[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm here to provide you with a public information announcement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: fucking cunt fuck fuck.jpg (626KB, 953x706px) Image search: [Google]
fucking cunt fuck fuck.jpg
626KB, 953x706px
I'm here to provide you with a public information announcement /ck/. You're relatively young, probably drink a lot and eat some damn good food right?

WHOA. NELLY.

You might have heard of gout, aka The Disease of Kings. That sounds pretty baller, and anyway, there's no way it's going to affect you, you might think. Doesn't matter, it fucking might, and the precautions are easy. Look up purine rich foods and avoid gorging on them, slow down on the beer, get some vitamin C in your diet.

I've pretzeled my fibula and had a drunken, unqualified onlooker attempt to "fix" it. Gout is worse, all concentrated in one point, and you can't go and get a doctor to fix it. God knows why we haven't evolved some fucking pain switch yet, I GET IT, JOINT'S FUCKED, SHUT UP.

tl;dr fuck gout cunt blasting tit grenade
>>
What's wrong babby stomach, can't handle a little NSAID use?
>>
my dad got gout once from too much irish whisky
>>
Didn't Bobby get gout once? Heheheh.
>>
>>7251020
They've become useless.
>>
I don't eat much meat, and I don't drink. So I think I will be fine.
>>
>>7250975
Thanks for the heads up!
>>
>>7251195
Sounds pretty gay
>>
File: 1449883994313.jpg (105KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1449883994313.jpg
105KB, 640x640px
>>7251030
I'LL TELL YOU WHEN I'VE HAD ENOUGH
>>
>>7250975
Looking forward to the opportunity to finally take some sick leave.
>>
>>7250975
Couple questions, as this is something I fear.

How old are you?

Height/weight?

Diet?

Alcohol intake?
>>
>>7251326
I have this shit because I'm an alcoholic manlet, but I want to stress that it's painful enough to make the effort to avoid regardless. If someone offered right now, I'd let them cut my foot off.

1.75m, 72kg
Relatively light*
~120g ethanol a day

*I can try yo go into more detail on my diet if you want, but I don't eat much because of the alcohol. Maybe: 150g meat or fish per day, 150g carbs, 50g fat, 5g sugar.
>>
>>7251380
Where do you live? Because I'm certainly willing to cut your foot off.
>>
File: keto.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
keto.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
I was eating Keto and lost 35 lbs but I got a bad case of gout. It settled in my knee, wrist and shoulders. I swear I thought I was going to die. I have had 12 operations on my knees in the past and the pain from Gout was exponentially worse. I quit eating chicken wings, pulled pork, seafood and anything else that was high in Purines. It's been 3 weeks and the pain is finally starting to let up a little. I have been drinking lots of water, taking ibuprofen, and using ice packs for some relief.
>>
>>7250975
> not drinking cherry juice (not the one with a ton of sugar) to treat your gout
>>
>>7251409
Christ, I'm glad I only get it in my feet so far. This'll sound like a joke, but try using one of those cheap shit bullet vibrators on your joints, the sensation sort of overrides the pain sometimes.
>>
>>7251409
Twelve operations on your knees? Sounds like you had other underlying health issues. What were they?
>>
>>7251427
Fell off a roof 25 years ago, landed on my feet...my knees went one way and my body went the other. I blew out both knees, tore the ACL's, PCL's miniscus, ...ect. Dr. said it would have killed the average man. they wanted to put me on total disability, I told them, "hell no. had operations and got a different job. Other than the surgeries I have never missed a day of work in my life. The Gout has floored me though.
>>
>>7251252
You are aware you can take sick leave without being sick right?
>>
>>7251442
In retrospect, don't you think it would have been better to just stay on the roof?
>>
>>7251447
Sure, but I don't get sick leave. They just take one of my vacation days. So I would rather work. That's just me....drives my wife crazy.
>>
>>7251447
I know you can try. I know there are people who get away with it. I also know there are people who are simply incapable of lying without being uncovered, myself being one of them.
>>
The first time I got gout I had just come back from a dive trip and the Doc thought for sure i had the bends. My wrists, elbows and ankles felt like they were broken. I knew I didn't have the bends so I did some research and found out it was gout. I had been on a lowcarb diet and ate too much protein and not enough fat. Eating cherries is recommended but I don't know if it they really help or not.
>>
I have a bit of uric acid buildup (gout) in my index, middle and a little in each joints. Magnesium + b6 does away with it I hear. I'm taking about 300mg of magnesium with each meal.
>>
>>7251476
First time it happened to me I was convinced I'd somehow managed to break my toe in my sleep.
>>
I've had it in either ankle about 7 times. Insanely painful, and I work on my feet.
First time I got it i didn't know wtf was going on, phoned in to work, went to the hospital for an xray which took 10 fucking hours (canada), and the bastard said there was nothing wrong. Yeah, that's why I'm in excruciating pain. Still got a doctor's note though and took a week off. It didn't go away until after I went back to work.
The other times I got it, I went to work anyways because working in a kitchen and taking time off is a way to piss everyone off and possibly get fired. I found out that being on your feet for ten hours will make it go away way faster. Within 2 days everytime I worked with it, it was gone. So painful standing on it all day, but it goes away faster. The time I got it when I wasn't working (2014) was the most excruciating one and it lasted two fucking weeks. Day 2 was the most painful day, I couldn't believe how painful that was. Unbelievable. I was 27 and that's the first time I've had tears in my eyes from pain since I was a child, and I've broken bones and got bad burns, but they don't compare. I think the butter chicken and booze caused it that time. I don't get why I only get it in my ankles. Hopefully I never get it in both at the same time, because there's no way I could work then.
>>
File: Victory-Baby-Meme-03[1].jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Victory-Baby-Meme-03[1].jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>Meat and seafood may increase your risk of gout. Dairy products may lower your risk.
>dairy may lower your risk

