[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is caesar chicken salad the most meme salad? It's still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: pic.jpg (63KB, 560x373px) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
63KB, 560x373px
Is caesar chicken salad the most meme salad?

It's still my personal favorite. How about you, cu/ck/'s?
>>
>>7247603
I think a wedge salad is the most meme salad.
>>
>>7247603
Not a meme, it's been a popular salad since as far back as I can remember. Its also my favorite.
>>
>>7247625

In my shithole country the Caesar is. Mostly every fast food joint has salad on the menu. And caesar chicken is either the only one or one of the two.
>>
>>7247631
So your definition of meme is literally anything that's popular.

This is why the term meme has become so watered down that it's basically meaningless now.
>>
>>7247646

There are just many layers of irony, my friend. Take it easy, memelord.
>>
>>7247603
I just like the dressing
>>
File: Le Caesar.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Le Caesar.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
It makes a decent pizza.
>>
>>7247603
I think chicken Caesar is an abomination. The idea that a salad ought to be as caloric as a steak and people will think it's healthy because it's topped with industrially raised commodity grade chicken breast is absurd.

I would not call it a meme salad, but its popularity is a tragic reflection of the worst sensibilities of late 90's/early 2000's dining out sensibilities.

It is the epitome of "I don't know what I want to eat but I want something I think is healthy yet still filling".

A dish for idiots.
>>
File: image.jpg (282KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
282KB, 3000x1688px
>>7247795
>>
>>7247795
You realize chicken caesar is not a side salad, but a main dish, right?

>industrially raised commodity grade chicken breast
Oh, I see. Bait away.
>>
>>7247801
Posting a fedora image does not change reality.

This article is nearly a decade old, but it sums the chicken Caesar up perfectly:
http://blog.ruhlman.com/2007/08/chicken-ing-cae/
>>
>>7247603
I've only had caesar salads without tomatoes and without chicken. Where are you getting yours? I've also heard they'll put a raw egg on top...for some reason.
>>
>>7247810
>You realize chicken caesar is not a side salad, but a main dish, right?
That's what's so appalling about it. It's the whole "I'm being healthy having a salad" thing meets fast food level excess.
>>
>>7247603
Salad in general is a meme.

The only salad I ever eat is tomatoes, smoked salmon, avocado, and the lettuce; all I bought from Costco, all mixed together, with a light Italian dressing.
>>
>>7247825

>i've also heard they'll put a raw egg on top

Egg yolk is part of the dressing.

They used to make it table side with fresh, raw eggs. These days most places who make their own Caesar dressing use pasteurized egg yolks, which you for some reason have to go to a restaurant supply store to find.
>>
>mfw my girlfriend proposed to me because i always give her all my croutons
>>
File: 1397191431126.png (552KB, 332x653px) Image search: [Google]
1397191431126.png
552KB, 332x653px
>go to Spoto's Steak Joint
>most expensive place I've ever been
>Caesar Salad comes up
>it's a rectangular plate
>with a head of romaine
>a little serving dish of lettuce
>croutons on the end
>a pile of cheese between the croutons and the dressing
>they give me a knife, an empty bowl, and leave the table
>think they're going to make it for me
>come back with refills and it's still there
>get the hint
>make my own fucking salad
>>
>>7247831
>Costco
Meme supermarket
>>
>>7247822
I like how agreed with me that caesar on pizza is amazing. How much posting must I do for you guys to see through my caesar dressing lenses?
>>
>>7247846
>>a little serving dish of lettuce
Whoops, dressing. Little serving dress of the salad dressing
>>
>>7247890

Somebody has had one too many serving dresses of shot glass dressing.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.