[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Absinthe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: absinthe.jpg (53KB, 418x600px) Image search: [Google]
absinthe.jpg
53KB, 418x600px
>muh artists drank it
>muh special spoon and sugar ritual
>muh I'm smart enough for this unlike normal people attitude

This is the actual fedora beverage, right? I took 3 shots and I don't feel any odder than I normally do with shots.
>>
The problem is in most countries is the real absinthe, mit thujone, illegal. So its nothing diffrent to any other high % alcohol. You need to order from eastern europe and then you will deffinatly feel diffrent.
>>
>>7267367
It is a drink. Enjoy the novelty or drink it straight from the bottle. Nobody asked you to be a little fucking bitch because of your inferiority complex.
>>
>>7267367
>muh can't google wormwood so I shitpost
>>
So what you're saying is you actually wanted it to be all those things you listed?

That makes you the fedora-wearing autist.
>>
you're such a REAL guy, OP, so DOWN TO EARTH and I bet you don't TAKE NO SHIT from anyone huh? you special little snowflake you, so worldly and jaded and clever
>>
Paul Verlaine would buy it for his boy toy Arthur Rimbaud
when Arthur Rimbaud was 16 he pretended he was older and went to go sex Verlaine up but then he got tired of him and told him he's leaving him and Verlaine shot him but Rimbaud didn't die
>>
>>7267367
I like it because it hardly takes a drop to fill up your mouth with the taste of licorice
>>
File: stringer.gif (418KB, 305x287px) Image search: [Google]
stringer.gif
418KB, 305x287px
>>7267415
I think op is a pretty cool guy. He trash talks absinthe and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>7267425
You kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.
>>
>>7267377
I wanted to try it, but was worried it would turn out to be kinda boring. How much would it cost to order it from there, do you think?
>>
yes, it is liquid fedora

fun though
>>
>>7267377
Stop spreading that bullshit myth. I've had absinthe with thujone from wormwood, there is no difference. The reason why most absinthe available in North America is garbage is because we have garbage brands with terrible recipes. There is nothing unique about absinthe and it does not make you hallucinate. The reason we have that myth is because of creative drunks and shitty biographers.

I also don't like adding as much sugar as the "traditional" preparation requires. Same as with tea, Yuropoors have too big a sweet tooth.
>>
Don't get the real thing.

Thujone is barely fucking psychoactive.

In france or switzerland in the alpes you can still get the active/lilegal homemade stuff but it doesn't taste any better or make you feel any different.
>>
>>7267425

>verlaine would buy it for his boy toy rimbaud

You got the relationship backwards. Verlaine was basically Rimbaud's bitch.
>>
>>7267465
So what would be a good absinthe? Not trying to be rude, I actually want to know so don't buy some crappy brand or whatever.
>>
>>7267415
>being this mad over a drink

OP was just saying they didn't feel funny after drinking some.
>>
>>7267465
>North America
Not the US. There's tons of great absinthe here. Most of the truly awful shit is Czech
>>
>>7267468
It's sort of like expecting to get high off of nutmeg because it contains some psychoactive chemicals.
>>
>>7267367
>shots of absinthe
you're doing it wrong. louche that shit.
sugar is optional, btw. i usually don't use it.
>>
Absinthe leads to a 'lucid' drunk. Things dont get as fuzzy and you stay coherent. But I have to drink the whole damn bottle.

You dont trip balls, thujones dont matter, wormwood is just for flavor.

Black licorice and star anise. Also its fun to louche it.
>>
Once I a a whole bottle of absinthe, made me sick as fuck and I didn't see anything other than the usual demons and shadows.
>>
just drink pastis. same shit, less of a meme-level ABV, and literally a quarter the price.
>>
>>7267502
you don't get high off of nutmeg bruh, you become one with the nutmeg (for up to and sometimes exceeding 72 hours).
I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>7267502
Well that's another case, eat a nutmeg and nothing happens.

Grind and smoke a nutmeg and you'll go crazy. Crazy crazy, not party crazy.
>>
>>7267367
Only Americans treat it this way.

Absinthe is just another spirit over on/near the French/Swiss border where a lot of it is made, and it is a local thing too.

It gets watered down because of the high apv, and so that people can appreciate the louche.
>>
Tastes like shite, I'd rather drink bloody Chartreuse.
>>
Why does Disarono (sp?) taste so awful?
>>
>>7267367
From what I remember, the reason all those writers and artists loved it so much was because it was cheap for how alcoholic it was. Artists and writers are not wealthy so they had to be cheap because they were all alcoholics.

