[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tl;dr: Can/How-do I cook jar popcorn in a microwave? Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 15066971?wid=480&hei=480.jpg (57KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
15066971?wid=480&hei=480.jpg
57KB, 480x480px
tl;dr: Can/How-do I cook jar popcorn in a microwave? Pic related

So I just realized my 100 calorie diet snack of popcorn turns out to be like 300 once I cook it on the range with cooking oil.

I was wondering if there was some way I could cook it in the microwave? Maybe with a bowl or something?
>>
>>7244276
cover a bowl with tinfoil anon.
>>
Not without oil.

Get an air popper, if it really concerns you. They're dirt cheap. It doesn't taste as good, and isn't actually good for you anyway, but I guess it means you can eat more of it.
>>
>>7244287
should I stick a fork in with it too?
>>
>>7244292
the problem is, I get hungry super fast so I need something with lots of bulk but not much in the calorie department. Vegetables get expensive when you eat them all the time.
>>
>>7244302
Protein, nigga. Jesus Christ. Eggs are cheap, hard boil some. Buy bulk chicken breast, cook it in advance and have some cold chicken to eat like a cold cut snack. Learn how to make your own beef jerky. Eating featherweight carbs won't do shit for you.
>>
>>7244295
a spoon is preferable.
>>
>>7244276
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0sgyAFh_6U
>>
>>7244276
Put your popcorn in a microwavable bowl. Coat the kernels with olive oil if you want. Cover the top of the bowl with a plate and stick it into the microwave.
>>
take a microwavable plate. Put the seeds on it. Take a microwavable bowl, put it over the seeds on the plate. Experiment with the time. Wa la
>>
>>7244414
>Wa la
I must be new, this triggered me.
>>
>>7244302

Rice waffles? Cucumbers? You're not the first person to ever go looking for this ... just use google.
>>
>>7244276
If you're using 200 calories of oil you're using too much.
>>
>>7244419
I know, right? It's supposed to be voo-wa-la
>>
>>7244419
Lurk moar
>>
>>7244419
Yes, you really are.
You'll get used to it soon.
>>
I put about 1\4 cup kernels in a brown lunch sack, add a half capful of olive oil and shake the hell out of it and microwave while the bag is rolled closed for a couple minutes until popping has stopped. Add salt and pepper, shake in bag and pour into bowl.
>>
File: img68c.jpg (102KB, 574x574px) Image search: [Google]
img68c.jpg
102KB, 574x574px
i use this microwave popper. you can add butter on the top and it will melt in or you can do it completely dry with no oil or anything.
works great and you can use any jarred popcorn you like
>>
>>7244302
Peanut butter + a lot of things works. Celery, rice cakes, accomplishes what you're looking for. Bulk amount of food + decent level of calories. Go easy and measure out the peanut butter if you're looking to lose weight. Beans give you gas, but they're fucking cheap and versatile.

>Vegetables get expensive when you eat them all the time.

I don't know where you live, but a pound of broccoli is no where near what a jar of popcorn would be.
>>
>>7244419
Nah, you're good. We hate that guy, too.
>>
>>7244940

I use one, too. If OP doesn't have one already, he could make due with a covered microwave safe glass bowl.
>>
>>7244940
I don't think my hands could fit inside that = 2 dishes = no thanks
>>
File: cherokee corn.jpg (70KB, 634x400px) Image search: [Google]
cherokee corn.jpg
70KB, 634x400px
>>7244334
>>7244414
These.
>>
>>7246793
its too hot to put your hand in anyways. you pour it out into a bowl.
if it is too hard for you to wash a bowl why are you even trying to make popcorn anyways, just go buy a bag of already popped.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.