[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>new Samsung fridge has three cameras inside the fridge >you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

File: samsung fridge.png (514KB, 683x683px) Image search: [Google]
samsung fridge.png
514KB, 683x683px
>new Samsung fridge has three cameras inside the fridge
>you can use smartphone to look inside your fridge to see what's inside, what's past expiration date, etc.

Would you find this useful?
>>
>>7240896

viral marketing pls go
>>
useful, sure, but i would never buy it in a billion years
>>
>>7240896
Liked I'd tell you Samsung marketing department.
>>
No, I know exactly what's in my fridge and usually have a vague plan on how to use each item before it goes bad.

Seriously though, if I was making bank and had both a smart fridge and a smart phone I'd probably check up on my food multiple times a day, even if I was just in the next room, and get a better picture of what I was going to make for my next meal.
>>
>>7240896
>my fridge buying strategy is "use the fridge that comes with the flat I'm renting"

can't say it matters how I feel
>>
>>7240896
>proprietary refrigerator OS

BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T
>>
>>7240896

Sounds like a waste of time money and resources.
>>
>>7240934
not really. in 20 years everyone is going to have one of these fridges
>>
might be useful if you forgot your shopping list.
>>
>>7240951

>20 years
>>
>>7240951

Why the fuck would anyone want this shit? Wanna know whats in your fridge? Open the fucking fridge.
>>
>>7240971

Did you grow up in the street or something, or just never yet have to pay your own electric bills?
>>
>>7240975

Yeah checking the fridge is gonna be way less economical than running 3 cameras 24 hours a day.
>>
>>7240975
>I'm so poor that if I take too long in opening the fridge the landlord will throw me out into the street

How does it feel to live in a third world country buddy
>>
>>7240984
Cameras only turn on when you load up the fridge app on your smartphone.

They turn right back off after taking a picture.
>>
>>7240984

They already are...
>>
File: 1430151199269.jpg (60KB, 332x313px) Image search: [Google]
1430151199269.jpg
60KB, 332x313px
>>7240985
>>7240975
XD
>>
>>7240995
Not at all
>>
File: 1452050054202.jpg (31KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1452050054202.jpg
31KB, 540x540px
>>7241003
you think this is a fucking game
>>
Could be useful for people that check their fridge every 5 minutes to see if their food is still there.
>>
>>7241011

Out of everything, this post somehow made me laugh for a minute straight.
>>
>>7240975
It costs more to have this "money saving" device, champ. If I open my refrigerator 300 times in a month, it will cost me about $6. If I blow big bucks on this new fangled set up, it wouldn't pay for itself in a decade with door opening savings. Plus, you still have to open your refrigerator to retrieve food anyway.

It's a gimmick for suckers and people who don't know what to spend their money on.
>>
File: latest[1].png (27KB, 122x98px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
27KB, 122x98px
>>7240896
>/ck/ hacks anons fridge
>laughs at their literal shit taste
>anon is food shamed and cries for the food police
>>
>>7240896
To make that useful, you would literally have to log each piece of item that goes into the fridge. At that point, you could just stop being a retard.
>>
>>7241035

I bought a watch with a camera in it for $10 a couple months ago. All else being equal, putting in a few cameras that can connect to an app should barely cost anything compared to the energy bills from people who open their refrigerators every hour and spend 5 minutes staring at the same shit that was there the last time, expecting something new to magically appear.
>>
>>7241072
That cheapo camera watch wouldn't last two days in a refrigerator.
>>
Would be useful when WWIII happens and everyone hides in their fridge to protect themselves from the nuclear bomb and when the dust has settled and the emergency response team search for survivors they wont have to open the fridge and get a face full of rotting flesh stench. They just use the camera to see if anyone is alive in there.
>>
File: why.jpg (113KB, 962x878px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
113KB, 962x878px
This is going to create a whole new generation of anorexics who can look at literal video footage of their food without having to get near it.
>>
Why? Who the fuck needs this?
>>
>>7240951
faggot
>>
>>7240957
this is actually a valid (maybe the only valid) application of cameras in your fridge, and i like the idea.

forget your list? making an impromptu stop at the grocery store after work? maybe you decide, while you're out of the house, that you want to make something in particular for dinner but you're not sure if you've got all of the ingredients.

so, sure, i think that's a neat concept. probably easy to implement, too.
>>
>>7240915
This basically. I know exactly what's in my fridge at all times. I also know what's past date, IF there is something past date.

This would also be useless in making grocery lists for me as well. If I'm cooking for myself I just buy ingredients for whatever sounds good that week. If I'm cooking for company, same rule applies and they usually enjoy whatever I make.
>>
>monitor expiry date
a better application would be to have a barcode scanner which records the info and warns you when things are about to expire.
may need to work in conjunction with major supermarkets to have them print a barcode for fresh produce, or a master barcode on the reciept. packaged foods will already have the barcode.
>>
>>7241088

>literal video footage of their food without having to get near it

I can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlQr0F1Nt6w
>>
>>7240896
My first thought was "This is retarded and this marketer is even more retarded".

My second thought was "And now Google can check their fridges to send better targeted ads and track buying habits more efficiently".

And lastly "In 5 years it will be required to have fridgecams in Bonglanistan so they can execute you for having non-halal food".
>>
>>7241229

>now Google can check their fridges to send better targeted ads and track buying habits more efficiently

So that's why the recaptcha has been all food related recently?
>>
Come on guys, be polite. We have a guest.

Let's all give the nice man from Samsung what he wants:

First name:
Liked foods:
Yearly income:
Health issues:
>>
>>7241285
Pretty sure he'd only be looking for feedback, and whether this project would be worth continuing into mass production.
Or it could simply an anon who happens to be shopping for a fridge and saw this in his research and thought it would make an interesting conversation on /ck/.

