[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

poorfag beanburgers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
as I have little financial means and a high quality standard regarding meat (karma is a bitch, if the animal has to die then at least it should have had a nice time on green pastures and enjoyed sunlight) I replaced quite a lot of meat by veggie alternatives.

>3 cans of beans, washed
>4 eggs (should have used three)
>oatmeal (some)
>salt/pepper/paprika
>two small onions

blended, cooled and fried. will keep a few days and is full of essentials and I can save for a nice steak or wine etc.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>7278063
with olive oil
>>
>Canned beans
You ain't poor.
>>
File: image.png (916KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
916KB, 750x1334px
>>7278063
batch storage
>>
File: image.png (948KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
948KB, 750x1334px
>>7278063
final with cheese
>>
Do they freeze well?
>>
>>7278094
pretty sure that will work. I'll try it out.
>>
>>7278063

you do realize the cheap eggs you probably buy are are the product of some of the most horrific animal cruelty in the whole food animal trade? Most beef cows have an idyllic life compared to what chickens go through.
>>
>>7278176
organic, free range and certified. the yolk is orange, nit battery-hen yellow.
>>
>>7278181

Well that's good then. I'm vegan but would probably consider eating eggs from someone raising their chickens that they treat well. Crucify me other vegans but I try to be rational. That said try making this with a flax seed egg. Probably cheaper and healthier too.
>>
>>7278193
>>7278181

also if you are actually poor buy dried beans. At least half the price and for a lot of beans, but not all, the taste is far superior. Get a pressure cooker and you can have great beans from dry and leftover broth for soup in an hour.
>>
>>7278193
eggs from happy hens are readdily available here. nontheless - would you mind posting a pic of said flax egg replacement please? I habe no issues with vegans but do not understand lards and fruitarians, I usually have a ovo-lacto choice in the evenings, vegan throuout the day and occasional perfect steak or filet cravings and amarone. so I compensate, guard the climate and get highest quality produce when I have time for it.
>>
>>7278219
funny I am still slightly over weight and stable (175cm, 81kg)
>>
>>7278219

http://minimalistbaker.com/how-to-make-a-flax-egg/

It's pretty easy. I'm not much of a baker but it seems to work pretty well and I've never had a problem.
>>
>>7278181
>Yolk is orange so its free range.
No. ISA Browns produce yolks that are more orange and are chosen because they're good layers.
Source: Raised hens on family farm and the only difference I ever saw with eggs was that we had double-yolk eggs from time to time.
>>7278193
>Did I let everyone in the thread know I'm vegan enough?
>>
>>7278176
>>7278181
>>7278193

You know that chickens are an example of the shit animal that feels nothing, right? They eat their own fucking eggs all the time. Why people think they need to personify a fucking chicken is nonsensical.
>>
>>7278332
no, as mentioned for who ever wants to read they are certified organic eggs. nit like shitty salmon colored with astraxantine like the poor hens produce you mentioned. It makes me crimge every time I see a yellow- low-iodine yolk sold by a bastard mistreating his workforce. but why even use the energy to rant - you missed the point.
>>
>>7278063
Can you use something besides the egg as a binder?
>>
>>7278068

canned beans on sale are cheaper than dried, fool

>>7278063

thanks for the recipe. I fuck with a black bean/mushroom burger from time to time but it's so inconsistent. I'll try these ratios. How much oatmeal do you think you put in? a sprinkle, a handful, some, or a bunch?
>>
>>7278637
technically it requires an ingredient that will change texture when heat is applied. perhaps cooking the mix with agar-agar or gelatine (haha, bone extract) would result something stable. the flax egg replacement may be a possibility as well.
>>
>>7278752
was more like a two handfulls in the end as I used more than 1 egg/can of beans that seems to be the right ratio.
>>
>>7278752
by the way - semolina makes the patties a lot crisper that oats, but I didn't have any.
>>
>>7278063
cumin may take the bean related digestion issues
>>
>>7278773

cool I'll report back next time I make a batch of my own
>>
I follow this recipe for bean burgers

very flavory

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/03/the-food-lab-the-best-black-bean-burgers.html
>>
>>7278423
>... but why even use the energy to rant - you missed the point.

I think *you* missed anon's point: the yolk color is largely inconsequential. There are good eggs from well-nourished chickens that have pale yolks, and dark-yolked eggs from chickens that ate some beet or pepper extract in an otherwise craptastic chemical diet. Most egg producers use synthetic and natural pigments in feed to match the yolk color preference of a target market.

Though I'd agree, organic free range eggs are going to be better than "factory" eggs, nutritionally and (if you care about animal welfare) ethically.
>>
>>7278899
>karma is a bitch, if the animal has to die then at least it should have had a nice time on green pastures and enjoyed sunlight

nice to know that such practice (adding colorants to animal feed so that the end produce looks better). The budget eggs available here have pale yellow yokes. I have a feeling that they are not tainted and the poor diversity in food is the reason. hens need insects, grass and small stones. just like them I do not want to feed myself with tainted food and be restricted to a tiny cage.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.