>only eat meat once or twice a week at most
>eat fresh vegetables every day
>don't drink
never gettin' gout
>>
>>7251380
The only reason I know you're being true is because as an alcoholic myself, I know the "I don't eat much because of the alcohol" I always see these college kids saying IM ALCOHOL WHAT IS MUNCHY FOOD..nigg I don't eat. I drink my calories. Food doesn't interest me in the slightest. I can make a whole meal for every one and not eat and I do it nightly and ask them if it tastes alright. We are all headed to death.
>>
>>7252432
>We are all headed to death.
nah alcy one day people will stop dying and dead people will be brought back after enough hard work has been put in advancing science and technology
>>
>>7252436
the bible is misinterpreted and (holy shit I spelled that word correctly) the dead already walk the earth. It doesn't mean zombies it means people who don't care and hate life and are already dead inside and nothing, not the food they eat, not their life, nothing gives them emotions. They are zombies and they are here walking around as every one else.
>>
>>7252419
Some fruits and veggies also cause gout, especially asparagus. Last time I got gout, I was having a ton of asparagus before and had this shit the night before.
>>
>>7252440
that's because people don't understand what god is, so they say there is no god or that jesus is god and he's going to magically come back and save everyone. then they try to party until they die because they tell each other that everything is going to die and partying is all that matters.
>>
Sodium bicarb. Lots of it. Thank me later.
>>
>>7252450
I take the bible as a lesson sort of like a book of fables for learning lifes lessons that try to show you what you should do. I don't believe in god or jesus or this or that. But there are some good lessons in that book that was written by man and people take it the wrong way. I don't think there is heaven or hell just life. Do this and you should be okay in life is what I take it as. Treat others with respect. Man needs woman. Woman needs man. Without that, life dies. Never seen a woman get a woman pregnant yet. When it rains, it is shitty weather. If you kill people you go to prison and your life sucks for the most part.
>>
>>7252407
The pain level is absolutely nonsensical. I can't wait until we develop selective nerve control.
>>
>>7252457
god = creator of the universe
heaven = doesn't exist yet but it will with the advancement of science and technology
hell = realizing what's happened and feeling the worst depression when you have to face everyone and tell them why you were a bad person that didn't want to help
>>
>>7252481

I find it incredible that teenagers today can still find spiritual enlightenment despite the lack of myspace. Good on you, kid.
>>
>>7250975
You need some pretty damn one-sided diet to actually get the gout in modern times. That doesn't have anything to do with "damn good food". OP was just an idiot.
>>
>>7252492
I don't know, damn good food is often very unhealty. If you got gout from eating nothing but foie gras I think you could say happily you got it from eating damn good food. Stupidity of gorging yourself has nothing to do with matters of taste when it comes to considering food in and of itself
>>
>>7252492
This isn't true. It affects some people more than others. I see people eating pretty much everything that causes gout and they never had it once. I eat lots of different things and I've had it seven or so times.
>>
I've had gout a couple times. Both times in the left ankle. The first time I actually didn't even know it was gout. I thought I had somehow re-sprained my ankle. Started at work too, and I had to go up two flights of stairs. Ended up sort of hopping up and down them with my right leg and using the rail for support. Took about a month to fully subside.

Then nothing for years, until Oct 2014, right before I started a physical job. This guy >>7252407 is right about being on your feet making it go away faster. I also bought a cheap ankle support, and the compression helped a lot. After this attack I realized in hindsight what I thought was re-injuring a sprain, was gout.

I don't drink much, so I know the problem both times was not eating enough varied veg, and too much meats.
>>
>>7252492
Does lots of fresh vegetables like cauliflower, spinach and peas, seafood like tuna, mackeral and scallops and nutrient rich meat products like liver and broth seem healthy? Because all of those will contribute.
>>
>>7250975
ONLY PEOPLE WHO GET FUCKING GOUT ARE FAT BLOBS
>>
>eat red meat and offal regularly
>only eat meat three times a week on average
>eat moderate amounts of fish but prefer oily fish especially anchoives
>drink more than I should but it's mostly wine
>eat a large amount of pulses and high purine veg
>but there is conflicting evidence and it's amongst lower purine veg as well
>smoke but not regularly
>drink coffee and tea everyday
>love dairy products and demolish a cheese board if I'm near one

I'm so unsure about if I'm going to get it or not. I mean I've had no health problems so far but watching my uncle go through the pain I'm concerned. Him screaming as he put weight on his foot to get out of the car frightened the shit out of me
>>
Well, the pain has subsided from crippling to merely hobbling, but now all my other limbs hurt from a weekend spent hopping and crawling around.

On the plus side, I made some cheddar and stilton on toast that was pretty great.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.