[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

T-e-a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 38

File: 1451759602769.jpg (587KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1451759602769.jpg
587KB, 1920x1200px
What's your cup of tea?
>>
a cup of Earl Grey, a true gentleman's drink.
>>
>>7254787
>using a capsule infuser

You gotta let the leaves slow dance with the water, it's more than just infusion. There's a spiritual aspect to it that most care not to enjoy.
>>
>>7254787
I'm a poor fuck, so I buy the cheap generic black tea. I assume its orange pekoe. I also buy cheap generic green tea for a non black tea alternative.
I plan to someday grow my own tea plant so I can have some fresh prime cuttings right off the plant, but that day is not today.
>>
>>7254801
*tips*
>>
>>7254808
Get that Japanese bullshit out of here.
>>
3 parts water 1 part milk. 3 spoonfuls of sugar. Camomille or Peppermint
>>
>>7254801
Bloody right mate
>>
Cup of Earl Grey or Ostfriesenmischung with a tiny cloud of cream and sugar
>>
File: 1445775942369.jpg (53KB, 494x622px) Image search: [Google]
1445775942369.jpg
53KB, 494x622px
loose leaf french earl grey, loose leaf herbal tea or oolong served cold. I fucking love tea so much.
>>
Any rooibos drinkers in here?
>>
jasmine oolong tea
>>
>>7254998
yep. Shits so mild. Its really light and I have it on hot days.
>>
Earl grey with milk for breakfast/lunch

Lemon & sugar for dinner/supper
>>
>>7255136

I think rooibos needs to be steeped at very hot temperatures for at least 10 minutes.
>>
File: Black_tea_grading.jpg (68KB, 570x403px) Image search: [Google]
Black_tea_grading.jpg
68KB, 570x403px
>>7254811
>I assume its orange pekoe

Orange pekoe is a size of leaf, because whoever transliterated Chinese leaf grade names was fucking high and the Liptons tacked on "orange" for no reason because they were also fucking high.

It's not even the right size for what's in the teabags, that's "dust and fannings"— whole god damned industry is high.
>>
File: 1410586248213.png (253KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1410586248213.png
253KB, 512x384px
>>7255166

What? I thought orange pekoe was a type of orange peel they use in teas. Holy fuck what's going on.
>>
>>7255166
Yeah, I didn't think orange pekoe meant much. But it's not like any of the tea names out there really describe the tea leaves they originated from. Orange Pekoe is just a good way to say the shittiest part of the plant, which is what I'd expect with the cheapest stuff I can buy.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (186KB, 2036x1052px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
186KB, 2036x1052px
>>7255177
Usually tea is flavoured with oil rather than peel: por ejemplo Earl Grey is flavoured with Bergamot Orange oil.
Also the Bergamot Orange isn't even orange.
>>
File: Tom Thanks.png (637KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Tom Thanks.png
637KB, 720x540px
>>7255229

I have been lied and betrayed this entire time.
>>
>>7254815
He has a point though. Measuring out the leaves and water yourself and managing the temperature by feeling is very nice. Doing nothing but focusing on the tea you're about to drink is very calming, and the tea tastes better for it too. You don't have to go full Sen Rikyu to take your tea more seriously than forgetting it in a teapot while you shitpost on the internet.

If anything, there's a lack of proper Japanese tea around here. Right now the tea I drink for routine consumption is a sencha from Uji, but for special occasions there's gyokuro from out by Fukuoka.

The very best little girl shows want to be enjoyed with gyokuro.
>>
>>7255250

Chances are he's American, so anything beyond Walmart branded black dust tea and scolding it is considered normal to them.

(i'm American btw, I despise this nation)
>>
>>7255281
>so anything beyond Walmart branded black dust tea and scolding it is considered normal to them.

I think you meant to say foreign instead of normal.
>>
Ginger tea for after meals.
>>
>>7255595

>ginger tea
>not adding honey
>>
File: 1383779070683.jpg (30KB, 555x644px) Image search: [Google]
1383779070683.jpg
30KB, 555x644px
>>7254801
the only right answer
>>
Yerba mate during the day, chamomile tea for the night
>>
>>7255716

