[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Bean Soup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: blackbeansoup.jpg (12KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
blackbeansoup.jpg
12KB, 480x270px
So for some reason I've gotten the craving for black bean soup.

How do you guys make yours? Never done it before but it can't be all that difficult I imagine.
>>
>buy can of Goya Black Beans
>recipe on can

it's really very good. I add some chipotle tabasco and sometimes throw some chicken or other meat in there
>>
>buy a can of black bean at winco/costco for $0.66
>open can
>pour it in a bowl
>microwave
b-bean soup

>microwave some tortillas
Bean DIP
>>
>>7209727
Oh I haven't even looked on the cans haha. I'm still upstairs.

Well still thank you, does anyone actually make this from scratch or am I just having a weird drunk craving?
>>
>>7209705
It's super simple.
Black bean soup is by far the easiest soup to make, and still very tasty. Here's my recipe:

2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1/2 cup salsa of your choice (I make my own)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste
juice of 1 lime

Put one can of beans in a blender with the stock, salsa, and cumin. Blend until smooth. Pour into a saucepan, add the other can of beans and heat over medium-low until you reach a simmer. Simmer a few minutes and add salt and pepper to taste. Right before serving, stir in juice of 1 lime.
Garnish with lime slice, a dollop of sour cream or salsa, and chopped scallions and cilantro.
You can also make the soup totally smooth if you like and blend the other can of beans in to it, but you may need to adjust the stock up to make the perfect consistency.
>>
>>7209757
Thanks for the reply, this is basically what I was gonna do. I'm making this for my family so I'll probably end up using like 4 cans of beans but I can adjust everything easy enough. Don't have fresh cilantro unfortunately but I do have cilantro cubes (they actually work well in a pinch I've been surprised.)

I make my own salsa too but the only one I have on hand is my tomatillo salsa I made and I don't want to put that in so I may just dump some jarred salsa in.
>>
>>7209757
>>7209762
I was also thinking of adding some oregano or chili powder in. I like things with a little kick but one person doesn't, so I want it to be tasty-spicy and not hot. If that makes sense?
>>
>>7209768
>>7209762

I think that would be good. The recipe I gave is just the basic recipe, I add extra seasonings to mine sometimes, too, and as long as you're in keeping with the basic flavor profile, you can add whatever you like. Chili powder and oregano would be good, so would epazote. I had some green jalapeno powder and some fresh tomatillos that I added to my batch last time, and it tasted great.
>>
>>7209778
Honestly never worked with epazote or even seen it. I have no idea what it is like.

I also used up the rest of my jalapenos last week but I have jars of pickled jalapenos in my fridge and even keep a jar of old jalapeno juice just to add to things to make spicy haha. I think that would give it a nice little kick.

Any other suggestions? If anyone is interested I'll post a few pics later on if I decide to make it. If anyone cares that is.

Thanks again though, I do welcome any suggestions/additions of course.
>>
This sounds good, I'll make it tonight too.
>>
File: 19-hero-best-black-bean-soup.jpg (815KB, 2280x920px) Image search: [Google]
19-hero-best-black-bean-soup.jpg
815KB, 2280x920px
I'm pretty sure this is the one I've made a few times and was good. It's also really simple.

http://www.bushbeans.com/en_US/recipe/best-black-bean-soup
>>
>>7209737

the GOYA recipe.

2 tbsp. GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp. GOYA® Ground Cumin
1 tsp. GOYA® Minced Garlic
1 tsp. GOYA® Oregano leaf
1 packet Sazón GOYA® Natural and Complete
2 tbsp. GOYA® Golden Cooking Wine
2 cans (15.5 oz. each) GOYA® Black Beans, undrained
2 GOYA® Bay Leaves
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. GOYA® White Distilled Vinegar
GOYA® Adobo with Pepper, to taste
Finely chopped white onions
Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
>>
File: blackbean soup1.jpg (320KB, 800x548px) Image search: [Google]
blackbean soup1.jpg
320KB, 800x548px
>>7209889
starting some stock and soaking some beans
>>
>>7210221
Hey I'm the Op of this thread, turns out I only had 1 can of beans so it's gonna wait till tomorrow or something, that being said I wanna see what you do! Keep goin'!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.