[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>British people eat this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10

File: img_8968-wm[1].jpg (3MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
img_8968-wm[1].jpg
3MB, 2592x1944px
>British people eat this
>>
That's a terrible example of one of the better things eaten by bongs.
>>
Looks delicious, my friend. And I'm not yanking your chain.
>>
>>7241450
Besides the edges being removed, this looks bretty gud
>>
went to new hampshire over the summer to visit some relatives and they were big fans of the cucumber & mayo sandwich. I don't get it. then again I don't like mayo much.
>>
>>7241463
I thought it was some sort of cream cheese
>>
>>7241455
It's a better example of one of the terrible things eaten by bongs.
>>
>>7241450
Puhhh what you need is Bread, Chicken, Lettuce, Cucumber and Pesto boom
>>
>>7241450
looks pretty good. tomato + mayo sandwiches are good too, especially if you live where it's hot and humid.
>>
>>7241450
Well British people suck at cuisine.
>>
>>7241450
also: American Episcopalians and White South Africans
>>
im british and i have never eaten a cucumber and cream cheese sandwich
>>
>>7241450
They're actually really good
>>
File: 1443839753962.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1443839753962.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
>Well James Cromwell the Third, we just brutally conquered the world's oceans, raped the planet's brown people and stole every single spice under the sun!
>By george, Muhammad Livingstonsheed, you are quite right! just look at the wealth of hearty cuisine we can make!
>beans on toast
>boiled eels
>toast sandwich
>chip butty
>fish fingers
>with spoiled white wine on potatoes
>meat juice, aka bovril
>rancid mold sauce, aka worchestershire
>dead leaves in some water
>toothpaste 'mints'
>second hand Indian food
>ground organs in a stomach, boiled of course
>baby food, aka mushed up peas
>fish head pie
>unseasoned pickle sandwich
>blood
>if only it was legal to enjoy these with forks and knives
>>
>>7241769
7/10
>>
cream cheese doesn't go on there, it's just crustless cucumber on crustless bread, with a tiny bit of butter

it's just a little nibble that's part of afternoon tea, you're not meant to eat a large amount
>>
File: toast sandwich.jpg (35KB, 468x353px) Image search: [Google]
toast sandwich.jpg
35KB, 468x353px
>>7241769
>toast sandwich
>look it up
>It's exactly what it sounds like
Holy Shit, Britain.
>>
>>7241820
youre an idiot if you think people actually ate that outside of famine/rationing times.
i think i would prefer to eat toast sandwich rather than gruel, which most of the world has eaten at some point
>>
>>7241841

britbong pls go

you do not belong on a food and cooking board.
>>
>>7241841
>i think i would prefer to eat toast sandwich rather than gruel
This is the saddest attempt at a defense I've ever read.
>>
>>7241844
lol okay americlap im sure your food is the peak of cooking worldwide.
and if my food is so terrible, isnt that the exact reason why i should be on a cooking board to improve??
classic american moron
>>
>>7241820
why not...just toast it all or just eat it untoasted...
>>
>>7241846
but thats exactly the point of a toast sandwich? what is your point, do you think ppl actually eat this?
>>
>>7241847
>isnt that the exact reason why i should be on a cooking board to improve?
You can't improve if you can't accept criticism. And speaking of criticism, for a native of Jolly Old England, your English writing skills need some work. "I" should be capitalized, and "isn't" is a contraction, and needs an apostrophe. Just a couple tips from your friends across the pond.
>>
>>7241853
'please go' is not valid criticism.
and yeah, sorry i should have realised i was dealing with an autist, we dont have that many over here.
>>
>>7241849
>but thats exactly the point of a toast sandwich?
That you'd rather eat it than gruel? Yes, I suppose you would. That's not much of a defense though.
>>
>>7241857
>Not typing like a 5th grader makes you an Autist
In all likelihood though, you are a 5th grader, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>7241859
getting mad over grammar on a malaysian horse racing site is definitely autistic.
okay grandpa, id rather be 23 than 50
>>
>>7241848
I can only surmise from people's responses here that this was eaten when there was absolutely no meat, and people were so desperate for another texture than bread, that they toasted bread and put it between two pieces of bread.
>>
>>7241862
>getting mad
Nothing you have said has made me even close to mad. This whole thing has been kind of hilarious. I had no idea before today that toast sandwiches were a thing, or that underage Brits got so pooper-peeved when you laughed at that fact.
>>
>>7241847