What does Yerba Mate taste like?
>>
Green with fresh ginger and honey.
>>
>>7255721
toasted yerba mate taste is a bit bitter but mellow, a bit like coffee but not much, makes a very good cold drink; traditional yerba mate has a similar taste but way more strongly tea-ly flavored and bitter.
>>
File: IMG_20160107_213616.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160107_213616.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Pretty good for a cheap box.
>>
caffeine breaks me out so i drink rooibos apple just to stay warmer in the winter. i use each bag several times.
>>
Still getting into teas, but I have a nice Darjeeling. I must be doing something wrong though, because most of the teas i make end up more bitter. :/
>>
Tieguanyin
>>
File: large-teapot-open.jpg (77KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
large-teapot-open.jpg
77KB, 900x900px
Can anybody recommend a tea pot that pours nicely? My friend has a cast iron tea pot that pours like a fucking dream, is really pretty, and comes with one of those nets for holding the leaves (what are those called).
It never spills, no matter how much liquid is in it.
Pic related is similar, but I don't want to buy one blindly in case it doesn't pour perfectly.
>>
>>7256000
Oversteeping, probably. Remove the leaves sooner.
>>
>>7254801
This is my usual cup of brown but right now I'm enjoying some pu-erh.
>>
>>7256226
I do this all the time, sadly. I get distracted and boom. I started drinking breakfast teas for that reason; they are meant to be steeped for 5+ minutes so it's not a worry.
>>
>>7254787
"chai" black in the morning with milk and sugar.
green tea midday with sugar.
rooibos herbal or white tea with no sugar in the evening.
>>
>>7254998
ye
>>
File: 1361459500802.png (52KB, 429x399px) Image search: [Google]
1361459500802.png
52KB, 429x399px
>>7254787
So it seems a lot of tea I buy just comes out being hot water with a slightly bitter taste.

Do you guys use special water or what? I know water makes a difference, but I can't imagine it being that much
>>
>>7254787
My GF is a tea fanatic. She buys tons of different bags that have no tags on them, and when a box gets down to just a few bags, she tosses what's left in a ziplock with a bunch of other random teas. She will then never touch the bag again, because she doesn't know for sure what she'll get.

I play tea roulette with this and pray I get something with caffeine. If I'm not trying to clear out the bag of random doom, I prefer Russian black teas.
>>
>>7257160
steep longer. Use a smaller cup.
>>
Hot Cinnamon Spice. The best.
>>
File: pizzelle7.jpg~original.jpg (446KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
pizzelle7.jpg~original.jpg
446KB, 1632x1224px
Does anyone know of any other loose leaf teas that have a similar quality : price (cheap) ratio to pic related? Black, green, white, rooibos, herbal, anything.
>>
File: 20160111_180729.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160111_180729.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I recently bought some nice oolong's with rolled up leaves. They look like green gunpowder tea but the leaves unfold and are heavy, o they sink to the bottom. I can drink the tea with the leaves just swimming in there, and since oolong doesn't get bitter and can be used again I just fill a big cup with leaves and water three times a day and dink it when I want. It doesn't taste very strong, especiallyon the third use, but it's a good way to stay hidrated and it's also really cool ö drink with all the leaves floating in there.
Pic related, my huge cup (I think it has a volume of ~400ml) with the tea leaves.
>>
>>7257184
If you steep longer you run the risk of burning the tea. If you want it stronger just use more.I usually do 1 - 1 1/2 tsp per 6-8 oz of water.
>>
>>7257573
How do you burn the tea. It's steeping. the water at most will get to boiling, then you remove it from the heat and let the tea steep.

Do you burn water?
>>
>>7254787
I'm more of a coffee drinker, so I don't consume tea regularly. But I enjoy:

Japanese sencha
Assam with milk
Oolong
Jasmine tea

My sister married a Brit, so the kettle is on several times a day. I drink maybe a cup or two of the stuff a month.
>>
>>7257584
If the water is too hot or you leave in for to long, the tea can become bitter. Their are certain kinds of green tea that only steep for ~45 seconds. If you're using shitty bagged tea it's probably not a big deal, but if you're using whole leaf tea you want to be careful. This is why there's temperature instructions on any pre-packaged tea.
>>
Just gotta say that tea is way better than coffee.
>>
Whiskey and coke is my cup of tea.
>>
>>7257181
>tea fanatic
>drinks bag tea

I swear I'm a pizza fanatic, I order from pizza hut everyday
>>
>>7257934

True tea fanatics will go full autism for pure quality tea.
>>
>>7257934
She has tons of loose leaf as well. We have 2 full kitchen cabinets devoted to her fucking tea hoarding. If that's not fanaticism, what the fuck is?
>>
hot masala chai with a dash of milk
>>
File: 1447390593489.jpg (112KB, 729x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447390593489.jpg
112KB, 729x600px
Iron Goddess of Mercy
>>
>>7257958

Does she ever integrate sex into her tea drinking?

