[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Celery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: celery.jpg (67KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
celery.jpg
67KB, 360x240px
How do I make celery eatable?

I tried to use them with dip, as I thought it'd maybe lessen the taste of the celery.
But it didn't, the bitter earth taste was just too strong, that I almost threw up.

The only thing I want out of the celery is the fiber, as I'm trying to start to eat healthy, and reduce my constant bloating.
Or is there an alternative I could eat with a lot of nonsoluble fibers?
>>
There are many better sources of fiber than celery.

http://greatist.com/health/surprising-high-fiber-foods
>>
>>7211790
Get some psyllium husk.
>>
Stop being a literal child.

Or blanch them.
>>
>bitter earth
i cant say that i've ever noticed that taste in celery before. i think it tastes pretty good, and is a solid all rounder that can go in most dishes. just not too sure why everyone thinks its so bad
>>
>>7211790
Have you tried peanut butter?
Trader Joe's has peanut butter that's only peanuts and salt, which is what I use
>>
Steam that shit and/or throw some in a stir fry with mushrooms, etc.
>>
>>7211817
>peanut butter that's only peanuts and salt,
Sounds terrible
>>
>>7211817
Not really a fan of peanut butter.

Atm I'm trying to just eat simple salad sandwhiches. Some chicken/turkey slices, lettuce, and a bit of paprika.

Then for another meal I want to start to do some chicken wraps, but I need to learn the dressing recipe from my mom. In that it's also simple, like lettuce, chicken bits, paprika and cucumber.
I'm thinking black beans would fit pretty well to it, depending on how much it tastes, and it's texture.

Will need to figure some other meals out too, but have to start somewhere.

>>7211802
What do black beans taste like? That seems like the easiest way for fibers... Though how much of that is insoluble?
>>
>>7211845
>What do black beans taste like?

They're quite mild. And like any kind of dried bean/lentil/etc they soak up the flavors of what you cook them in so they work well with just about any kind of food.

>>Though how much of that is insoluble?
Google can help you with that.
>>
>>7211790
>I tried to use them with dip, as I thought it'd maybe lessen the taste of the celery.
I like them stuffed with cream cheese, chilled, sprinkled with sweet paprika. Try vegetable cream cheese.
Some people like it stuffed with peanut butter and raisins (ants on a log is the name).
Try different dips. I am loving Bolthouse Farms cilantro avocado dressing at the moment, also suggest honey mustard and really chunky blue cheese (combine cream cheese, gorgonzola, dates, parsley).
>But it didn't, the bitter earth taste was just too strong, that I almost threw up.
Buy celery hearts instead. These are lighter green, less pungent, same fiber.
>The only thing I want out of the celery is the fiber, as I'm trying to start to eat healthy, and reduce my constant bloating.
Veggies create bloating, esp this insoluble type. Might want to look at another problem going on. Add probiotic supplements daily.
>Or is there an alternative I could eat with a lot of nonsoluble fibers?
Handle your problem with daily Citrucel until you simply feel better, than introduce foods that you may or may not like. Apple and oatmeal are great soluble choices. Some sandwich breads are a ridiculous 12g of fiber per slice now.
>>
>>7211830
It's not bad desu
It's not as 'good' as other peanut butter, but you can eat a bit and not intake excess calories
>>
>>7211847
Yeah... but, this is what I found
https://www.prebiotin.com/resources/fiber-content-of-foods/

>Black bean, undiluted -1 cup - 6.80g fibers 5.10g soluble 1.70g insoluble
That's completely different from that other site, that claimed they had 15g fibers... Some of the nutritional facts on packages I found with black beans say 15g per 100grams, which is 25g per 1 cup.
None of the information I find about it matches.

According to this site I found, "Beans, soybeans, roasted" seems to be some sort of super fiber food, with its 30.4g fibers content, in 1 cup.
That seems to be a much better alternative? And apparently they're supposedly good to simply eat as a snack.
>>
also celery it good in soups, are you a soup person anon?
>>
>>7211872
Nope, not a soup person.
>>
>>7211864
>None of the information I find about it matches.

