[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you craft beer faggots too hip to drink guinness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 15

File: Guinness.jpg (41KB, 348x536px) Image search: [Google]
Guinness.jpg
41KB, 348x536px
Are you craft beer faggots too hip to drink guinness?
>>
Too hip? No, but its still watery unflavorful garbage.
>>
I don't care that much for stouts in general.
>>
It's a decent fallback.
>>
File: guinness-nitro-ipa-cans.jpg (28KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
guinness-nitro-ipa-cans.jpg
28KB, 800x599px
>>7274041
Regular guinness isn't hip enough. The only guinness products i drink is pic related
>>
>>7274015
Tastes like carbon.
>>
Guiness is pretty good desu
>>
It literally tastes like eating out a menstruating woman.
>>
>>7274015
Beamish is nicer but I've never seen it outside of Ireland, where it is pretty much everywhere.

>tfw when you will never get that creamy nitrogenated head in your homebrew because your autism demands that you carbonate naturally
>>
I sell craft beer for a living and drink craft beer all the time. I still drink shit beer regularly (miller lite, pbr, etc) when I want something cheap and satisfying .

That being said, I never drink Guinness because it's terrible.

I can't believe someone hasn't already said something about "you gotta drink it in Ireland!"

/blog
>>
i quite like it.. it's a novelty for me because it uses special beer gas i don't drink it at home
>>
>>7274462
>you gotta drink it in Ireland!
McDicks has more variation between markets than Guinness.
>>
Yeah I don't get guinness. It tastes like flat beer that should be stronger than it is. Weird shit. But I guess it's fun to pour out and watch the bubble cascade thing
>>
I like Guinness if there's nothing better to drink, but I don't get the people who say "how can you drink that shit it's like a milkshake!". No its not. It's the most watery "stout" there is. But at least it tastes better than Bud/Coors/whatever light. Depends on what the shitty little bars you go to have on tap or not.
>>
>2016
>still drinking alcohol

How can you people drink that liver killing, disgusting crap?
>>
>>7274462
>I sell craft beer for a living.
You'll be screwed in two years time mate. Anyone who gets involved in fad industries as a career choice lives to regret it.
I suppose McDonalds are always hiring though.
>>
>>7274568
>current year
>being a homosexual
>>
>>7274579
Enjoying your liver failure?
>>
>>7274573
craft beer has been around for a really, really long time, you queef

just because you're a child doesn't mean it's a 'fad industry'
>>
>>7274015
I'd drink a guinness if there weren't any better options, and I'm sure I would enjoy it.
>>
>>7274584
Enjoying your anal prolapse?
>>
>>7274275
underrated keks
>>
>>7274573
Eventually there's going to be a bubble burst of "peak craft beer" but the industry in general is here to stay. Most of my concern about the industry is that there are constantly craft bars opening up, and eventually the market will be over saturated and they'll start closing. That doesn't translate into me selling less beer, just selling smaller amounts to more accounts until the leaders emerge with the most efficient businesses.

And at the end of the day, I have a good sales job and can translate that into multiple other fields, or just sell something else.

Thanks for pretending to be concerned though.
>>
File: Storehouse.png (418KB, 540x587px) Image search: [Google]
Storehouse.png
418KB, 540x587px
>>7274462
But anon, it does taste better in Ireland
>>
The mediocre taste of Guinness wouldn't prevent me from knocking back a couple of sixers.
>>
>>7274015
There's a better and cheaper option in my area. So no.
>>
>>7274606
Damn. Non-alcoholics on suicide watch
>>
>>7274462
To be fair, it genuinely is better in Ireland.
>>
>>7274324

It's not autism, it's just easier.
>>
I'll drink it from time to time. Nice texture but really quite bland, most other smooth stouts beat it.

However in the UK it's a safe bet; it's very common and really shitty pubs (that only have carling/carlsberg/fosters/strongbow are guaranteed to have it on tap.
>>
File: DSC00447.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00447.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
master race passing through
>>
What are some good stouts/porters to try?
>>
>>7275908
Superior brew coming through
>>
>>7275927
where? in the picture you posted, I just see piss in a bottle
>>
>>7275939
I thought this was a piss beer thread? I just posted the king of piss beer, that's all.
>>
>>7275949
oh, I think it is. I apologize for posting real beer
>>
>>7275960
>yuengling
>real beer
It's just Pabst in disguise brah.
>>
>>7274015
guiness is too bitter for me, I prefer killians
>>
>>7274015

No I just have tastebuds so that's why I don't drink Guinness.
>>
>>7274015

Guinness outside of the UK/Ireland is shit anyway.