Like... you two ever plow each other while she sips on some tea? Or you blow a small load of cream into her cup?
>>
>>7257181
>>7257958
10/10
How much money does she blow on tea
>>
>>7254998
Yeah Rooibos is my go-to tea in the late evenings
>>
>>7254787
Just got some Dragonwell for christmas. I'm enjoying it, but I'm not sure I'm brewing it right. I can't get it to be as strong as I'd like.
>>
File: pu-er.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
pu-er.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
I have stacks of this shit.
It tastes like my grandma.
>>
>>7258790
Where do you get giant disks of pur-eh?
>>
>>7258800
Old Chinese relatives.
>>
>>7258413

Red tea.
>>
>>7254787
I like drinking jasmine green tea and sometimes black tea. The kind they serve at Chinese restaurants are good for drinking while waiting on your food.
>>
>>7257160
Are you using loose leaf? Bagged tea just tastes so bland and flat to me. I didn't even like tea until I got the real stuff.
>>
>>7255250
thats why you buy a kyusu. the strainer is ceramic and build right into the pot. doesn't compress the tea like a capsule. mine is probably the only possession i am attached to sentimentally.
>>
File: lady grey.jpg (21KB, 220x355px) Image search: [Google]
lady grey.jpg
21KB, 220x355px
>>7254787
I've got this stuff. It's okay, I don't see why an entire country likes it though. Maybe if you were only used to water and hadn't experienced like, lemonade
>>
I picked up a lavender Earl Grey mix today, along with extra bergamot Earl Grey. Just Stash bagged stuff, though.

I also got a weird Latvian tea from my grandparents. I think it has apple in it. Oregano tea is apparently popular in Latvia, but I didn't take any of that because it smelled like... oregano.
>>
>>7254787
>What's your cup of tea?
ice water
>>
Is tazo tea good?
>>
>>7259977
I really like their Passion flavor. Excellent flavor, it's good iced or hot, and it's the cheapest/tastiest thing on the Starbucks menu when friends and family take me there.
>>
Anyone else hate teapots without removable filters? Cleaning them sucks and you cant leave it in there either.
>>
>>7257626
Sencha is usually 30 as are the first few for Puer.
>>
>>7257626
I actually came to /ck/ to ask a question relating to this. I recently got some loose leaf Japanese sencha tea from David's Tea, for work primarily. I make it in my travel mug with my tea infuser before leaving for work, but by the time I arrive at work the tea has turned from emerald green to a golden yellow, and tastes bitter. Is this because the tea continues to "brew" in my travel mug on the way to work despite having had removed the tea leaves?
>>
>>7260168
Green tea needs to be steeped relatively cold (78° c ish) , and do drink it quickly! It oxidizes, if I'm not mistaken. Whatever the term, it tastes pretty bitter after 30 min or so. Oolong tea is less sensitive to steep duration and temp, and it gets bitter much more slowly. Better for your situation if you like the taste.
>>
I'd drink four cups of oolong a day if caffeine didn't make me a headachy shitty lump. Regardless, I make a gentle cup of green or oolong pre-afternoon, and a rice/green tea anytime after that. I don't know specifics about the tea types, since they're all labeled in foreign language. Our advanced laboratories' research has suggested the priceier ones that come in complicated containers or thick bags are generally more unique and good in taste. I get it from the Asian market or as gifts.

I steep it all in 78° c, maybe a little less. More leaves and shorter steep if I'm feeling posh, like a half teaspoon and longer steep if I'm feeling like a working class hack. Herbal tea from a bag in the middle of the night, Good Earth Sweet and Spicy or Peppermint. Not really like tea though. Watery budget juice substitute? Tasty though, I don't want juice anyway.
>>
>>7260254
That would explain it then. My drive to work is roughly half an hour. Though it feels like when I've had the tea at home I've left it for longer than half an hour without it going bitter. Would the tea being sealed in a mug that retains heat without really giving it much a chance to cool also affect it?
>>
File: IMG_0629.jpg (516KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0629.jpg
516KB, 1600x1200px
>>7259977

Tazo is one of the better mainstream brands, especially how a good portion of their teas are organic. They also use transparent sachet teabags which looks awesome, and I noticed those types of bags have actual loose tea in it.
>>
>>7255166
>There are people in this thread right now that didn't know that.
>>
>>7261568

Dude... most people don't even know beyond green & black tea. Most people don't even know where chai tea comes from, let alone what Darjeeling is or Assam.
>>
>>7261717
So, you mean that they also probably didn't get this joke?
>>7258002

More seriously. Maybe we should write a /ck/tea/ guide or something. It's a bit annoying to mix perfect noobs with total snobs in the same thread.
>>
Why isn't there a tea bible?

... is there?
>>
>>7261769
I have an untranslated chinese documentary that looks good: https://youtu.be/wppZkl3c1Z4?list=PLaAz0N9UlbfP4vpWGg8Pp-jI1jkV6y5Jt

Otherwise I learned stuff about tea by hours and hours of research and multiple sources and never actually found any all-in-one guide that was even remotely satisfying.

There are maybe printed book but that's expensive for something that may deceive you.
>>
>>7261790

It would be rad if archialogists discovered some ancient Chinese tomb and found a book (or whatever they used, scrolls?) about mastering tea. Tea has basically become my little religion in a hippie way. Wish there was a shrine temple somewhere that worshiped the plant and creates a mythological lore and art surrounding tea. Imagine if there was art for each variant of tea where white tea would be a figure of a feminine goddess, while black tea (aka red tea) it becomes a masculine deity, kinda like the 9 divine in the game Oblivion.
>>
>>7261827
There are some tea from time to time that weren't cultivated for hundred of years that are suddenly rediscovered and cultivated again. (sorry can't find sauce…)

Especially yellow teas.

