[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

APPLES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: cortland_apples_1332702858_main.jpg (231KB, 600x380px) Image search: [Google]
cortland_apples_1332702858_main.jpg
231KB, 600x380px
What's you favorite varietals of apple, /ck/? Mine are Cortlands and Granny Smiths

btw, Red Delicious is a shit-tier apple
>>
Red delicious ftw senpai
>>
Jack
>>
Pears are superior in every way.
>>
>>7312341
i'll admit it's probably the prettiest apple, but looks is all the Red Delicious has going for it
>>
>>7312335
love granny smiths, are there any other kinds of apple that are tart like that?
>>
Pink Lady's are goat.
Crisp and a little sour, great texture, not overly sweet or priced like Honeycrisp.
>>
>>7312335
>>7312355
>>7312356
GALA
A
L
A
>>
Red delicious here
>>
F U J I
>>
>>7312355
Braeburn apples are probably the next tart leaning apple that you can find pretty easily, not as tart as Granny Smiths though
>>
>>7312370
weeb
>>
>>7312335
Royal Gala
>>
>>7312356
>Honeycrisp
yeah disappointing apple. i read they were supposed to be the juiciest apple, larger cells or some shit, but i didn't notice any real difference. plus, they cost more than twice as much as the other apples for sale ($3.99/lb. opposed to ~$1.50/lb. for others)
>>
>>7312475
>$3.99/lb
Jesus, where do you live?
>>
they all taste the same
>>
Spartans are my favourite.
>>
>>7312335
Honey crisp, jazz, an ice cold and fresh red delicious and pink crisp are God tier.

Fuji, gala, granny smith are meh and undaventrous tier

Golden delicious, brae burn are shit tier

Arkansas black, pippen, and Rome are why would you buy those awful tier.

There are a few other various types I left off cause they aren't as common but I'm a produce manager of a major chain so my list is official
>>
I just tried an Opal and it was definitely top tier. at this time of year I will eat Gala and Cripps Pinks with a sideeye nut basically all the good apples are over by now. Most of the new varieties like Junami and Jazz and whatnot are sickly sweet to me

a real, heritage Red Delicious will change your life. It's possibly the best apple I've ever had except for a fresh off the tree Mac but it is rare and you need to get it in season. It's a song in the mouth and the reason everynigger went out and ruined the brand to make money
>>
>>7312706
Enjoy your super sugary apples. I'll take all the tart and crisp fuckers (pippen, arkansas black, winesap, pink pearl, stayman)
>>
>>7312351
this

and cook with quinces
>>
mac and those tiny sour ones that grow wild
>>
Gala and Pink Lady apples are my favorites.

I like Winesaps for baking.
>>
uhhhhh, like, you know, green ones
>>
Piiiiiiink lady.
>>
Jonathan
>>
Royala Gala and the bastard apples of my parent's tree
>>
>>7312335
>that disappoint feel when coming back to America from Japan and Fuji apples are extremely tiny and mealy in the states
>>
>>7312335
>not eating asian pears instead
oh ok
>>
Ambrosia are GOAT
>>
who /crabapples/ here
>>
Elstar
>>
Honeycrisp. Anything else is substandard pleb shit.
>>
>>7312335
I once had an apple with super pink flesh, like a beautiful yet subtle rose. Any idea what they were?
>>
>>7312357
Gala is literally the perfect apple. Hueg and sweet.
>>
>>7312335
stayman
>>
I fuckin love Fuji, but they're impossible to get here.
>>
I work produce, who wants to know the most popular and least popular apples.
>>
>>7315583
What do the richest people buy?
>>
>>7315249
There are quite a few pink apples, actually. Maybe a pink pearl?

>>7315583
Do tell.
>>
>>7312356
Cheesy, but first time I ate a Pink Lady I described it as tasting like a dream.
>>
>>7312335
Anyone here have their own apple tree? Where can I buy an apple tree?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.