[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a Tim Hortons employee anything. >I'm the baker,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 3

File: tim-hortons-standard-store.jpg (645KB, 2940x1960px) Image search: [Google]
tim-hortons-standard-store.jpg
645KB, 2940x1960px
Ask a Tim Hortons employee anything.

>I'm the baker, so don't bother asking me cashier related questions
>>
>>7280491
What's your favorite donut and what province are you in?
>>
Why does every minimum-wage worker at a shitty chain restaurant think we want to ask them things?
>>
>>7280491
>baker
Oh fuck off. You're the doughnut equivalent to a burger flipper, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>7280498
I don't really eat any of the doughnuts but I guess I the chocolate glazed is pretty good. I'm in New Brunswick
>>
>>7280500
I find these threads pretty interesting so I figured I'd give it a try.
>>
>>7280504
Why so mad, friend? It's my title, what else do you want me to call myself? I'm aware that all we do is press buttons on an oven she wait a couple minutes.
>>
I've never eaten at one, if you've been to america how do their donuts stack up against krispy kreme
>>
>>7280518
Fast food clerk. You're not a baker, that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard.
You're an insignificant cog in the fast food machine. You're easily replaceable, have no education, knowledge, or training worth mentioning.
You're not a baker, you're a number in a company log book.
>>
>>7280500
>i was abused by my dad the post
>>
>>7280540
how much do you not like what you see when you look in the mirror anon
>>
>>7280535
Tim Horton's doughnuts are shit. Literally shipped frozen to the store by SYSCO and reheated by fast food monkeys like OP who fashion themselves as bakers.
>>
>>7280545
A few pounds and I could use a hair cut. But if I lost some weight and cut my own hair I wouldn't call myself a personal trainer and a barber, even though it would be more than what you do you button pusher.
>>
>>7280552
You fuck off, he's more a baker than someone who bakes some muffins at home and goes "lol I'm a baker xDD"

He bakes things, he is a baker. He's not calling himself a master chef or anything.

Care to briefly summarize a night's work, OP? I'm curious.
>>
>>7280558
Actually someone at home baking shit is more related than OP's bullshit job.
OP literally warms up frozen crap. That's it.
By the way a baker is an actual trade, at least here in Canada, and you need to get your Red Seal before calling yourself a baker. OP's "job title" is just corporate trying to pump his little ego so he thinks he's something special or is actually needed. Where in reality he's an easily replaceable button pusher.
>>
>>7280540
That other guy wasn't me. That's my job title, whether you like it or not. You can go cry about it if you like while I continue doing my job as a baker. Personally being a baker is pretty cool actually, but being a baker, which is what I am, can get a little shitty at times. As a baker I get tips just like the cashiers get which is cool. Some days I like being a baker and some days I don't. Did I mention that I'm a baker?
>>
>>7280535
They're alright, but I've never had American doughnuts before so I can't really compare
>>
>>7280574
>corporate listed baker as my job description
>tthrows frozen dough into the microwave
>I'm le baker kek!
>here's your freshly microwaved ffrozen dough that'll be $2.99 plus tip
>>
>>7280582
Yeah I know it's pretty cool being a baker like I am. In fact, I'd say I'm probably the best baker in the world, if it weren't for me Tim Hortons would fall to the ground. I'm the most important part of Tim Hortons ace it's pretty great. I love being a baker!
>>
Is Tim Horton's on the decline in Canada?

In the smallish town I'm from they're still the dominant chain but I moved to Toronto recently and I noticed that they barely have a presence downtown, maybe 1 Tim's to every 5 Starbucks.
>>
>>7280582
>>7280570
Why are you such an angry autist kek
>>
>>7280590
I guess throwing tendies into the microwave makes you a butcher too eh kid.
>>
>>7280570
I'd insult you but I feel like you're life is already shitty enough that you have to go on 4chan and try to shit talk someone for the job that they do. I'm sorry life didn't work out for you.
>>
>>7280597
Oh shit his did you guess my second job??
>>
>>7280540

This post just strikes me as needlessly mean-spirited and cruel, as though the author of the post hated himself or something.
>>
>>7280595
>>7280598
Are you triggered Redditors?
Sorry that some minimum wage fast food clerk isn't treated like a special snowflake and patted on the head when he says he's a baker by throwing frozen dough into a microwave.
Why are you even here? Slow night on /r/cucks?
>>
>>7280597
>>7280570
>>7280540
I'm suddenly reminded of a yapping chihuahua.