But there isn't a tea bible. At the time it was probably more like "this is how we do in this little region lost in china and we don't care how it's done elsewhere."
>>
>>7261827
>Tea gods

There is actually believe it or not.

http://hubpages.com/food/Gods_And_Goddesses_of_Tea
>>
>>7261769

>"In the ten chapters of Cha Jing written over a thousand years ago, it covers a series of subjects ranging from tea culture, tea art, tea history, botany, biology, agriculture, medicine, geography, hydrology, pottery, tea farming machinery to tea production."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Classic_of_Tea
>>
>>7261841
>http://hubpages.com/food/Gods_And_Goddesses_of_Tea
>Quan Yin
>Goddess of tea
Ahah, wtf?

She's not a god. She doesn't symbolize tea but compassion. She may or may not be female depending on cult.
0/10
>>
Matcha tea causes irreversible damage to the brain stem.
>>
A Thousand mountains will greet my departing friend,
When the spring teas blossom again.
With such breadth and wisdom,
Serenely picking tea—
Through morning mists
Or crimson evening clouds—
His solitary journey is my envy.
We rendezvous at a remote mountain temple,
Where we enjoy tea by a clear pebble fountain.
In that silent night,
Lit only by candlelight,
I struck a marble bell—
Its chime carrying me
Deep into thoughts of ages past.

— "The Day I Saw Lu Yu off to Pick Tea
>>
>>7261857
gonna need a citation, jim.
>>
My cup o' tea is a Hot Toddy
black tea, lemon wedge, cinnamon stick, some cloves, 2 spoons of honey and bourbon..
Can never forget the bourbon...
>>
File: dragonpearls.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
dragonpearls.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
This and mate chai
>>
>>7255792
tastes like fish desu senpai
>>
>>7257184
I'll try using a little more than, thanks

>>7259784
Yeah, I'm using loose leaf now. I bought a bunch of it to try and get a taste. Some of them come out better than others, but eh
>>
>>7260301
I would guess, like most reactions, it gets bitter faster at higher temp.

I used to do the same, but with black tea and a 1hr bike commute. It got bitter, but I didn't care. If your mug will keep the water hot enough, maybe just bring the water and steep it at work.
>>
Alright, I've been looking for an online provider of whole leaf teas, anybody know of a good one?
>>
>>7263914
Canton Co. has the most consistently high-quality tea of any vendor of tried. They're English Breakfast and every single-origin black tea is fantastic. Decent prices too. Teavivre is my second favorite.
>>
>>7256364
Smart phone timer.
>>
File: mfw bitter tea.jpg (154KB, 423x422px) Image search: [Google]
mfw bitter tea.jpg
154KB, 423x422px
>>7264000
>be me
>doing gong fu cha
>mid-tier tea
>supposed to be steeped in western style
>doing gong fu cha anyway
>need to infuse for 10 seconds
>steep for 12 seconds instead
>oversteeped
>mfw
>>
How is tea useful for weight loss?
>>
>>7264909
If you drink much soda and would replace all soda with (sugarless) tea, I would say pretty useful, alone because of the riddance drinking soda.
If you drink mainly water and not too much fruit juice already don't expect an impact.
>>
>>7264909
It's not. The only purpose of tea is taste.
>>
http://www.2daydeliver.com/product_detail.php?id=SKUB007QR738W#.VpbGniFOmkA
>>
>>7262955
I basically bought the travel mug and the tea for work. Kind of frustrating because I don't really want to make it at work, but I also basically pissed away $30 on a stupid travel mug for tea that's going to become bitter before I even arrive at work.
>>
File: tea.jpg (2MB, 5000x4117px) Image search: [Google]
tea.jpg
2MB, 5000x4117px
>>
Oolong and chinese green tea.

>tfw japanese green tea tastes nicer but costs a million times more
>>
>>7254787
Tea does nothing. Coffee for me.
>>
>>7266644
Same. I only drink tea all day because it tastes better than water, and I'll drink it right before I go to bed.
>>
>>7266642

Japanese tea has a different process for oxidation than the Chinese. In Japan they steam their teas instead of pan frying them in China, and many avid tea drinkers say the steaming process makes it taste more Earthy.
>>
>>7265962
>Big red robe
>Iron buddha teas
That's not wrong. But seriously it's better known as their original names: Da hong pao and Tie guan yin.
>>
I've been drinking a lot of spearmint tea because I heard it decreases libido. I'm horny all the god damm time and it's ruining my relationship. Hopefully this will help
>>
>>7267142
It doesn't.
>>
>>7267142
Just jerk off six times a day
>>
>>7254998
Fuck yeah. It's like paprika and peppermint, an odd yet satisfying flavor.
>>
>>7254787
Typically Yorkshire for meals, white for evenings, roobios for anime/ Vidya time, earl grey for when I dont have anything else, cheap ass Lipton for cheap caffeine fixes, and ginger root+chamomile for late night Vidya/anime.
>>
>>7254787

capsule infuser is shitty for actual tea, you know, whole leaf tea. not trying to be an asshole, just saying.