The reason its reputation is mostly American is because those were American writers and artists going to Europe and seeing/writing about a spirit that was unknown to them, as opposed to the Europeans that were already used to it by then.
>>
File: 1452665555409.png (361KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
1452665555409.png
361KB, 858x725px
>>7268776
>Artists and writers are not wealthy

Don't confuse shit-tier Starbucks hipsteristas that blog and go 'I'M A WRITER' with the real thing, senpai
>>
>>7268806
They are the same thing
>>
>>7268806

some artists and writers are really wealthy. The vast majority are not or are making something like 30k.
>>
File: wew lad.png (6KB, 279x315px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
6KB, 279x315px
>>7268817
>tfw majoring in music
>>
>>7268841
tfw all my fine arts friends are employed and I'm not.

Fuck this "new" economy
>>
>>7267367
"craft vodka" is still the fedora spirit I'm afraid. Absinthe is more like the nosering-pink hair highlights-advanced degree in the psychology of female artists in north africa beverage.
>>
I get that it's expensive everywhere outside of france but it tastes amazing. Is it just because americans don't like anise flavours?
>tfw cheapest authentic absinthe costs 180 usd in my country for 500ml
>>
>>7268846
Same. Fuck STEM I should have majored in sculpture.
>>
>>7268931
>go to eesti
>buy a 700ml bottle of absinthe for 10 bucks
>it tasted fucking delicious
BASED
>>
It's just a high-proof alcohol like anything else. Just to be clear, it is absolutely impossible to get psychoactive absinthe because the distillation process destroys whatever hallucinogenic properties >muh wormwood had (if any).
>>
>>7268806
Sorry to break it to you, but artists and writers are not wealthy.

Celebrity artists and writers can get pretty wealthy.
>>
ohlookitsthisthreadagain.jaypeg

I'm not going to argue with anyone about it but all commercial absinthe is neutered and no different than any other cordial. the real stuff is absolutely psychoactive in the ways described tho its nothing close to MDMA or LAD.

how do I know? I've made it, drank it and given it to other people that all had the same objective experience.

>the batch with kava kava in it was the best desudesudesudesu

>>7268958
you don't distill the wormwood, simp, you steep it in alcohol to release the chemicals that produce the effect
>>
>>7268958
The bad reputation is because the little ritual thing makes it go down smooth. This is reallllly bad if you are an alcoholic. You can get utterly DESTROYED on that shit and black out really easy. I got completely wasted at a hotel convention and woke up in a room with a Klingon. :|

So you don't gain any insight to the universe or shit like that. You just get fucked way up.
>>
>>7268771
fuck you eat shit
>>
>>7269076
you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>7269076
AIDF pls
>>
>>7267367
>>muh I'm smart enough for this unlike normal people attitude

Holy shit this.
>>
>buy good absinthe
>pour in small glass and add ice water poured over sugar cube (or just add a teaspoon of sugar or omit entirely)
>easy, smooth, tasty drink that will get you drunk quite quickly
no stupid flames, taking it in shots or adding a mountain of sugar
Thujone does not give any sort of high. It just damages your brain, liver and kidney and can give convulsions. Anyone seeking out 'real' absinthe is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>7268771
>(sp?)
How hard is it to press ctrl+t and type the word you want to spell check? Typing out brackets would probably take me marginally longer.
>>
File: 800eb.jpg (8KB, 198x200px) Image search: [Google]
800eb.jpg
8KB, 198x200px
>>7269076
>"objective experience"
>shitposting this hard
>>
>>7270836
>Thujone does not give any sort of high. It just damages your brain, liver and kidney
so does alcohol, what
>>
absinthe used to contain wormwood but it was banned
>>
>>7270803
>le this xD
>>
>>7267473
The guy above said this probably because Rimbaud was young fresh boipucci
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibQKvjT_dKg

I like the taste of absinthe, and it certainly makes me feel weird.
>>
>>7268939
I'm pretty sure one of your fine arts buddies can get you a job at Starbucks with them.
>>
>>7271288
Nice meme.
>>
>>7269076
You're a dumbass. See >>7267502

Stop spreading bullshit myths. You're like a dumbass kid who heard you can get high sniffing glue and you're spurting Elmer's up your fucking schnoz.
>>
>>7271318
nutmeg do contain potent psyoactive

it was first used to make MDMA

myristricin and elemicin, potent deliriants.

they are not fun tho

but thujone?

thujone isn't hallucinogenic, it a very mild gaba antagonist and it does almost nothing appart from making you feel 1% more weird and lowering your seizure level.
>>
>>7269076
>the real stuff is absolutely psychoactive

Historical recipes have the wormwood content well within modern legal limits.
Any non-alcoholic effects were the result of shitty bathtub distillers dying their swill with heavy metals and other poisons.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.