[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Falafel with Canned Chickpeas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (223KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
223KB, 1600x1200px
My falafel sucks because I have to use canned chickpeas. The dough always come out far too wet and adding flour didn't work. Insides are still mushy, not fluffy. Is there any way to fix this? The store I go to didn't appear to have any dry chickpeas and I'm not sure in town where the hell to go.
>>
>>7285767
Your town doesn't have any small markets that specialize in Indian/Asian/MidEast foods? That's where I always find dried chickpeas.

But failing that, you can still use canned chickpeas - you just need to drain them and then leave them sitting out for a while so they can dry a bit.
>>
Dried chickpeas should be incredibly easy to come by.

Alternatively, have you tried using chick pea flour instead of regular flour to dry your dough?
>>
>>7285790
You mean cement?
>>
dehydrate them in your oven.
>>
>>7285767 Dude. What kinda bud is that?
>>
>>7286276
This. I thought that was a huge bowl of some super dank ass weed at first. Disappointed desu
>>
>>7285779
>>7285909
Have you tried this. It sounds like it might not work since boiled chickeas contain less starch than just soaked ones, hence dehydrated boiled chickpeas should have as much binding capability. I'm only speculating though. Never tried since I always use dried.
>>
>>7286490
*not
>>
>>7285767

drain, rinse and toast them in the oven until they're the level dryness you want them to be.
>>
>>7285767
Can you get chickpea flour?
Are you able to order things from Amazon?

Here are some acceptable ways to make falafel:
>using fresh fava beans and chickpea flour
>using dried chickpeas
>using canned or fresh lima beans and chickpea flour
>using dried fava beans and dried chickpeas
>using canned fava beans and canned chickpeas with some kind of bean flour
>using canned chickpeas and potato starch or tapioca starch
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.