I'm drinking south korean seogwang right now and it's extremely delicate.

Later on I'm drinking a mixture of oganic lemongrass tea from Thailand, which is absolutely amazing, with a mixture my friend made for me. It's bluebottle flower and camomile blossoms, piment, orange skin, coriander seeds, cloves and much more.

I could post a pic but nobody gives a fuck anyway.
>>
>>7267302
I give a fuck, anon.
>>
>>7254811

buying tea in chunks might be cheaper in that case. my dad orders from these guys for close to ten years now iirc. I don't know if the site is available in english. very cheap yet extremely high quality:

http://www.topqualitea.com/de/
>>
>>7267310
>no English
https://youtu.be/B4Uf9rsBbhc?t=30
>>
>>7255250

>but for special occasions there's gyokuro from out by Fukuoka

where'd you buy? I'd like some
>>
>>7257444

check out seriouseats various guides to tea, good website and they have something for every price range
>>
>>7258754

reduce water/use more tea. simple as that. maybe slightly higher temperature, but that's always iffy.
>>
>>7260168

Just cook very low quantities of tea imo. Some green tea changes colour after five minutes.
>>
>>7261857

source please? been drinking matcha almost every day lately, you got a nigga concerned
>>
File: TEA.jpg (299KB, 1632x920px) Image search: [Google]
TEA.jpg
299KB, 1632x920px
>>7267307

alright then, just for you. shitty lighting but it's still a pretty beautiful mixture imo.
>>
File: brand_trumoo_product.png (84KB, 393x274px) Image search: [Google]
brand_trumoo_product.png
84KB, 393x274px
I enjoy a good Hojicha with a splash of trumoo
>>
Drinking some Green Rooibos. It has a slight citrus flavor because they harvest the plant at a very early stage of growth. It tastes way better than regular rooibos.
>>
File: teaAccessories_Thermos_lg.jpg (27KB, 279x348px) Image search: [Google]
teaAccessories_Thermos_lg.jpg
27KB, 279x348px
What's the best way to have on-the-go green tea for college students? Pre-made in a thermos ruins the thermos
>>
How do I achieve Uncle Iroh status of tea making?
>>
>>7269247
>Pre-made in a thermos ruins the thermos
Ruins the tea you mean?

I would recommends this:
http://www.teavivre.com/manually-blow-molded-glass-infuser-tea-cup/
Pain in the ass to wash, the inner infuser is in plastic which isn't the best for tea but apart from that it's perfect to make tea easily and quickly. The leaves are completely loose in the water and then the infusion is completely separated from the leaves with prevent over-steep. Plus the leaves are still in the infuser which allow you to make a second infusion using the same leaves.
The other drawback is that you need hot water from a kettle or a thermos which can be a bother on-the-go.
>>
>>7269259
Uncle Iroh may be a true based man on a lot of subject, but if you wish to learn about tea you should achieve a way better status than just Iroh's. Avatar's staff doesn't know shit about tea.

Now, there isn't any guide from /ck/ but there is a lot of stuff out there on the interwebs, make some research. What you want to achieve in order is:
Step1:
-Not Lipton
-NOT Lipton

Step2:
-Loose tea
-about 5€/100g nothing more or less expensive
Find a local tea shop, order on the internet, do whatever you want but ditch that teabag.

Step3:
-Learn about brewing temperature/time

Step4:
-Ditch the tea blends with fruit or flower or whatever
-Start learning about origins of the teas you buy
-Start learning about different type of tea processing and other stuff about tea
-Drink pure tea nothing added in it
-Ditch milk
-Ditch sugar

Step5:
-Start caring about the quality of the leaves you buy
-about 10€/100g and higher

Step6:
-No more fucking around
-Take good care of water temperature
-Good care of Brewing time
-Good care of quantity of tea
-Take care of the pace for the leaves to expend nicely

Step7:
-Learn gong fu cha
-buy a gong fu cha set
-gaiwan or yixing teapot (maybe both)
-Buy better and better leaves.
-Try super rares and super expensive teas, don't hesitate to buy very small quantities just to try the tea once
-Start collecting a lot of tea, hope you have a lot of tea boxes.

Step8:
???