Whatever the case I wouldn't have a need for a fridge like this. But it would be kinda cool to see if the light really does go out when I close the door.
>>
>>7240951
that doesn't make it not a waste of time money and resources
>>
File: 1414255770750.gif (365KB, 400x328px) Image search: [Google]
1414255770750.gif
365KB, 400x328px
>>7241229
this desu
fuck google trying to sell me shit get outta here
>>
>>7241285
Liked foods: irrelevant
>Yearly income: POOR (couldn't afford your fridge)
Health issues: irrelevant
>>
>>7240896
No.
I have a Samsung TV and it's fine.
But I can't install the Samsung Remote app on my Sony phone for solely the reason it's not a Samsung phone.
So no! No more Samsung products, thank you.
>>
>>7241285
>Max Power
>37
>Mayonnaise
>McRib, McDouble, Chikin Tendies
>Your Mom
>Volume 4 Issue 88, Volume 10 Issue 2
>>
>>7240896
How would it know the expiration of my jizz bottles
>>
>2023
>Be me
>Wait in line for 2 weeks for new apple iFridge 5
>Fridge only chills official licensed apple partner groceries
> Buy case of weeks worth of apple iWater for $53
>Freezer sold separately
>iFridge 4 came out 3 months ago
>At least apple fridges don't get viruses, BTFO microFridge(tm) users
>at least my wife's son likes it
>>
>>7241387
>dedicated power cord that doesnt work with other appliances or models
>>
>>7241053
At some point, image recognition software would be integrated to automatically identify items in the fridge.
>>
>>7241229
Google Nexus Fridge

Great performance at suspiciously low price.

Enabling Google Fridge Service mandatory upon delivery.
>>
>>7241387
>at least my wife's son likes it

c l a s s i c
>>
File: Sub_Zero_Wolf_Refrigerator.jpg (58KB, 450x532px) Image search: [Google]
Sub_Zero_Wolf_Refrigerator.jpg
58KB, 450x532px
>>7240896
botnet

But really? No. In fact I'd buy a Wolf instead of samshit. Or whirlpool or GMC or whoever else makes refrigerators
>>
>>7241570

Fuck you for posting that image.

I'm relatively happy, but shit like that makes me angry I'm not pulling the money needed to buy something like that on a whim, just because I want it.
>>
>>7241582
I know the feeling.

A man can dream.
>>
>>7241285

You fuckers crack me up. This board is a bunch of poor drunks. Not exactly a demo a company would try to sell their most expensive fridge to.
>>
>>7241285
>First name:
>Age: 24
>Gender: M
>Liked foods: Tasty shit I make or buy
>Yearly income: ;-;
>Health issues: Hypertension
>>
>>7240896
Why do I need cameras in my fridge...
>>
>>7240896
Why not just look inside your fridge? If you're looking to see what's expired, then don't you want to be next to the fridge to toss the thing out anyway?
>>
>>7240896
No, I look at the expiration date like everyone else, and unlike autists I don't have a problem with it.
>>
>>7240920
tru
>>
>>7241824
I think it's more made for people doing their grocery shopping on the way home from work who can't remember what's in the fridge.
>>
What we need is cameras with facial recognition on the outside and if you open the fridge more than four times in a day it locks the door.
>>
>>7240896
At what point in my life would I not know what' s inside my fridge?
>>
>>7241303
>Pretty sure he'd only be looking for feedback, and whether this project would be worth continuing into mass production.
So, considering no one here would want (or could afford) to buy one, shouldn't we encourage the production just to watch them make a bunch of shit refrigerators that no one wants?
>>
>>7240896
Fridge ordering OS...

>it runs Windows
Heaps of cheap, widely available food but it goes off quickly and often comes with extra packaging and bugs.

>It runs Macos
Expensive, although usually good quality food.
Very few stores sell the food and most people that shop there are pretentious dicks.

>It runs Linux
Mostly raw ingredients available, can be tricky to get food for if you're new to it.
Fridge comes with built in Anime streaming LCD.
>>
>>7241917
I imagine in America, hacks would be released within hours.
>>
No thanks. I prefer the contents of my fridge to be in a state of quantum superposition until I open the door.
>>
>>7240905
How poor are you that you cant afford a fridge with cameras in it?
>>
/g/entoomans browse /ck/? im impressed
that is all
>>
Not knowing what's in the fridge is half the fun. Fuck off, chaebol shill.
>>
Wow more bells and whistles that can fuck up, well done.
>>
If someone gave the technology to me for free, I might use it for when I go shopping. I always forget shit, even when I make a list. I would want to know what's in my cabinets, too, though, so I would stop buying noodles I already have (every FUCKING time).
>>
File: 1434232340786.png (597KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1434232340786.png
597KB, 1280x720px
First the botnet makes me use non-free Javascript to order pizza online.
Now the botnet wants to use non-free software to spy on my food habits.

I'm going to STARVE
>>
Saudi Arabian hackers would use this tech to turn your fridge food halal without your permission
>>
>>7240896
I always know exactly how many beers are in my fridge.
>>
File: kek.jpg (30KB, 377x411px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
30KB, 377x411px
> 2016
> not having a excel file with the expiring date of all the food in the house
>>
>>7241588
>>Age: 24
>>Health issues: Hypertension

dat sum shit genes
>>
>>7242853
I'm a heavy drinker and I smoke.

But yeah, runs in the family anyway.
>>
>>7241570
>>7241582
>>7241584

>he doesn't have 17k to blow on a refrigerator

Someone call the pleb patrol
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.