Why do you care so much?
>>
>>7280604
I don't think throwing frozen dough in a microwave would produce anything edible. Are you sure you know what you're talking about?
>>
>>7280605
I'm just making a factual statement. Not sure why you're all getting so fucking triggered. Then again I guess you all flip burgers too or some shit and fancy yourselves as burger artists or something.
>>
>>7280606
Unedible? Sounds like Tim Horton's.
>>
>>7280609
I actually work for T-Mobile probably making much more money than you do, but thanks for trying.
>>
>>7280617
That's not hard. I only make $25/h working in a grocery store stocking shelves, though I don't pretend to be a fucking... grocery artist or something.
>>
>>7280558
I work 12-6 pm every day and make minimum wage (10.50/hour ) basically, I go in and look at the show case. I see what we need and go to the freezer, grab what we need, and throw it into the oven and press some buttons, wait a couple minutes, take it out at glaze what needs glazing, then let them cool off and put them out front. I do that act wash the dishes until 2 pm because that's when most of the stuff becomes unfresh (they have 8 hours) so by 2, anything I make will be good for the rest of the day because the store closes at 10. So I remake everything and throw out what needs throwing out, make timbits, bagels, and muffins, then take my break at 4. I take a 30 minute break then I make some more things and then clean the kitchen until 6.

It's an alright job, I was fine with it but my hours are getting cut so I'm actually going to quit, lol. It can be pretty chill but also really shitty. I'm aware that I'm not a real baker, but I wanted to clarify what I was so that people wouldn't ask me things about being on cash because I wouldn't know the answer to them. What else would I say? >I'm not a cashier I'm a bagel/doughnut/muffin unfreezerer. I don't know why that guy is being so autistic about it
>>
Former Tim Horton's cashier here (though it's been well over 10 years).

I'm going to throw in some insights from the other side of the kitchen if anyone's interested.

Here's what I remember:

> Tim Horton's food all tastes the same.

I also worked at McDonald's in high school. It took me a lot longer to get sick of McDick's food than Tim Hortons'. All of their soups and sandwiches taste like heavily processed shit... It's on a level with those packaged subs you find in gas station fridges.

> The coffee has to be thrown out after 20 minutes.

Or maybe it's 30, I forget, but they were really into keeping the coffee fresh, we routinely dumped like 10 litres of it a day.

> We got a free meal.

I remember McDonald's only gave us a 50% off discount, I thought that was pretty fucking cheap of them. Also I'd often have 2 free meals at tims and the managers didn't care. At McDonald's you could legit get in trouble for taking food if it wasn't the night shift.

> Rush hour was insane.

It wasn't quite as bad as McDonald's but you really worked to the bone when it was busy at Tim Horton's. Jesus Christ I hated fast food.
>>
>>7280540
https://youtu.be/ha7smLPz2GY
Is this you my man?
>>
>>7280604
As a baker, the best baker, I actually can't get triggered. It comes with my awesome being-a-baker powers. You're not good enough to be as great as I am as an awesome baker, which is what I am, an awesome baker, so you're mad about it. It's understandable. Just have your snickers and go to bed, you'll be fine.
>>
>>7280593
I have no idea, most people where I'm at go to Tim Horton's so I don't think it is. At least just not where I am
>>
>>7280623
Well that's all you are, a shelf stocker. I understand that you're jealous of me being a great baker, not everyone can be so lucky as I am.
>>
>>7280636
>>7280649
kek

>>7280623
What the fuck grocery store pays that much
>>
>>7280623
Where the fuck do you work that pays $25/hr to stock shelves?

I honestly think you're full of shit.
>>
>>7280667
RCSS, unionized with UFCW 247, you can look at our contract online.
>>
File: he's right you know.jpg (109KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
he's right you know.jpg
109KB, 800x598px
>>7280570
>>
>>7280509
>I'm in New Brunswick
No shit? Same here man. Which town/city?
>>
>>7280535
Never been to Krispy Kreme.
I'm from Canada, live on a border town so I'm in the states often for gas/shopping, and Americans love their Dunkins, which is piss compared to Tim Horton's.

They even tried to open up a Tim Horton's in the States, and it's so fucking shitty.

