[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camping gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Wasn't sure whether to post here or >>>/trv/ but what do you take with you when cooking on the road? I'm shopping for portable stuff.

Any tips on what to look out for or how to save money? I assume stainless steel is the way to go material wise.
>>
>>7209425
I'd try /out/. they're always talking gear.
>>
Just buy a kirkland 500 pack of assorted plastic cutlery.
>>
>>7209425
>Titanium spork
>Folding pocket knife
You're all set
>>
File: rohans.jpg (21KB, 613x674px) Image search: [Google]
rohans.jpg
21KB, 613x674px
>>7209445
>bare hands
Idiot.
These things are great for travelling.
>>
>>7209441
didn't think about that. good for opening tins.
>>7209437
i'll keep my eyes open there then thanks
>>
Those plastic sporks from Popeye's are the GOAT. They're famous for being indestructible.
>>
>>7209460
the concern about disposable stuff for me is that.. i will be tempted to just throw it away knowing i can get another one free. i want something that is a bit more environmental but plays into my lazy ass ways. like those tupperware containers. you can get disposable ones but the proper thing will last you a while.
>>
Folding knife. Anything else can be carved from wood. A camping spork is preferable but just a knife is good in a pinch.
>>
>>7209463
>spork
>bare hands
>comparable
Yup, you're an idiot.
>>
>>7209445
Try eating beef stew with your bare hands......
>>
>>7209492
Done.

Next!
>>
>>7209463
>camping gear
>hands
This place always go to shit during school holidays.
>>
>>7209492
>2015
>not eating delicious, hot soup from the palm of your hand.
This thread just went full retard.
>>
>>7209425
It depends on if you are car camping or carrying everything in your pack.

If there is a source of water or if you are carrying it all yourself.

I carry my portable cutlery, a good knife, my kettle, my cup and a bowl to stick on top of my stove.

This is for one person,if there are others you probably wont be eating out of the cooking bowl and will need serving containers.

You should probably check out /out/, it is the outdoors board.
>>
>>7209492
That's not funny. My mother died of tetanus after she fed me hot stew from her bare hands when I was a child.
>>
>>7209445
Is that a meme or are sporks actually really shit?
>>
>>7209555
>I carry my portable cutlery, a good knife, my kettle, my cup and a bowl to stick on top of my stove.
this is really helpful. i already found a few threads on there i enjoy reading so i will likely return. what sort of kettle do you take? i love to drink tea.
>>
>>7209492
>Not eating stew with chopsticks just made from twigs

I bet you don't like jelly doughnuts either.
>>
>>7209557
I've witnessed someone die from tetanus. All of their muscles tighten up so severely that it breaks some of their bones. It's unreal. I bet your mom was a tight fuck before she died.
>>
>>7209587
Just a bog standard camping kettle like this:
http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Trangia-Kettle/34-6994?gclid=CjwKEAiA2IO0BRDXmLndksSB0WgSJADNKqqoem78dn998RqMBL1M870KiOi5lGBr4VCFW7iXDKYe5RoCfIvw_wcB
to put on top of the stand above my stove.

I do keep meaning to buy a Kelly kettle but £45 just seems a bit much for a travel kettle.
>>
>>7209611
looks good. always hesitant about aluminium. the kelly looks great but i'd need to use it several weeks a year to justify that price.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.