boy you sure sound like you're learning and not shitposting you corntoothed cousin fucker
>>
>>7241865
>underage
>pooper peeved
Irony.
>>
>>7241865
i think its pretty funny that toast sandwiches existed also, but unlike you i can tell people dont eat this now, and americans have eaten things just as bad during times of scarcity
>>
>>7241869
You're persistent, I'll give you that.
>>
>>7241853
Go to bed bro, it's way past your bedtime.
>>
>>7241878
>america
>scarcity
>>
>>7241881
>You're typing like a child
>N-no you!
>>
>>7241882
But really though, there's a reason we're so fat here. We're living off the fat of the land.
>>
>>7241889
I'm not the same guy bro. But it's 6:30am for you flyover state garbage, and it's clear how tetchy you get when you're tired.
>>
File: beef--wellington.jpg (45KB, 472x310px) Image search: [Google]
beef--wellington.jpg
45KB, 472x310px
>>
>>7241897
What point are you even trying to make at this point? It's funny. It's a piece of toast between two pieces of bread. I'm not sure why you're getting so mad that people are laughing at it.
>>
File: how-new.png (97KB, 358x314px) Image search: [Google]
how-new.png
97KB, 358x314px
>>7241904
>Can't tell who he's talking to
>>
>>7241904
You need to get some sleep, my flyover friend.
>>
>>7241920
If you're not the same guy, why are you even arguing?
>>
>>7241937
What else is there to do?
>>
Jesus christ IP ban on brits when
>>
>>7241450
We don't eat cucumber with mayo, only retarded americans would do that, it would be disgusting. Cucumber sandwiches are eaten with extemely soft white bread and BUTTER only.
>>
>>7241820
>>7241769
We didn't wait until both world wars were already won to join them, so we sacrificed a little more in the way of food than americans.
>>
>>7241956
>posts cancer thread about brits
>suprised when brits respond
>>
>>7241956
funny most of the people in here are retarded amerifats
>>
File: really_britbongs_wow_lol.jpg (28KB, 593x426px) Image search: [Google]
really_britbongs_wow_lol.jpg
28KB, 593x426px
is it too late to join in on the bait?
Because I can't be the only one still laughing that britbongs eat this for breakfast (or at all)
>>
File: flag.jpg (4KB, 180x90px) Image search: [Google]
flag.jpg
4KB, 180x90px
>>7241450
>muh cheesy gordita crunch
>>
>>7241979
It's eaten for breakfast everyday, anon.
>>
File: American vs British.jpg (445KB, 2108x616px) Image search: [Google]
American vs British.jpg
445KB, 2108x616px
>>7241450
Typical American 'restaurant' vs British
>>
>>7241989

>variety, abundance, attractive women, electricity
>vs
>a shed
>>
>>7241992
>Heart Attack Grill
>A place where obese creatures go to eat themselves to death

Kek
>>
File: American vs British Restaurants.jpg (619KB, 2366x824px) Image search: [Google]
American vs British Restaurants.jpg
619KB, 2366x824px
>>7241989
Two can play at that game.
>>
>>7241755
This. Although I *did* just have a cream cheese, smoked salmon and cucumber sandwich. On brown, not white, bread.
>>
>>7241968
I had a cucumber sandwiches in two different tea sets in the UK when I visited and they both were with cream cheese I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>7241979
I always give my girlfriend the black pudding and I leave the tomato because christ I like tomato as much as the next guy but half of a goddamned tomato by itself is a bit too much.
>>
>>7242011
>Being a tourist
>Doing touristy things
>Being surprised that touristy things are a twee and not reflective of reality

What a revelation.
>>
>>7241979
How do you go about eating an English breakfast? Do you eat one thing at a time? Do you mix different foods together with each bite?
>>
>>7241979
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>7242018
Just eat one thing at a time and mix it up when you want to. . Just because you can't eat it in three massive mouthfuls like American breakfasts doesn't mean you can't eat it.
>>
>>7242031
The mushrooms, the raw egg, and whatever that black thing is
>>
>>7242033
It's just confusing having so many different foods piled onto one plate.
>>
>>7241979
People only have this occasionally maybe once or twice a month, it has to be;

>Sasuages
>Bacon
>Toast/Fried Bread
>Eggs
>Baked Beans
>Mushrooms
>Tomatoes
>Black Pudding
>Has Browns
>>
>>7242036
>Mushrooms

Optional like everything on the plate.

>Raw Egg

Runny yolks=raw now. I would have been suffering from salmonella for years by now if that was the case.

>That black thing is

Most places that serve breakfast don't do it, it's mostly reserved for the Welsh and posh middle class twats. Nobody really likes it here at all.

>>7242037
It's really not, and the beauty of it is it's entirely modular. You can have ten items or five items depending on your preferences.
>>
>>7242041
So do you normally finish eating one thing at a time or do you take bites of various foods one after the other?
>>
>>7242042
The latter, although most people put a bit of bacon and some beans on their forks. There's no correct or wrong way of doing it.
>>
File: inception.png (116KB, 366x378px) Image search: [Google]
inception.png
116KB, 366x378px
>>7242037
>It's just confusing having so many different foods piled onto one plate.
>>
>>7242037
What?
>>
>>7242041
mate black pudding is great, you dunno what youre missing out on
and its definitely not a middle class thing lol
>>
Thought I'd ask here. I've got to cook something for my old grandparents tomorrow (they're like 90 and can barely walk), but they only like British food due to WW2 and rationing and shit.

Anything I can cook for them that's decently easy and doesn't require masses of ingredients? I can't do Shepherds Pie since I did that last time they came round.
>>
>>7242067
Why are you upper class senpai
>>
>>7242073
Liver and onions?
>>
>>7242084
Not a fan of liver myself but I guess so. I'm thinking something with potatoes and shit.
>>
>>7242073
Bangers
Mash
Yorkshite Pudding
Peas
Carrots
Gravy/Onions
>>
>>7242099
Sounds simple, I'll probably go with this. Means I can cut out a lot of the mash like I can't do if I made a Shepherds or Fish pie.
>>
>>7242099
This. It's easy and peasey
pun intended

Also because they're old you can buy everything tinned/frozen. Heck, as brits they'd probably prefer it.
>>
>>7242073
toad in the hole?
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.