This isn't a nationality thing it just isn't made to the same recipe.
>>
>>7274324

This nigger is right.
>>
>>7274979
If you're bottling it is. But overall it would be easier to keg and force-carb because that way you don't have to go through the hassle of cleaning and disinfecting a shitload of bottles each time.
>>
>>7274015
Guinness is pretty overrated. I mean it isn't bad or anything, but dry stouts in general and Guinness in particular are not all that great.
>>
>>7275925

Founders Porter, Anderson Valley Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout, North Coast Old Rasputin.

Easy to find in pretty much any area, all great in their respective categories, and don't have too much going on so they're all going to give you a good baseline for how the styles (Porter, Oatmeal Stout, Russian Imperial Stout respectively) are supposed to taste and how they differ.
>>
File: 1400545821671.jpg (11KB, 219x266px) Image search: [Google]
1400545821671.jpg
11KB, 219x266px
>>7274271
>Nitro IPA

Fucking delicious m8

Only problem is it's $7.99 for a six-pack of 12oz. cans. A bit expensive, but it's excellent. I don't understand the criticisms that state that the nitro-smoothness clashes with the hops.
>>
>>7274307
And what's wrong with that?
>>
>>7274015
Is it Extra Stout or Traditional Draught?
>>
It's never bad, but it's not my first choice.
>>
>>7274015
I'm a craft beer fag and I think Guinness is good.
>>
>>7275925
Porters: Sierra Nevada Porter, Summit Porter, Tallgrass Zombie Monkey
Stout: Tallgrass Buffalo Sweat, Founders Imperial Stout, Sierra Nevada Narwhal, Toppling Goliath Rover Truck

Just a few. You usually can't go wrong with Sierra Nevada, Tallgrass, or Founders. Fairly easy to find
>>
>>7278110
I'm a self described scientist and I think Pluto is still a planet.
>>
If it aint Schlafly I don't want it.
>>
>>7278171
I'm not a scientist and think Pluto is bullshit
>>
>>7274015
not too "hip." just don't want to endure drinking shit water
>>
>>7277272
>delicious
lmao do you live in europe or something?
>>
>>7274573
depends on what his job is. "corporate sales dude" will be a job that can transition between industries for as long as modern capitalism holds up. seeking an interesting job doesn't mean crippling specialization.

.>>7274618
oh hey. yeah if the craft beer market contracts hard enough this dude will be qualified for other less interesting jobs too.
>>
>>7277272
nah senpai the regular stuff is better. nitro just tasted like generic beer with more BAC
>>
>>7274271
The label "Brewer's Project" just gets me though. Like, does Guinness even have brewers? Up until just recently they've only been brewing like the one thing for ever. Also the implication that they have brewers that like to experiment and try things as if this was anything else than a tepid response to waning sales and the current popularity of craft beer alternatives to boring macrobrews.
>>
>>7274015
I didnt like guinness even before I was a beerfag. That shit is nasty.
>>
>>7274015
Guinness is pretty good, it's just that there are a lot of other better beers. There are better porters, and there is so much variety out there that I rarely have to drink the same beer twice. If I'm going to return to something, it's almost certainly not going to be Guinness.

Doesn't mean it's bad or I'm trying to be hip, it's just not worth it.
>>
File: 3-Nitro-Bottles-plus-Glass.jpg (69KB, 730x666px) Image search: [Google]
3-Nitro-Bottles-plus-Glass.jpg
69KB, 730x666px
>>7274464
Left Hand bottles NO in some of their beers. If you pour it hard, it ends up being just as close to a tap reproduction as Guinness does with its widget.

So if nitro beers at home are what you're looking for, you have more options than just Guinness
>>
>>7279073
i don't drink bottled beer
>>
Guinness is weird. So thick and creamy and almost entirely flavorless. It's like when my boyfriend hasn't been eating pineapple.
>>
File: 1428370241177.png (1KB, 348x320px) Image search: [Google]
1428370241177.png
1KB, 348x320px
>>7274573
>craft beer
>fad industry
>>
>>7279957
It has become a bit of a fad. Two new breweries open up a day in America, I read recently. That's a definite bubble.

It doesn't mean craft beer will go away entirely one day, it just means demand will scale back one day and for a period brewers will be hit hard by supply far exceeding demand.
>>
File: 1434307119401.jpg (16KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1434307119401.jpg
16KB, 255x255px
>>7279977
>America
>>
>>7279944
No, I think he was comparing it directly to semen.
>>
>>7279930
So, really, it's not that nitro isn't available at home, it's that you don't drink at home.

