[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is a picture of an old fashioned in an old fashioned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: tmg-article_main_wide_2x[1].jpg (348KB, 1940x868px) Image search: [Google]
tmg-article_main_wide_2x[1].jpg
348KB, 1940x868px
So this is a picture of an old fashioned in an old fashioned glass. But whenever I search for recipes and make them, i end up with only a tiny amount of drink. Even if I add a bunch of ice it still only fills about half the glass.

So what gives? This happens with practically every cocktail I try to make
>>
>>7207552
Uh, make a double? Are you retarded by chance?
>>
>>7207558

But I ordered one at a bar once and didn't ask for a double and it was a full glass too. Is that normal?
>>
glasses have gotten bigger. tge classic rocks glass was 5-6 oz, now its 8-10. same with the highball and martini glasses, look at old movies then compare to todays monstrosities
>>
>>7207564
It was a technically a double. No one orders double old fashioned, you just get a rocks glass full of the drink.
>>
>>7207571
basically this, you are probably using your moms retard sized double old fashioned glasses
>>
>>7207596

I bought them myself. Can you link me to properly sized old fashioned glasses?
>>
>>7207609
there are regular(6-10oz) and double(12-16oz) old fashioned glasses, they come in a variety of sizes. also have you tried putting more ice in your glass?
>>
>>7207619

Mine are definitely not more than 10oz. I just checked
>>
>Fill glass with ice
>Fill glass with water to the level you wish your drink to reach
>Drain that water and measure it
>Congratulations, you now know how much of your alcoholic beverage to mix if you want to fill your glass to the desired level
>>
File: bill-nye_250px_200px.png (52KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
bill-nye_250px_200px.png
52KB, 200x189px
>>7207640
science rules!
>>
>people who don't make their old fashioneds with brandy?
>>
>>7207609
https://www.etsy.com/listing/226584314/w-m-dalton-french-lead-crystal-old

look at that pic and compare to the bucket you're using
>>
>>7207625

A classic old fashioned glass is 6 oz. A double is 12.
>>
File: mustard.jpg (653KB, 2274x2274px) Image search: [Google]
mustard.jpg
653KB, 2274x2274px
>>7207609
find a decent looking mustard glass and those are about the right size theyre saying
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.