Judging by some of the pictures though, I'd say Krispy Kreme doughnuts are probably better. But I'm a sucker for Tim Hortons' caffeine.
>>
>>7280651
>>7280667
It's probably unionized as most of them (eg Safeway) are.
>>
>>7280888
Moncton my nigga
>>
>>7280626
don't worry, he's just mad that being a NEET doesn't pay money.
>>
>>7280491
What is Tim Horton's?
>>
>>7280979
Nice. St. Stephen here.
>>
why are the breakfast sandwiches always cold and suck dick and why is there always a filipino that speaks broken english to me then turns around and yaps in whatever language it is behind the register?
>>
>>7280491
Can I get a large ice cap?
>>
>>7280993
The Canadian equivalent of Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Doughnuts.
>>
>>7281182
I wouldn't even rate it THAT "highly" anymore.
>>
>>7280593
what town are you from?

Stratford here.
>>
>>7281032
Kek no Filipinos where I work. Also, the people out front make the breakfast sandwiches, not the bakers so I wouldn't know. Tim Hortons is really only good for it's coffee and I guess ice capps desu
>>
OP Here.

Funny thing is, I'm giving my two weeks notice tomorrow. I'll be working at a call centre so hopefully that doesn't suck too much. At least I'll have full time hours. I won't have enough money for groceries next pay because of Tim's.
>>
>>7280535
They have Krispy Kremes in Canada, too. Those glazed donuts are soooo good.
It's all sugary fried dough and good in that respect. Tim Horton's quality has gone down, I heard they lost their coffee supplier to McDonald's but idk if that's true (McDonald's coffee is pretty good here), but fast food is fast food. It's not the worst.
>>
>>7280593
They are but it's not like you can get an ice capp the way they make them anywhere else
>>
>>7282305
Does Tims ever hire full time off the bat? I got accepted recently and they told me they may only need part time but i took it because i need money.
>>
>>7282295
fuck i love ice capps
>>
Why is Tim Horton's so shitty in the US? Every time I've had it in Canada the coffee has been pretty good and in the US it tastes like burnt asshole
>>
>>7280979
My absolute nigga

Which one do you work at?
>>
>>7282432
I think it's pretty rare, desu.
>>
>>7283485
>>7282295

Wow so apparently saying the abbreviated version of "to be honest" automatically turns it into desu. That's pretty fucking gay. I'm sure sure how long this has been a thing but fuck you mods
>>
>>7282845
Lol I wouldn't know, I've never tried American Tim Horton's
>>
>>7282873
kek I'm not giving away that much info. Would you also like my credit card information?
>>
>>7282305
>I'll be working at a call centre
Friendly reminder to poo in the loo.
>>
>>7283711
Will do
>>
In the summer I always see flies standing on the baked goods.
Should I be concerned about that.
>>
>>7283501
constantly saying t.b.h. makes you seem like a fucking retard. you got what you deserved, fagatron.
>>
>>7280491
Did anything change in terms of structure, procedure, or general quality since the Burger King merger?
>>
>>7283501
it's been like that for a while, anon.
are you a casual or are you here because josh did something wrong?
>>
>>7283806
Nah I only go on /ck/ every once in a while
>>
>>7283801
Everything seems pretty much the same

>>7283786
>>
>>7283786
Kek I guess you're right. I usually don't say it that much, though. At least I don't say senpai

>>7283782
Yes you should be, actually. The flies are fucking ridiculous during the summer, and we're literally not allowed bringing in fly swatters to kill them. We have to basically just fucking ignore them, it's bullshit.
>>
>>7280540
Could this post be more try hard? You're not impressing anyone with your impotent rants, this isn't reddit (where you should go back to)
>>
We have tim hortons in st louis.

You food is bad.

Bland coffee
Crap donuts.

Why? Why do canadians love you as much as kraft dinner
>>
>>7284105
>y-you should go b-back to R-Reddit!
Minimum wage burger flipper detected.
>>
>>7284111
We like Tim's because the coffee is not bland and the doughnuts are not crap.
>>
>>7284117
>he bakes things all day
>he's not a baker!
What will the impotent virgin rant about next?
>>
>>7280491
>I'm the baker

Nigga they bake all their shit in a factory in Ontario and ship it frozen.
Any franchise with actual baking facilities lost them somewhere in the past two or three forced remodels.