Step9:
-become god of tea.
>>
>>7254787
Tie Guanyin
Just steeped in a clay teapot, nothing fancy.
>>
>>7265803
Try oolong, as I mentioned it stays tasty much longer. There are probably many varieties which endure time well, oolong is all I can suggest though. Good luck.
>>
>>7269639

Thanks, but perfectly made tea isn't the top of my priorities when I'm half asleep on the commute to university. The thermos is always impossible to wash and smell is difficult to remove. Just wondering how other people get away with this.
>>
File: GREEN TEA.jpg (94KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GREEN TEA.jpg
94KB, 1920x1080px
>>7254787
>>
>>7254998
Rooibos with pomegranate, vanilla bean and rose geranium oil in a couple drops followed by cream and sugar

Sounds overdone but quite lovely really.
>>
>>7269941

Is it just me or does Oolong have sort of a wood taste to it? Reminds me of an old cabin perched up in the mountains.
>>
File: TeaHouse-picture.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
TeaHouse-picture.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>7269643

I don't think i'm ready for a Gongfu set, that's for people who are spiritually connected to tea and i'm just now starting to learn how to communicate with the leaves.

I hope to someday come across a Gandalf tea mater figure who can show me the way of the leaf and the brew, a translater of aroma.
>>
>>7269643

this guide is pretty good. there is no reason to ditch herbal teas or tea with actual fruit in it in my opinion. I love chai with actual orange peels in it, tastes fantastic. other than that I have nothing to add.
>>
>>7254998
Just mixed some gunpowder and rooibos
>>
>>7254787
The girl I share my office with makes us a nice Darjeeling. Properly in a teapot and pouring it through a tea strainer.

She drinks like six-seven cups every day (in 7.5h) which can't be healthy though. I only partake two or three times when she offers to make tea.

The girl is Polish, do they all drink that much tea?
>>
>>7270441
>The girl I share my office with makes us a nice Darjeeling. Properly in a teapot and pouring it through a tea strainer.
meh

>She drinks like six-seven cups every day (in 7.5h)
That's nothing.

>which can't be healthy though.
Tea has little to no effect on health either in a good or in a bad way.

>I only partake two or three times when she offers to make tea.
>The girl is Polish, do they all drink that much tea?
That's not that much impressive. A lot of people can drink as much as that or much less. That's not really important.
>>
>>7267317
A shop called Fukujuen in Himeji. If you have to ship internationally, Den's Tea is a good alternative choice.
>>
>>7270441
>Tea has little to no effect on health either in a good or in a bad way.

Thousands of scientists disagree with you.
>>
File: 8edb1717ce3e3d7e64b29ea16c0f508f.jpg (193KB, 650x1780px) Image search: [Google]
8edb1717ce3e3d7e64b29ea16c0f508f.jpg
193KB, 650x1780px
>>
>>
File: 873a9dc7d950f9a92e19aebfd7b1c3d5.jpg (246KB, 560x3100px) Image search: [Google]
873a9dc7d950f9a92e19aebfd7b1c3d5.jpg
246KB, 560x3100px
>>
File: 2014 - 1.jpg (33KB, 349x553px) Image search: [Google]
2014 - 1.jpg
33KB, 349x553px
>>
File: d757beaa6b82f599a2f7828ef09c3d45.jpg (145KB, 600x1143px) Image search: [Google]
d757beaa6b82f599a2f7828ef09c3d45.jpg
145KB, 600x1143px
>>
File: b28660db76cf3b34442b960d2c62e263.jpg (341KB, 604x3558px) Image search: [Google]
b28660db76cf3b34442b960d2c62e263.jpg
341KB, 604x3558px
>>
>>7271286
Source?
>>
>>7271305
>>7271319
>>7271323
>>7271329
>>7271335
>>7271343
>Muh infographics
>>
>>7254801
*sips fedora*
>>
>>7254787
Pepsi. It's the choice of a new generation™.
>>
coconut vanilla chai rooibos. best tea i have ever drank
>>
>>7271596
Quality post
>>
>>7271596

Seems you can't handle that much info at once so you mock it. Congratulations.
>>
I like my tea the opposite of how I like my traps. Black and straight.
>>
You should get your tea from sri Lanka, otherwise your tea is going to contain heavy metals.
>>
>>7261717
>Most people don't even know where chai tea
>chai tea
>tea tea

stop that.
>>
>>7255245
most oranges aren't orange the color change is the result of the freezing process they use to sweeten them.
>>
File: tall_infographics.png (90KB, 294x1108px) Image search: [Google]
tall_infographics.png
90KB, 294x1108px
>>7272143
>>7272241
>1
>muh health benefits of tea
>2
>anything with bubble tea doesn't deserve my respect
>3
I don't care about tea history but seems accurate enough
>4
There is so little information on that chart that it doesn't even look like a tall infographic. the designer who made it must have been so disappointed.
>5
>blend bullshit
>tea bag
>short of boiling water
WTF is that even supposed to mean? There is a right numerical temperature to brew green tea. That is 70-75°C (generally. depends heavily on the exact type of green tea) that's not a god damn secret. A 5s google research is enough to know that.
>6
>Muh health benefits again
Apart from that mildly useful information that you could have found easily anywhere with a 15s google search.