Make sure you are comparing the same preparation method. One site might be discussing DRY beans while the other is talking about canned or cooked.
>>
>>7211873
bugger, there are several high fiber soups that taste very good. what type of cooking are you into? actual cooking, half assed, quick and easy, packaged etc?
>>
>>7211790
Make cold bean salad.
Beans + chopped vegetables + acid + herb/seasoning.

Mexican flavor: black beans+avocado diced++red onion+lime+cilantro. Add corn, red bell pepper, jalapeno, anything you want.

Northern beans+cucumber+bell pepper+lemon+basil. Could dice zucchini, celery, roasted garlic, onion, garlic, from simple to complex, anything you want.

Along this idea and already put together for you, you might enjoy making Tuscan Suddenly Salad mix (quinoa), which has a boil in bag grain bag, and you add like one thing to kick it up a notch, like cubed mozzarella. You might also like the bulgur wheat tabolleh from Near East, plus a hothouse cucumber, tomatoes, jar of olives and feta.
>>
When preparing soybeans, and I want to roast them, am I still supposed to do everything?

>Let them stay 10 hours in cold water
>Boil them for 2 hours on low heating (is the water supposed to boil?)
And then if I want to roast them I go through the roasting? But in a roasting recipe it says I'm supposed to let them stay in water over the night....
>>
>>7211790
mirepoix stir fry as a side dish. carrot, onion and celery.
>>
>>7211960
Soaking in water for 10 hours is only needed if you have dry soybeans. If you have fresh or frozen then you can skip that step.

>>Boil them for 2 hours on low heating (is the water supposed to boil?)

That's if you want to make boiled soybeans. It's totally unnecessary if you want to roast them.
>>
>>7211897
Here's one I like: White beans, parsley, tuna, radicchio, celery, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil.
>>
I just cut up the stalks very thinly, add salt and lemon juice and eat it like that. Tastes like refreshment to me. If you don't put enough salt and lemon juice it tastes like ass tho.
>>
What is this meme of hating celery on /ck/? Its in of the most innocuous milquetoast veggies out there. Eat some mustard greends faggot try to ignore that flavor
>>
>>7212016
>Its in of the most innocuous milquetoast veggies out there.
Actually, no. It's considered an aromatic, mostly. It's known for the strong flavor. I adore it, but you should know it's not considered mild whatsoever no matter how often its used and taken as a basic.
>>
>>7211992
You pour lemon juice onto it?

I don't handle apple juice very well, I get super bloated from it, so I think I'm gonna void any juice.
>>
>>7212047

It's just a few drops splashed onto the celery. Surely that wouldn't be enough to cause any problems?
>>
You are all cunts for not already proposing a Bloody Mary.
>>
>>7211973
>mirepoix side dish

You are a real autist.
>>
There are plenty of better sources of fiber, but some general tips on celery:

The inner stalks are much more mildly flavored and tender than the outer stalks. The leaves at the top can be especially bitter.

I usually use celery *in* things, rather than just eating it plain. When it's cooked, it becomes much milder, like onions, and imparts a subjectively nice flavor on the rest of the dish. It's good in soups, and pretty much anything you'd add various cooked vegetables too, as long as the high liquid content of celery won't make the rest of the dish soggy (e.g. I wouldn't use it on pizza for that reason).

Raw, I like it cut into quarter inch (half cm) slices, to add some a little flavor and crunch to mild, soft dishes like a tuna salad, potato salad, egg salad, or bulgur salad. A stalk of celery per serving of those won't add so much flavor that it's overpowering.
>>
>>7211790
Try buying the whitest celery available, its way softer than the greeners.
Quick salad: celery, shredded carrots, thinly chopped green apple. Olive oil and vinegar or lemon juice. Te sweetness of the carrots and apples combine really good with the celery.
>>
>>7212274
How much olive oil and vinegar do you usually use?
>>
>>7211790
Dip it in ranch to go along with your tendies.

Really though, celery is great in tuna, chicken, or salmon salad, it adds flavor and texture.
>>
use medium low heat to sweat them for a long time. like 15 minutes. they get really tender and a nice subtle sweetness
>>
>>7212059
It's good senpai, just rough chop the three veggies and fry. Perhaps you are projecting desu.
>>
>>7212614
I cuouldn't tell. Just as much as you think it's ok
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.