That's why the doughnuts have been so shit this past decade or so.
>>
>>7284111
Timmies is quite literally a meme.
They're somehow still surfing on their reputation they used to have as being a decent place to get coffee and baked goods.
Back in the day they actually baked everything in store. Now it's basically a front for SYSCO frozen shit. Shame, really.
>>
>>7284122
>throwing frozen shit in the microwave and hitting a button is baking
I guess you tell your girlfriends son that he's a sous chef for opening a can of Campbell's soup eh?
>>
>>7284125
>7284125

Ahahaha this, I work in an airport in Ontario that has 5 tim hortons. I personally deliver all their frozen pre-baked shit that they just heat up.
>>
>>7284132
>he's not a baker because I say so!
Please, take your rants elsewhere sperg. You're not impressing anyone being a caustic fuck, which might be hard to believe for you since you seem to think being overly aggressive is "epic"
>>
>>7280651
Probably Australia or something. Would explain the shitposting, too.
>>
>>7282305
>hopefully that doesn't suck too much
I've heard mixed things about maritime call centers. At least the low dollar will ensure you don't get downsized.
>>
>>7284149
>He's a baker because he says so!

Tim Horton's lost all its local baking equipment somewhere in the several franchise remodels rolled out between being bought out by both Wendy's and Burger King.

We've both got equal he-said-she-said evidence, but no Timmies actually bakes their own shit anymore so Occam's Razor says he's lying and not a baker.
>>
>>7284111
>Why do canadians love you as much as kraft dinner
Extensive marketing campaign designed to align Canada's cultural identity with the brand, coupled with the fact that "it used to be good" and some good ol' fashioned hockey nostalgia for the last time the Leafs won the cup.

It's now owned by Burger King.
>>
>>7284174
It's not "owned" by Burger King.
>>
>>7284183
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Hortons#Acquisition_and_Merger_by_Burger_King
>acquisition
>>
Recipe for honey cruellers pls
>>
>>7283508
Yes. Email to [email protected] if you're scared of providing it in public.
>>
>>7284169
I don't say I'm a baker, my boss, employees and job description says that I'm a baker. If you're still mad about this after like two days you've clearly got no life. Go back to your shelf stocking.
>>
>>7284111
I think it's mostly that it's just the general coffee place here in Canada. If you want cheap, decent, coffee then this is really your only option. Well, this and McDonald's. Also what the others said about the marketing and it used to be good etc.
>>
>>7284125
I know I'm not a literal baker, but it's still what I'm called. Should I have started the thread saying "I'm the heater-upper"? No.
>>
>>7284127
Personally I think the coffee is pretty good. That with the fact that's it's only $2 for a large is probably why people keep coming back to it
>>
File: butthurt.jpg (32KB, 635x473px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.jpg
32KB, 635x473px
>>7280540
this is so autistic
>>
>>7280570
How autistic can one person be?
>>
>>7284407
Who knows, he's been going strong for two days now.
>>
>>7284407
>>7284405
>>7284415

I especially don't understand why he's so mad about this since I've admitted like three times now that I am fully aware that I'm not really a baker. I do only unfreeze already baked products but it's still my job title. I didn't say that I'm a baker to make myself feel good, I said it because it's what my title is and I don't know what else I would say
>>
>>7284428
Honestly, there's nothing you can do except sit back and let him sperg out.

Anyways, having never been to a Tim Hortons before (Cali here), what are your favorite things on the menu?
>>
>>7284444
Yeah that's true. Also, I really like the double-double's, the chocolate glazed doughnuts, and the chocolate chip muffins
>>
>>7280570
shut up dude you sound pathetic
>>
>>7282305
Don't do it. Several years and different call centres experience here, they fucking suck and i regret it more then anything in my life.

What type by the way?
>>
>>7281797
not him but St. Thomas here. We have like a dozen tims for 40,000 people
>>
>>7284535
aww, fast food worker get ass blasted? poor baby
>>
>>7284111
Ontarian here. To be fair I've had tims all my life here. Had it in Michigan, Ohio and Buffalo and they all did not compare.
>>
>go to Canada
>people I'm staying with say I have to try Tim Horton's because it's like an institution out there
>okay
>go there
>get regular coffee
>it just takes like instant coffee

did I get meme'd?
>>
>>7285253
Canadians and their Tim Hortons are like Wisconsinites and their """"cheese""""

