[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chili Oil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (290KB, 936x920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
290KB, 936x920px
Looking for a solid chili oil recipe.
Anyone here make theirs and can offer suggestions?
>>
>>7209252
Anyone?
No.
>>
>>7209252
Sure thing OP

You will need:
Oil
Dried Chili Flakes

Step 1
Put dried Chili Flakes in oil

Wala! Enjoy!
>>
>>7209283

>no garlic
>no salt
>no sugar
>no fresh chilies
no thank you
>>
>>7209283
Pretty much this, only heat up the oil to 80-90C before pouring on the chili flakes.

>>7209322
Neither sugar nor salt dissolve in oil. Fresh chiles only add moisture, reducing the longevity of your oil. I guess garlic wouldn't hurt, but I prefer if I can control the amount of garlic separately.
>>
Use a good Sichuan chili oil recipe if you can find one, they have the best oil for sure.

1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 tbsp Sichuan pepper flakes
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp minced garlic
>>
>>7209364

>no chilies in chili oil recipe

you are aware that sichuan pepper is not a chili pepper right? Also, with all the water soluble crud in there, you clearly pulled this vinaigrette recipe out of your ass
>>
>>7209451

Let's see your recipe hot shot. Easy to bitch about something till you get called out on it.
>>
equal parts finely diced red onion and dried birds eye flakes
salt, soy sauce, sugar and and tamarind sauce
a couple cloves worth of garlic

All of that fried in enough oil to cover it, for long enough that the onions bits were crisp. The garlic must have gone in at the end now that I think about it, or it would have burnt.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97D69SLxE-E

one of the best videos on the subjects, Ive mimicked the recipe and technique and had alot of success
>>
>>7209465

>chilies
>oil
>>
>>7212277

This. I have a couple of Sichuan cookbooks and they both give the exact same recipe: put chilis in a pot and then pour hot oil on top. Allow to cool. That's it.
>>
File: Asperger King.gif (32KB, 650x422px) Image search: [Google]
Asperger King.gif
32KB, 650x422px
>>7209364
>>7209322
>>7209344

>garlic
>oil

Y'all best be careful about that.
Garlic+Oil can lead to botulism and you will die.

https://startpage.com/do/search?query=garlic+oil+botulism
>>
I didnt even know you can make oil solid?!
>>
>>7212329

Garlic is not the risk here--it's simply an example. The risk would apply to anything packed in an anaerobic environment.

In this case the risk is very low though. You are heating the oil as part of making it and the temperature greatly exceeds that needed to kill the bacteria and spores.
>>
>>7212346
>The risk would apply to anything packed in an anaerobic environment.
A solid reason to make small batches as needed. Dry chilies store a long time, as does oil in tins. Toast and simmer in oil as needed. I would decant it into more than one jar, with the idea that you don't contaminate it with a dirty utensil or open and close it too much. Pour it out.
>>
>>7210288
God damn that looks good. Adding the powder at varying temperatures is interesting, I wonder how much of a noticeable difference it makes.
>>
File: Photo0626.jpg (412KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Photo0626.jpg
412KB, 1600x1200px
>>7209252
My recipe for that is pretty simple. I go a local Chinese joint a couple blocks from me, ask nicely and the chef sells me some. Here's a picture of the latest batch. A one cup size (8 oz) lasts for a couple months and costs like $2 or so.
>>
>>7210288
holy fuck
>>
>>7210288
it doesn't say what kind of stock unless I missed it, just that stock prepared the previous day is added. does it just vary depending on what yo plan to make with the chili oil?
>>
>>7209252
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlIiADdh-QY

this video
>>
>>7212492

Methinks the "stock" was a translation SNAFU. A traditional water-based stock wouldn't mix with the oil. Plus the "stock" they used didn't have the color or the consistency of any of the usual Chinese stocks. I think it was oil-based.
>>
>>7209252
http://thewoksoflife.com/2015/08/how-to-make-chili-oil/

This site has a good recipe, I've made it multiple times and it always turns out.

Really any of their recipes are really good, both Chinese and gwailo. They have a fucking fantastic chocolate cake recipe.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.