Tall infographics. Not even once.
>>
>>7272574
(not the guy that posted them)
but from the looks of it it's more or less suppose to be introductory information. For people who either don't drink tea or are interested in drinking tea. Tea is surprisingly information dense for a beverage and I would have probably appreciated stuff like this when I started drinking tea but yeah most people should just read a damn book.
>>7271329
this one on the other hand is nice. (although only really accurate to Chinese style teas)
>>
>>7257444
Man, this stuff always ends up bitter as fuck. I can make a pot of Twining's Earl Grey and let it sit overnight, but it still isn't nearly as bitter as this jasmine after like three minutes. Is there something I'm missing?
>>
>>7272914
yeah you're steeping it for 2 minutes too long and should probably be using sub-boiling water.
>>
>>7265803
Make a big thing of tea, decant into container for the fridge, then heat before work?
>>
>>7271343
155 cups a year?

that has to be complete BS. I know the south loves their diabetes juice but I doubt that would tip the scales to average out to 155 cup average.
>>
File: 1431889648110.gif (115KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1431889648110.gif
115KB, 500x278px
Been drinking some Honeybush, and then realized the plant is on the verge of extinction.
>>
when I drink tea I typically drink it with nothing added, simply hot water with the tea steeping, and I swear so many teas end up tasting like soap.. especially green tea. Do you guys usually add sugar? I haven't found very many teas that are good alone. Just want some subtly flowery tastes.
>>
>>7273299
rinse it
>>
They have these in the vending machines in the engineering building at my uni for $2, The golden oolong and jasmine are my go-to lunch and/or all nighter drinks
>>
>>7273299
sugar to me brings out iys better flavors, I can't stand tea w/o at least a little sweetener
>>
>>7273057
I've never had honey bush, how does it compare to rooibos?
>>
English Breakfast with 1 sugar and a splash of milk.

>Pleb 'n Proud.
>>
>>7271343
>black tea re-steep

what the actual fuck
every tea should be re-steeped except exactly the black tea
>>
>>7273299
No, you're doing it right. No sugar.

If you tea taste bad try buying better tea leaves. Buy loose, buy ~5€/100g or more (10 15) if you are more experimented, buy organic or looks-like-organic-but-without-any-label, buy broken or whole leaves, no fanning, no dust.

>>7273575
>every tea should be re-steeped except exactly the black tea
Every single tea can be re-steeped, black/red tea included.

Maybe Crush, Tear, Curl, can't be re-steeped, but not because it's black tea. Because it's shit tea.
>>
Depends on my mood and weather.

Black with lemon and sugar in summer.
Black with raspberry juice in fall/winter.
Strong black with nothing when shitty mood.
Green with nothing when stressed.
>>
>>7273537

Honeybush tastes quite similar to rooibos's slight wooden sensation but there's a suble but noticeable flavor of honey, it sounds cliche to say but it's true.
>>
>>7273821
See de difference between should and can

And do not imply that users of these iconographies drink quality tea

And enjoy your cup
>>
Where can I get a decent cast iron teapot? I see some nice looking ones on Amazon, but the price and uncertain manufacturer/country of origin kind of scares me. Some of them have shitty reviews stating the enamel chips off fast. A local tea store is selling a pretty decent one for $100, but one of the cheap Amazon listings looks to be the exact same thing.
>>
>>7267470
That looks super good.
>>
>>7275973
tetsubins are alright. Get them from japan if you can. The enamel issues are probably from tards that put them on the stove thinking it's the same thing as a kettle. Which would cause the enamel to chip because of non-uniform expansion under heat. You could probably get 3 ceramic pots for the price of a tetsubin though.
>>
File: 1388035148130.png (171KB, 346x297px) Image search: [Google]
1388035148130.png
171KB, 346x297px
Trying out this new Darjeeling I got in the mail. It's kinda weak, so maybe I need more leaf or to steep it longer. I only got it so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping later.

>>7259803
Knew a dude in high school who said Lady Grey was the GOAT tea. Fuck that kid. Regular ass Earl Grey is better.
It's not bad tho.
>>
>Ctrl+F "Turkish"
>0 results