Gotcha.

>>7279938
Nope. They have a proprietary bottling method that puts the NO in the bottle.
>>
Guinness tastes like fucking sewer water to me

At first I thought there was just something wrong with the tap at the pub. But I've had it at enough places to realize that's how it normally is.
>>
>>7279992
no, i stand by what i said originally
i drink beer at home, just not nitro
>>
The Extra Stout is alright.
>>
>>7279981
>heh look at my witty reactions heh
>>
I like Guinness's texture more than its taste if that makes sense. But yeah Guinness on draft is awesome
>>
>>7278988
That's marketing brah
>>
If i'm buying cheap beer i'm buying "The Champagne of Beers"

That said if you turn down a beer someone else bought you because it's "not good enough" you are a cunt
>>
>>7277272
>Only problem is it's $7.99 for a six-pack of 12oz

I usually pay $9-$11 a six pack for something decent
>>
>>7280129
Is it bitter, or are you just fucking around? I haven't had it for a very long time, but bitterness isn't in my memory of its flavour.
>>
>>7280053
What you said originally was you can't get NO at home.

Then you said you don't drink bottles.

So do you only drink out of cans, and believe that canned nitrous beer doesn't exist?
>>
>>7278273
I'm walt disney and pluto is a dog, faggots
>>
>>7280424
i don't drink bottles or cans or nitro at home

keep trying, i like this game
>>
I love Guinness. The Extra Stout in America is made in Ireland as opposed to Canada now.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>7274015
Guinness is good, but I prefer my dank 120 minute meme beer.
>>
>>7280610
Most overrated American brewery of all time. Yes I'm American. Literally what the fuck? I've had a bunch of their beers, one time their brown ale. Tasted like fermented shit. Someone nuke this horrible brewery.
>>
>>7274015
Guinness is just a meme beer. Tastes like shit.
>>
>>7281328
I've never had a bad beer from them desu.
>>
>>7281686
>older than the United States
>i-it's just a meme guys i swear
>>
>>7281328
>tasting like fermented shit
>implying jenkem is bad

They're very highly rated and for good reason. They make crazy stuff now because they spent long enough making solid beers. 90 minute will always be a stand out double ipa even when they're putting their attention towards making lobster porters.

Every beer they make is well made. You might not like them all (I don't) but they're doing exactly what they want with every beer they put out even if the flavors aren't always palatable.
>>
>>7280507
The Canadian was very flavorful, just got a bottle of it recently. The Irish version was half the price and a lot smoother and less sweet. Go figure.
>>
>>7274015
Guinness is good for a Bud Light tier beer I guess
>>
>not drinking Murphys stout
>>
>>7280501
So you only buy kegs to keep at home? What are you trying to do here senpai?
>>
>>7281328
I'm not American. Earlier this year I went to the States and made a point of trying as many well-regarded beers as I could. Honestly, DFH 90-minute IPA is probably the best American beer I've ever had.
>>
>>7275925

To add on what >>7276086 and >>7278118 said, there's Founders' Breakfast Stout, Oskar Blues' Ten FIDY, Schlafly's BA Imperial Stout, Dark Horse's Plead the 5th, Bell's Expedition, Left Hand's Milk Stout Nitro, Dieu du Ciel's Peche Mortel, Evil Twin's Imperial Biscotti Break, Boulevard's Imperial Stout, Prairie's Bomb!, Thirsty Dog's BA Siberian Night, etc.

>>7281328
>(Dogfish Head) Most overrated American brewery of all time

You just like to stir the hornet's nest, don't you?
>>
>>7284722
If someone's asking for stouts and porters to try, I wouldn't recommend BA or imperials right off the bat desu senpai
>>
>>7274462

nigerian guinness is the meme. never tried it to compare. supposedly better than even ireland.
>>
File: GSE3.jpg (1MB, 666x2608px) Image search: [Google]
GSE3.jpg
1MB, 666x2608px
>ctrl + f
>'special export'
>0 results
jesus christ, really
>>
>>7274573
A fad that has been going strong and getting bigger isn't a fad 30 years later it's an industry. Are you still waiting for this hip hop fad to end too?
>>
>>7275908
That looks tasty as fuck.
>>
>>7279073
This is why there is no reason to drink guiness any more. There are 30 stout styles in American craft beer alone that blow it away. Left hand milk and milk nitro being two of the best in the world. I prefer the non nitro version a bit more it's got a bit more flavor and a nice coffee bitterness vs. The nitro versions overall better creamy mouth feel but muted flavors. If you're a guiness guy though you would absolutely love the nitro.
>>
I drink Guinness regularly, but I prefer Kilkenny if it's available
>>
It's a decent backup beer, but hardly the best among stouts.

