowls and they wouldn't do it. Then when I got my bowl it was super tiny, definitely not enough for what I paid. Pretty sure it would have fit in one of their bread bowls.
On second thought the price isn't a big deal because usually when I take my wife there her boyfriend pays.
>>
File: KfucOsR.png (783KB, 802x523px) Image search: [Google]
KfucOsR.png
783KB, 802x523px
>>7318086
>when I take my wife there her boyfriend pays.

Sounds like you got half a serving of the pasta instead of the full, which was a mistake that you probably could have gotten fixed.
>>
>>7317233
>good chicago neighborhood
>>
>>7317994
How's the frozen macaroni and what do you do with leftover bagels?
>>
They sell a lot of half sandwiches, which makes me think... what happens to the other half? Am I getting the other half of someone's sandwich? Do they just leave them there? Am i paying for a full sandwich, and they are throwing the other half out?
>>
"Panera Bread: We know you don't give a fuck. We know your girlfriend doesn't care!"

Generally for "aspirational" people, caters to people who feel too good for fast food. Decent soup though. Goes well with the half sandwich. Watched my brother lay down 15 bucks for a whole sandwich and a coffee and I just felt bad for him and mad at the place.
Overpriced. But not terrible. They sell ambiance to Young-At-Heart-Urban-Professionals. But they put out cups for water by the fountain. If I'm walking by I'll dip in and steal some hibiscus tea or whatever.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.