Maybe next thread.
>>
I got some Gunpowder from the Upton green tea sampler pack, and I swear to god it's black tea. Is it supposed to be like this or did I fuck up?
>>
>>7256221
I also wanna know this.
>>
>>7276621
steep it for less time and with lower heat water.
It's suppose to taste different for a green tea. It's rolled so tight it sort of ferments without the same amount of oxidization. It's a rich tea give it a little while it'll grow on ya.
>>
>>7276641
almost forgot brew it in sort of flushes. Put a bit of tea in a bot and brew it for like 30 seconds the first time and ascending steep times for consecutive flushes. Each flush will taste a little different it's kinda fun.
>>
>>7276641
Okay, that's all I need to know. I didn't find it unpleasant (but then again I used to drink coffee black) but I was worried the packaging was wrong or I really, really fucked up.
>>
>>7276651
The package said to steep it for 3 minutes so hot damn this will make a difference
>>
>>7276662
(had to look it up again)
yeah like 30 seconds if you're using almost boiling water. 1 minute if you're using water that's like 160-180f. First two a like a minute. Then add 30-45 seconds for each one after.
>>
>>7276686
I don't know the exact temperature since i"m using my roommate's electric kettle, and it just marks the type of tea (green, white, oolong, black, etc) but I assume it was ~170
>>
>>7276698
You can probably check the manual online or whatever. Not that it makes a huge difference. You're always better of going by your sense of taste and watching the parlor of the tea.
>>
>>7255792
holy shit are you me

im drinking yamamoto yama genmaicha right now, but the loose leaf
>>
>>7256221
.. ask your friend where they got theirs?
>>
Darjeeling for black.

Sencha for green.

Hibiscus for iced.

Oolong is nice now and then as well.
>>
>>7264909
actually, caffeine helps curb appetite.
so if you replace sugary sodas or juice with caffeinated tea, you will end up eating less as well as cutting out all the extra liquid calories.

green tea is also said to stimulate the metabolism, helping you burn 4% more calories over a 24 hour period, which adds up to something like 7 pounds lost in a year but you have to have five cups of it every day.
>>
>>7277200
or one teaspoon of matcha.
>>
File: 20160117_035923.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160117_035923.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>7254787
This one
>>
>>7276439

Isn't Darjeeling considered the "wine of teas" ?
>>
>>7277146
They got it at some random yard sale, doesn't help much.
>>
>>7271335
>steep white tea for 30-60seconds

Enjoy your water flavoured water.
>>
>>7254998
Rooibos tastes disgusting to me, I like green tea and jasmin though. Funnily enough my brother loves rooibos and hates green tea
>>
>>7277948
>teabag white tea
I have no idea what that would even looks like. Maybe white dust can brew very fast.
>>
Just tasted some puer tea for the first time, and my first impression was that I have to do some sort of mushroom soup with this shit.

Any ideas?
>>
File: why.jpg (18KB, 372x260px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
18KB, 372x260px
>>7273495

>sugar water
>>
>>7278460
There's no sugar in any of those though

He's paying an embarrassing price for it though, those are about fiddy cents
>>
File: 1426446154175.jpg (182KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
1426446154175.jpg
182KB, 816x816px
Just bought some Oolong (first time in a very very long time). I completely forgot how it tastes and so far it has a nutty wooden aroma, and it tastes amazing. Very smooth just like the name.
>>
>>7277951
>Rooibos tastes disgusting to me

It's not for everyone. For me it leaves a dry irritable sensation in the back of my throat, it just doesn't taste smooth without additional flavoring.
>>
>>7271305
Snake. Oil.
>>
>>7278787

Lemme guess because the FDA and their corporate overlord pharmaceuticals didn't approve of it?
>>
>>7278801
Do you actually think that cinnamon is a proper antiviral medicine? Or that even if it was, that a miniscule amount in some bullshit Tazo blend is going to do anything about your herpes?
>>
>>7279700

>>7279700

It depends, yeah sure the certified antiviral medicine will fix the problem... but will also add side effects which gives the doctor another reason to prescribe you more medication.
>>
Lipton iced tea.
>>
>>7279746
Do you believe in chemtrails?
>>
>>7280364

Yes and no. Though i'm assuming you're referring to a government conspiracy spraying chemicals to alter weather conditions? That i'm not so certain of, but what I do think what's happening is that planes of themselves are releasing horrible chemicals in our atmosphere similar to a vehicle, it's pollution and probably finds its way down to Earth's surface.
>>
There is nothing more refreshing on a hot summer day
>>
>>7278745

Green? Roasted? Oolong's my favorite, but it varies so wildly between companies. My two most disappointing teas have been oolongs, made me want to barf.
>>
>>7258800
chinatown
>>
>>7271319
>china
>pantyhose milk tea
>pantyhose milk tea from hong kong from british influence
>>
I imagine the 5 different teas and how they can be associated with a certain life style.

>White
Elderly, aged and living a quiet life of subtleness. Stress free and much thought provoking.

>Green
Very active and ongoing, very new age and willing to exercise and the health benefits from it. Willing to be social and diverse to keep others going.

>Oolong
Out in the cabin somewhere with a few close friends, taking in nature next to your dog you don't mind just going with the flow.

>Black
The working man's drink, an alternative to coffee these people are the workforce of society to keep them going.

>Pu-erh
The wine drinkers of tea. They love to preserve tea to its right age and don't mind having a collection, they drink elaborately with style and class. These are the elite of tea drinkers, aka the 1%/.
>>
>>7271319
this is a shitty infographic. why are so many details written sideways?
Thread posts: 225
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.