[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheese recognition test, /ck/. Do your best.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (913KB, 1898x1785px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
913KB, 1898x1785px
Cheese recognition test, /ck/.
Do your best.
>>
>>7217895
u r a fag
>>
Why are European '''cheeses''' so pale? Can they just not afford cows with orange milk?
>>
Butter Roquefort bread Manchego some shitty ritz knockoff Brie
Cc from yellow shit
Shitty pic. Nice resolution
>>
Stilton, something that a monster has added caramelised onion to, butter, brie, cheddar, cracker.
>>
>>7217895
>Let's just throw some pieces of cheese with no easily recognizable features on a plate and ask people on the internet if they can guess them
>If they guess wrong I'll likely call them retarded
Wew
>>
>>7217902
American cheese is dyed orange
>>
>>7217908
Islam: The post.
>>
Emptied a lunchables onto a plate?
>>
>>7217895
Man fuck the cheese, what crackers are those? They look scrumptious.
>>
>>7217908
Don't judge others by your own standards.
>>
>>7217895
The 5 items toward the top of the plate are cheese, the bottommost item is not
>>
>>7217911
The tradition started in england long ago.
>>
>>7217955
The item far left is clearly butter, fuckwit.
>>
>>7217968
I considered that, but the color not being homogenous seemed to suggest cheese
>>
Yep, it's cheese
>>
File: barbarity.jpg (256KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
barbarity.jpg
256KB, 500x500px
>>7218018
>Yep, it's cheese
This isn't.
>>
>>7218031
dog bless
>>
>>7217907
>cracker
go fuck yourself coon
>>
File: coon.jpg (89KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
coon.jpg
89KB, 500x375px
>>7218045
>>
>>7218031
>cheap shitty cheese isn't cheese
oh, this topic again
>>
>>7218096
>cheese product
>>
>>7217960
It did, but only for certain cheeses (Double Gloucester, Red Leicester, Shropshire Blue)
>>
>>7218104
which were the forbears to the mass produced cheddar and process cheese which bears the dye today

I think they should honor the tradition, I don't get why people often become upset that they are dyed
>>
>>7218103
keyword "cheese"
>>
>>7218103
>Cheese product
>Made from milk, cheese, milk whey, milk protein, milk fat
>Not cheese

>Cheese
>Made from milk, milk protein, milk fat, cheese culture

>Durr murr gurdd so murch better
>Murican cheese wirr kill uuuuu
>I like mah cheese to not melt homogenously in foods I am cooking that require it!!!

Protip, a lot of your "Godlike European Chefs" use fucking Velveeta in their cheese dishes.
>>
>>7218109
>which were the forbears to the mass produced cheddar

Well no, because Cheddar is an actual cheese that's older than any of those other cheeses, and it isn't dyed.

>process cheese

Nothing is a forefather to process cheese; it was an entirely new invention.
>>
>>7218166
>Nothing is a forefather to process cheese; it was an entirely new invention.
No, process cheese literally made with cheddar cheese. It is not dyed independently of this, it just happens to be made with a cheese that is traditionally dyed
>>
>>7218166
>Well no, because Cheddar is an actual cheese that's older than any of those other cheeses, and it isn't dyed.
But cheddar was traditionally dyed at the time it started being made in america, even if some of it isn't anymore
>>
>>7218173
>cheddar
>traditionally dyed

...but Cheddar isn't dyed, traditionally. Like I said, cheeses like Double Gloucester, Red Leicester, Shropshire Blue are dyed. Cheddar is not.
>>
>>7218177
>But cheddar was traditionally dyed at the time it started being made in america

How can it have been a tradition to dye it, if it only started when people started to make it in America?

The word you were looking for there is "incorrectly":

>But cheddar was incorrectly dyed at the time it started being made in america
>>
>>7218185
>How can it have been a tradition to dye it, if it only started when people started to make it in America?
I am not a cheese historian, but a quick google search suggests that farmers started dying cheddar in England before America was a thing, they did so because consumers were put off by the seasonal variation of cheese color as the cow's diet shifted from summer to winter, people associated darker color with being better so the farmers decided to make their cheese darker year round
>>
>>7218178
Euronigger get out

Wisconsin Cheddar is originally and naturally orange because of the high carotenoid diet of the cattle.

For over 200 years since most Cheddar has traditionally been dyed orange, both for aesthetics and to help differentiate it from your anemic Euroshit cattle cheese.

"B-bu-but our cattle are fed organic goat semen!" Eurocuck pls go and stay go.
>>
Where do you get your cheese curds?
I either go to Ellsworth WI's creameries or Bongards MN
>>
>>7218232
>Wisconsin

Not even Americlaps care about what Wisconsin do. Why should anybody else?
>>
>>7218242
>Yeah fuck Wisconsin
>I definitely want Californiacucks making my cancerous dairy products
>>
I only recognize Brie in the middle
[spoiler]I enjoy eating the rind on Brie. [/spoiler]
>>
>>7218242

>yuropeens obsessing about america again

oh gee this is new
>>
File: Image2.jpg (233KB, 1139x1071px) Image search: [Google]
Image2.jpg
233KB, 1139x1071px
>>7217895
>>
>>7218323
>cosby jack

oh im laffin
>>
>>7218323
Ah, yes, Cosby Jack cheese, a famous cheese from the town of Cosby WI
>>
Top left, gouda
top right, parmesan
middle left - butter
middle middle - cheddar
middle right, cheesecake
bottom, biscuit
>>
Butter
Stilton
Camembert
Wendslydale with dried fig
Lincolnshire Poacher
Carr's Water biscuits
>>
>>7218373
In my ideal world anyway.
>>
>>7218103
>>7218031
It is cheddar that has been melted and had water, protein, emulsifiers, stabilizers, and preservatives added.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyyyh8_Afyw
>>
>>7217895
Roquefort, pie crust, butter, brie, parmesan, crackers.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.