[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/, I just got a Rice Cooker for christmas, got any good ideas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 81S6SuC1NHL._SL1500_.jpg (172KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81S6SuC1NHL._SL1500_.jpg
172KB, 1500x1500px
Hey /ck/,

I just got a Rice Cooker for christmas, got any good ideas?
>>
>>7210600
I like those one pot dishes you can make with rice cookers.

Sear the outside of your meat of choice, throw it right into the pot with your rice, water, spices, a tiny bit of olive oil and a couple of cloves of garlic then about halfway through cooking, open really quick and throw in your vegetables.

Opening the cooker mid-operation might fuck up the texture of your rice, but honestly I've never had a single issue.
>>
cook rice
>>
>>7210600
rice
>>
>>7210600
Put a bouillon cube in some water and microwave it to dissolve it. I tossed it in once without dissolving it first, and the rice soaked up the water first and the cube just sat on top. Disappointed!

Adds a lot of flavor and aroma. You can get a box full of them for a dollar and some change.

Or, if you're a faggot, just add the homemade stock that you want everyone to know you made.
>>
try some rice
>>
>>7210688
You could also just crush up the bouillon.
>>
You can make a cake in it.
>>
I don't know, you could try making rice with it dude
>>
Make bread.
>>
>>7210600
Throw in a few diced veges of your choice before cooking. Now you have healthy rice with veges you can eat with whatever you want.

You can also dissolve half a/a whole stock cube in the water before cooking for flavour.

Rice cookers are fuckin great.
>>
perhaps rice?

Seriously though I have the same one in OP pic. When I cook rice in it I'll use the steamer basket to steam some carrots, put some rosemary in there, so good.
>>
>>7211104
I have the same one too and haven't used the steamer basket yet :3
>>
>>7210600
are you my roommate? Got the exact same damn thing.
Did you make jasmine rice in it today?
>>
go to a marathon
>>
>>7211263
Oh, damn, this is awkward.
Yeah, I did
>>
>>7210600
I have that model. One of my goto quick meals is to ill it with the amount of rice I want. Add some coriander seeds and water to it. Then I put frozen fish in the top basket, season it appropriately.

When it's about done I steam some vegetables on the stove to go with it.
>>
make enough rice to fill a bathtub

lay in bath tub after taking a heavy dose of barbiturates and have a good a swig of vodka.

take it from there
>>
>>7211156
I have this model. The steamer basket works quite nicely. Just note with hardier root veg, it's best to give it a quick parboil, cuz the amount of time the rice takes and the amount of time root veg needs to steam properly is a lil different.
>>
>>7211027
>Throw in a few diced veges of your choice before cooking. Now you have healthy rice with veges you can eat with whatever you want.

^ This. So tasty, so easy. I also do veggies & half rice/half lentil, a bit of bullion, and then add some water to it in a bowl to make a soup. It's pleb-tier but great if you're super lazy...can go play computer games and not worry about it burning (it switches to Warm once most of the water is absorbed/evaporated).
>>
>>7210600
Go to a nearby asian market. get one of the more expensive rices. its so fucking worth it.
I just finished a 50lb bag (like 25$ )from costco that i thought was pretty decent.
I bought a 21$ 20lb bag from 99 Ranch, goddamn that shits so fucking good.

Thats some good shit. After i finish this bag, im going to buy the 35$ 20lb bag and see how dope that shit is.
>>
>>7210600
besides rice, you can also try to make soup or some shit, yet i don't have that model and don't know if it would work (on mine it does, at least, but it's cheaper and simplier). Will check it later, to see how it works, so i can recomend an alternative.

For rice:
Add shit for flavour or colour (butter, any kind of powder, oil, pepper...), add your salt, add your water. Mix the rice with your meats and veges and add it. Mix it a bit on the rice cooker if you see you have to. Idk, shit seems more uniform and it's easier (for me, at least)

Any rice cooker has the "recommended" amount of water/rice, if you add more shit, add a bit more of water (test for optimal relation according to your palate)

Easy and cheap rice it's just some butter, some oil, and a bit of salt and pepper.
Can add sliced or diced garlic, onions and tomatos. Can also add other veggies or beans, hell, even corn.

If you want colour you can add hot sauce (a tbspn, maybe 2, per cup) or some herbs. Add just a bit if it's for colour, and double that for flavour.

Check the times the beans and the shit you want to cook with the rice have. May need to do a little cooking before for perfect rice

Experiment. Rice it's one of the easiest foods to get your own recipe, and it's cheap as hell. Hope it helps you, or something.
>>
>>7212973
What kind of rice was the stuff from 99 Ranch?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.