I don't particularly like stouts, though, so I don't drink it.
>>
File: Lagunitas.png (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Lagunitas.png
40KB, 300x300px
>>7281328
That's not the DUDE WEED brewery
>>
>>7274015
was inspired by this thread and had a guiness at an irish pub this weekend. didn't really enjoy it, I don't think I'll be ordering it again. was much thinner than I remember it, with almost none of the chocolate/coffee roastyness I'm used to from stouts.
>>
>>7274015
where i am I can get far better domestic stouts that aren't even craft than plain, watery guinness, so why bother with that shit?
>>
>>7285371
yeah they're basically black bud light now, i guess that makes the money.
>>
Did they change the recipe for the US market at some point? Years ago when I turned 21 I bought some guiness and remember it tasting very, very strong and had the plastic thing in the bottle, not watery how it is now. I wasn't an drunkard back then though so could have just been my young sissy taste buds
>>
File: 846.jpg (27KB, 446x336px) Image search: [Google]
846.jpg
27KB, 446x336px
>>7285367
Lagunitas. Good stuff.
>>
Well I live in Memphis, so I drink mostly local stuff. Ghost River, Wiseacre, and Memphis Made. Founders stuff is meh, but I really like Ommegangs stuff. Wiseacre's last sour they came out with sucked dicks though.

Also
>That feel when you work at a liquor store
>That feel when you talk to the reps of these distributors (but all of it comes from budweiser and a.s.barborough)
>tfw Wiseacre is going to stop producing Gotta Get Up To Get Down because it's becoming too popular and they are trying to stay away from having something become a staple like budlight.

It was the only good espresso stout for fucks sake. Well, I guess that Game of Thrones stout with a hint of coffee will have to do .
>>
>>7288590
Also, I feel bad for the Arkansas and Mississippi cucks who can't get Yuengling unless they come here. Lol Yuengling is fucking delicious.
>>
>>7274015
doesn't travel well

great if you live near the breweries, shite otherwise
>>
>>7288590
>memphis
my nigger. what liquor store do you work at? i go to busters semi-frequently since the remodel. their selection and prices are pretty much the best in memphis
>>
>>7285367
even tho lagunitas sold half to heineken i still love them everything is consistent and ive never had one of their beers i didnt like ive pretty much had their entire lineup minus a couple of one hitters and some things they only serve at the taproom - which i should go to considering its only across a bridge like 30min away
>>
>>7288624
I used to work at that whore-house. The employees don't know shit about anything there though, and everything about the job sucks. I work at a store downtown.
>>
>>7288607
Indeed. I can't drink Guinness outside of Ireland because it just makes me feel bad.

Then again, I don't care that much for Guinness. But finding a good pint of Beamish, or any Irish dry stout for that matter, is tough (impossible) where I come from. It's always too different from what it's meant to be.
>>
Too low in alcohol content vs. how much it fills you up. Plus you can't easily get it fresh in the US so it tastes kind of fucked.
>>
File: 1452497044279.jpg (150KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1452497044279.jpg
150KB, 1080x1920px
>>7274015

I drink Guiness ocasionally, since every other stout is either fucking 7-8% and doesn't have the same consistency - Guiness is pretty comfy.

But holy shit, I'm so fucking tired of the IPA fad. 90% of them taste the same, and just because they managed to make it fucking "imperial" or whatever with 10% alchohol doesn't make it taste better, fuck.

Just give me some decent stouts or aleeees
>>
>>7292204
This, IPAs need to calm down. I'd like to buy some American brews that aren't either pisswater or some west coast faggot hipster's attempt at creating the hoppiest beer known to man.
>>
>>7292204
>Just give me some decent stouts or aleeees
Both Stouts and IPAs are ales
>>
>>7292204
If you can't find a decent stout or ale that isn't an ipa in america, then I honestly don't know what you're doing wrong. I can find pretty much any style at any liquor store I go to in just the local section. Every brewery here cans or bottles one or two ipas and then usually puts out a pilsener, stout, hefe in the summer, and porter. There are seasonals as well. Anyone saying america is 90% ipas is a blind dipshit
>>
>>7274015
desu i wanna try
>>
>>7292404

Well, I'm not American so go figure.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.