It's best not to point out the mediocrity to their face as they have little else going for them.
>>
>>7280491
Why does Tim Hortons suck so much?
>>
>>7280540
Back at subway I used be a sandwich artist, does that trigger you, you miserable little fuck?
>>
>>7285278
kek
>>
>>7280500
Hello reddit
>>
>>7280898
Tim hortons coffee is literally the worst coffee in the world couple that with shitty doughnuts and it's unbearable. If they didn't have decent sandwiches then it'd be a worthless restaurant. My question is why does Tim hortons coffee taste sour?
>>
>>7280570
I'm sorry your sister got knocked up by that Tim Hortons baker anon. Rumour is she banged a guy in every fast food joint in your town so don't target this guy
>>
>>7280614
> unedible
Thanks for confirming your level of education anon
>>
>>7280898
There's a Krispy kremes in delta, Vancouver area
>>
Was Tim Horton's actually good at one point, or was it just a combination of me being a kid and more susceptible to marketing than I am now? I much prefer even McDonalds' coffee today.
>>
>>7285533
Personally I hate their sandwiches and soups, they do seem to have gone downhill.
However the reason we like Tim Hortons is because it serves reasonably good doughnuts and coffee and every family remembers being taken their after hockey by their parents. So yeah it's a nostalgia thing. By really the coffee and doughnuts are good enough, who gives a fuck
>>
>>7280540
> You're easily replaceable, have no education, knowledge, or training worth mentioning.

You're describing a baker, right?
>>
>>7285553
Their doughnuts are shit.
I guess they're good enough if you have an absolute garbage palate. I assume you eat SYSCO frozen shit on a regular basis.
>>7285518
>>7285512
>>7285285
>>7284535
All these triggered and butthurt min wage kids. Sorry I didn't pat you on the back and tell you how special and gifted you are like your mommy does.
>>
>>7285744
Keep going, this will be the best screen cap in a while, you pathetic little autist.
>>
>>7285665
>no degree in Baking and Pastry Arts
>no apprenticeship training
>easily replaceable
definitely describes a baker.
I'm gonna go get some brain sugery from a "doctor" who read a few pages on wikipedia and then travel in my private jet, piloted by a dude who "played GTA once", to syria, because my vacation planner said Balkans cuisine is "cool stuff" this time of year.
Go back to /r9k/, you're no better than a sandwich artist
>>
>>7285934
why is everyone retarded on this thread? the job title is Baker as per corperate as per what the position used to do IE baking, it wasnt always frozen, you have a weird hardon for the title. not like it would hurt as a start into baking either way, learn how different places do things. you dont go to school for everything.
>>
>>7285744
what, lemme guess, you work at a call center and make a dollar more than min right? i make 1500 a week pulling myself, doesnt mean im gonna be a tool about it.
>>
>>7285968
http://www.red-seal.ca/trades/29_baker/rs_tr.1d.2-eng.html
Unless he's in Manitoba or Saskatchewan, his position is Restaurant Team Member.
You can bake without being a baker just as easily as you can do math without being an engineer, but he does not do it as a profession
>>
>>7280994
Fredericton Reporting in! Decent NB turn-out in this post.
>>
>>7285848
make sure to post this epic meme on /r/4chan
>>
>>7285968
>a start into baking
>throwing frozen dough into a microwave
I know you cu/ck/s and Redditors are kids that eat tendies and KD made by mommy but you seriously have to be shitting me right now.
>>
>>7280540
ok
>>
>>7285744
Dude they are doughnuts. I don't pay much attention to garbage tier food. If I fancy a coffee and a doughnut I'll go to Tim Hortons. Do you get your doughnuts from Jamie Oliver?
>>
Is it hard making the right change when you're super busy?
>>
>>7280491
Do you ever get laid by customers
>>
>>7284705
It's called Minacs. Apparently I'll mostly just be telling people their balance. I'll be working beside my friend and I won't have to wear a stupid fucking hairnet. It can't be THAT bad. There's no time-limit on calls, either. As far as call centres go, I've heard this is one of the better ones.
>>
>>7285253
I think it's a convenience thing. There's a Tim Horton's everywhere in Canada, so you're bound to have one near where you work/live, so you're likely to go there for your daily coffee.
>>
>>7285553
This
>>
>>7285744
>says the shelf stocker
>>
>>7285968
It's really only one guy who's triggered by me calling myself a baker
>>
>>7286552
See, this is why I specified that I'm a baker in the original post, so that a ton of people wouldn't ask me questions about cashier-related stuff. I don't do anything cash-related because I don't work the cashes. I work in the kitchen.

Sorry if I sounded mad at you, because I'm not, but people are triggered at me calling myself a baker when I literally only did it to make the thread go smoother by not having to explain to every single post that I don't work the cashes
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.