[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ck/, what's your secret to great green bean casserole?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: P092514182638_0.jpg (80KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
P092514182638_0.jpg
80KB, 300x300px
/ck/, what's your secret to great green bean casserole?
>>
Lots of the fried onions.
>>
Frying up some bacon, then cook chopped onion and sliced mushrooms in the bacon fat. Add some garlic, salt pepper, fresh thyme, flour to make a roux, then milk to make a bechamel. Add some nutmeg and some sharp cheddar, mix it together with green beans, top with buttered panko and bake it.
>>
not using canned mushroom slop.
>>
File: FFO.jpg (146KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FFO.jpg
146KB, 600x600px
>>7207723
Put pic related on them and you'll be OK.
>>
Some guy in a Thanksgiving thread mentioned that his sister makes it with sawmill gravy. I tried that for my Christmas green bean casserole, and it turned out great. But that's not really MY secret.
>>
>>7207729

I like this guy
>>
>>7207789
Thanks from NY.
>>
>>7207789
they're pretty much just onions coated with salt and flour, and deep fried. i had them for the first time in my life 6 months ago and they were just like onion chips.

you're so annoying man.
>>
>>7207789
>prepackaged
You dumbass fuck, if it's packaged, then it is. How would it be "prepackaged?"

>Calls me a flyover
>>
File: Government_Cheese.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Government_Cheese.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
>>7207877
Gottta add some government cheese.
>>
>>7207729

I do basically the same thing. Minus the nutmeg and panko and I make my own onions. Soak them in buttermilk for a day first.
>>
>>7208244
Yeah, I'd prefer to make my own fried onions but the only time I ever make green bean casserole is on Thanksgiving with some friends of mine and like half their family won't eat onions if they're obvious/noticeable. I can get away with chopping the onions that I mix into the bechemel pretty easily since they're small but it's the onions on top they refuse to eat. So I just use buttered panko instead so everyone can enjoy it.
>>
>>7208310
They sound like real faggots, the type that can't have anyone on an airplane have peanut because the peanut dust might harm their special snowflakeness. FUCKING ASSHOLES!
>>
>>7207723
I don't eat green beans.
>>
fried onions with green beans?? thats some majestic S H I T
>>
>>7207723
Make it from scratch. That's the secret to great green bean casserole. Make a cream sauce, saute a variety of mushrooms, make frizzled onions, use fresh green beans (or frozen in a pinch). I also like to add a spoonful of sour cream to the cream sauce before mixing, and add sliced water chestnuts. Crisp bacon or pancetta is a good addition if you want a meaty flavor in there (or you can also just use bacon fat to make your cream sauce instead of butter).
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.